rugbyunion
Latest News:

baatalbion
Health and safety of the visiting team?
baatalbion (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 17:47
Game postponed for above reason. I presume this means their travelling down to us. A more detailed explanation would have been appreciated. Another game to rearrange!

MESSAGES->author
Re: Health and safety of the visiting team?
Igwok Dominus (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 17:55
Hardly a surprise

My body is a temple - I desecrate it every day(Sm63)

ralbar
balion (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 13:20
As I understand it they usually travel by train, as the section at Dawlish was closed on Friday they had a problem. Cannot imagine held and safety should be involved.
Obviously I understand I maybe wrong but that is what I heard.
Sorry if I am wrong.

(Sm117)(Sm117)(Sm117)
(Sm128)

MESSAGES->author
Igwok Dominus (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 15:14
Have to consider that players have to get to train station. Conditions considerably worse 'up the line and it's a long way to travel when roads are suspect. And that's before you get to the main roads.

My body is a temple - I desecrate it every day(Sm63)

SimonG19
SimonG19 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 14:16
The following gives more details from the Rosslyn Park perspective
[rosslynpark.co.uk]

baatalbion
baatalbion (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 18:07
Thank you for this info., I didn't realise they had an artificial pitch.

MESSAGES->author
Dewnansek (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 06:59
Hmm. Another 4G team cancellation. I hope this doesn't add to the death of "real grass pitches".

Or.. perhaps.... know that the cancellation was purportedly due to OH&S reasons, but perhaps "staggering red and white hooped supporters" starting a pub crawl at tbe Dolphin puts a new spin on it. Perhaps the cancellation was for the benefit of their poor old fans! It's a long stagger to Brickfields from the Barbican!!

SimonG19
SimonG19 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 14:06
You are both correct in calling it an artificial pitch unlike many others who refer to these as all-weather pitches when they are nothing of the sort. In actual fact you have more chance of playing on a grass pitch in snow as it is possible to sweep the snow off whereas you can't sweep snow from a 3G pitch as you will also remove the essential shock-absorbent rubber crumb.

(For the benefit of anoraks many of these types of pitch are incorrectly called 4G which is incorrect as 4G pitches have synthetic grass without rubber crumb and these are not currently recognised by most sporting authorities. Rosslyn Park's pitch, which they have had for a couple of seasons, is probably best described as an advanced 3G but the marketing folk like to call it 4G).

I can see the logic in Rosslyn Park installing the artificial pitch as they only have room for one pitch on-site and so used to play most of their other teams home games in Richmond Park. Now they can use the pitch almost continuously during the day and host many more games on site (plus let the pitch to other clubs for games and training) with the bar profits benefiting greatly. However artificial will never truly replace grass for me (and for a number of players I know who have suffered more aches and pains from playing on it).

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net