rugbyunion
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
Cambridge preview of tomorrows game
noibla (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 20:04
This is well worth a read having well researched information spanning from Drake to travel suggestions for the game on Saturday, well done Cambridge the best I can remember reading.

[www.crufc.co.uk]

Semper Sersum.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Cambridge preview of tomorrows game
Dewnansek (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 00:42
I was intrigued by the references to the Cambridge team being called the "blood and sand".

Obviously this has been an interest to others, as I found this posting on the Coventry site.

[coventryrfc.me]

King Albion
King Albion (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 08:56
Completely agree Noibla. Excellent article and learnt a few things there for myself!! Nice one Cambridge!

MESSAGES->author
lobina (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 11:59
Sounds like a proper rugby club.

Camquin
Camquin (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 13:33
Thanks for the kind words on the preview. I try my best.

Cambridge's home strip is Red and Yellow - which is always referred to as Blood and Sand.

The colours come from the main colours on the city's coat of arms. Red background and yellow bridge.

The Club was formed in 1923.

Although I have no evidence of an actual link - I note that one of the hit films of the previous year was the Rudy Valentino film about a bull fighter: Blood and Sand.

Those that follow rolling maul might notice I use Rudy as my avatar.

MESSAGES->author
noibla (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 16:33
Good to hear from you "Rudy" hope you have a successful season, cheers. Great preview as well.

Semper Sersum.

ianbol
ianbol (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 09:14
Yes, brilliant and very well researched. Methinks it should be compulsory reading for ALL Janners.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net