rugbyunion
Latest News:

baatalbion
The Students!
baatalbion (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 17:56
Very disappointing about today's game. How can the students refuse to play once the ref has deemed that the pitch is ok? I presume that it was passed fit yesterday too. They should face a sanction and we should be awarded five points.

plymquin3
Re: The Students!
plymquin3 (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 19:53
granted . but albion get very few chances to make money , home games are the clubs best chance at making money. we /they need the game to be replayed.i believe there is more to this than meets the eye.

MESSAGES->author
Cider Drinker (IP Logged)
20 January, 2018 20:03
never known it - a game called off when the pitch was playable, was deemed by the ref (or so we hear as playable surface) - saying it was a health and safety concern ?(not confirmed)
maybe their 3G pitch has spoilt them, and not used to playing on a real rugby pitch
even our 2nd pitch(top field) had a game played on it - there was a lot to discuss afterwards - think a representation to RFU(or other) to say it was an uncontested game ?
always think if i was captain, would have said - my team will be on the field at 3, if you don't then forfeit the points ?
please Albion - make a representation - i have pictures of the pitch - no floods - i also have picture of a flood to rival the ark being built = Coventry a few years back - water running down the road as we arrived being swept off the pitch and played, bees with a foot of snow - played... and many more... didn't Mosley play in the snow today???

(Sm129) Don't let anything get in the way of a good game of Rugby

baatalbion
baatalbion (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 06:58
plymquin, very true about the revenue needed from home games. Also, I don't want to miss out on an entertaining afternoon's rugby. Not sure about any more free Saturdays. Will it have to be replayed at the end of the season? It's Sunday now and I'm still steaming about it!

BFM
BFM (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 09:18
I sat in the grandstand and by 3.30 the ground was bathed in sunshine. I have a photo to prove it.

The pitch looked worse than it really was because the grass had been cut.

BFM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/01/2018 09:19 by BFM.

MESSAGES->author
Igwok Dominus (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 09:38
Well at least the event led to a fairly lively clubhouse chat - best for years.

For the sake of clarity of who makes the decisions on whether to play or not the following has been taken from para 6.3 of the NCA Admin Instructions which can be found here

"When a late decision (i.e. within 3 hours of kick-of ) as to the fitness of the pitch for playing a match is necessary, the decision shall be made by the captains of the teams involved. If the captains agree for the match to proceed, the Match Referee is still entitled to decline to referee any match on the grounds of safety or other substantial reason. If one or both of the captains does not agree for the match to proceed, the match will not be played and the matter will be referred to the NCA Secretary to decide what action shall be taken in accordance with RFU Regulation 13.6.11

It then goes on to set out the obligations of PA to report the situation to the NCA.

My body is a temple - I desecrate it every day(Sm63)

ianbol
ianbol (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 11:27
Indeed, hugely disappointing. Seems to me that, with their artificial pitch, the students are well spoiled. An unkind person might conclude that these days they don't like getting their knees muddy nor wish to soak + wash muddy kit. It may also be the case that they turned up with an "understrength" side and preferred not to play. Very disappointing.

covmick1/Michael Carter
21 January, 2018 12:34
Quote:
Cider Drinker
never known it - a game called off when the pitch was playable, was deemed by the ref (or so we hear as playable surface) - saying it was a health and safety concern ?(not confirmed)
maybe their 3G pitch has spoilt them, and not used to playing on a real rugby pitch
even our 2nd pitch(top field) had a game played on it - there was a lot to discuss afterwards - think a representation to RFU(or other) to say it was an uncontested game ?
always think if i was captain, would have said - my team will be on the field at 3, if you don't then forfeit the points ?
please Albion - make a representation - i have pictures of the pitch - no floods - i also have picture of a flood to rival the ark being built = Coventry a few years back - water running down the road as we arrived being swept off the pitch and played, bees with a foot of snow - played... and many more... didn't Mosley play in the snow today???

Many a remark was made at BPA (Coventry) today about that game against The Albion. We had surface water on the pitch yeesterday plus a game was played Friday evening. Coventry Bears RFL versus Leeds Rhinos. The late Frank Stormont made postcards of the aforesaid game I still have copies. It is a real quandry when the home club has done everything to set up for game day. Food, staff and beer sorry lesley Cider. I hope that your club is not to out of pocket. Hope you also (club) get some recompense becasse of this action.

covmick/Michael Carter

ianbol
ianbol (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 15:27
Hi cov/mick, they may want us to refund their coach expenses. Watching Wasps v Ulster, much more liquid on that pitch than on ours.

MESSAGES->author
Igwok Dominus (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 19:06
The subject of travel expenses is also covered in Para 6.3:-

"If this procedure [as described in my previous post] has been followed correctly and the fixture is postponed because the pitch is unplayable after the visiting team have travelled to fulfil the fixture, the away team may be able to claim some of their costs from a RFU fund. To do so, they need to complete the appropriate form which can be downloaded from the NCA web site and send this to the NCA Secretary within 28 days of the match date."

My body is a temple - I desecrate it every day(Sm63)

MESSAGES->author
Cider Drinker (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 20:32
anyone remember the home game against Hull ? pitures from Albion official site :-http://www.plymouthalbion.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/921859-624x366.jpg
http://www.plymouthalbion.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/921796-624x378.jpg

(Sm129) Don't let anything get in the way of a good game of Rugby

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 21/01/2018 20:36 by Cider Drinker.

MESSAGES->author
noibla (IP Logged)
21 January, 2018 20:35
When was that C.D.?

Semper Sersum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/01/2018 20:40 by noibla.

Devonboyy
Devonboyy (IP Logged)
23 January, 2018 13:06
The big problem was probably that Albions game before had been postponed when the pitch was in the same condition. That kind of set a precedent.
Hull and Blaydon were happy to play the other year as the conditions were a leveler and worked in there favour but Loughborough might have felt it worked against them in there fight to stay up.
Reading the NCA rules alot will depend on whether Albion followed the correct procedures in whether they did keep Loughborough informed and the pitch inspected on the Friday like it had been two weeks earlier.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net