rugbyunion
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
Match reports from twitter
noibla (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 16:47
Did anyone else get a confusing report this afternoon on the Fylde game ?

On a personnel note I find that there are long gaps between posts, surely something must be going on to keep us up with the play.

And the final score confused me, I haven't seen it on any official site as yet but the twitter reports I saw showed three try's by Sam Daly, Harrison Cully and Matt Shepherd with two conversions. 0 - 19 which was on screen. Then the result given as 0 -26, it looks like we have the five points it said, will keep you updated it said.
Did we or didn't we get a five point win I ask ?
Will check with BBC sport or other later I guess.

Semper Sersum.

Boudicca
Re: Match reports from twitter
Boudicca (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 17:01
You should think yourself lucky there were tweets at all. Those tweeting spent good money supporting the club away which is more than can be said about a lot of stay at home complainers

Chris728
Chris728 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 17:34
Im sorry to say I agree Boudica. Some people expect too much. If thry cant get off their behinds and make the effort to support the team away from home why should others tell them what is going on. Its all take take and no give

MESSAGES->author
noibla (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:06
Oh dear, I have upset someone it seems.

I'm not ungrateful for whatever service I can get for the away games, it was just an observation and if I'm wrong about my comments please tell me.

As for travelling to the away games I'm unable to do that now unfortunately but rest assured that I was part of the team that provided a blow by blow score to the supporters that were unable to travel when this site started many years ago, and long before anyone else had the ability or the desire to keep those at home in touch or at that time thought it necessary I feel.

I'm glad to see that it has now changed for the better since we have now moved with the times and thank you to whoever takes the trouble now.

As for getting off our behinds and not making an effort, some may well be offended with that comment as it could well be an impossible ask of them.

And thanks again for those tweets today.

Semper Sersum.

ianbol
ianbol (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 12:31
Like noibla, I too was confused about the result on Twitter. I thought we had scored 3 tries thus missing the B.P. when I signed off.

Oh dear, another Travel Club anonamous poster slagging off "stay-at-home" supporters. I travelled with the club for 6 yrs + starting in the days of Keith Colpitts. Unhappily I am no longer able to do it ----- much to my regret. I know of several other ex-travellers who through similar reasons of advancing age or partners infirmity are likewise now unable to indulge their supporting desires BUT ALL are most anxious to know how the squad are doing on the road.

Be sure, Boudicca, you too ain't getting any younger.

Be more than happy to have a chat with you re this next Sat as I'm pretty sure you know who I am.

ianbol
ianbol (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 11:30
Really sorry that boudicca didn't accept my offer of a chat on Saturday. It might have cleared the air.

Boudicca
Boudicca (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 17:14
OK I hsve been reviled for my views on the non travellers who expect Twitter reports so why haven't they said how apprecistive they are for the excellent tweets today. I for one am very pleased with them even though I didn't expect them

MESSAGES->author
noibla (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:37
Hi Boudicca, It's a good point that you make and I too was impressed with yesterdays posts, them being more frequent and for me they seemed to come from, how can I say, someone who either was better able to describe the situations and certainly created a clearer picture of the game, well done to however it was.

In fact I tweeted to the site congratulating the person concerned without a reply but I'm sure they read it although you have three options to reply too so I hope I picked the right one and one of the options was way behind the current state of play but I'm sure that can be sorted.

Looking forward to the next away game and I would prefer to say that I look forward to these reports rather than expect them as they require someone to take the time and trouble of course.

Semper Sersum.

MESSAGES->author
Southway Albion. (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 16:25
The tweets are usually done by Twittermonkey, who travels with team.
However, at Fylde, I believe he was unable to travel due to other commitments.
This meant that the tweets were sent by a travelling supporter, on his personal phone,using his paid for minutes.All this whilst trying to watch and enjoy the game that he had travelled up on the Friday and stayed the weekend at their own great expense.
If this person had not bothered, you would only have had Fyldes tweets to go on.
I am not getting at anybody for not travelling but surely a little gratitude for a thankless task would not go amiss.
No doubt some will, a) disagree

b) takes umbrage at this post
Or. c)think that I am having a go at some.

I'm not but if you don't agree.....I don't really care.

Regards,
Paul.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net