rugbyunion
Latest News:

hills18
Attendances
hills22 (IP Logged)
08 July, 2018 17:25
Just wondering what people think about attendances. Are they good or should we be hoping for more people? Strange one as rugby attendances are never as big as football anyway and Pirates despite being a league up don't necessarily get loads more. 1,000 is now a normal gate for us. Suppose the question is whether we can get more in more often and it's how would it be achieved? Had winning rugby these last two seasons but no significant gate increase.

Writing this though am thinking we did get more in towards the end, ladies days etc so maybe more of this and it could become a norm perhaps.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Attendances
lobina (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 00:33
If we get back to the championship I would expect crowds to increase.

MESSAGES->author
Dewnansek (IP Logged)
09 July, 2018 10:28
I would hope so!!

MESSAGES->author
lobina (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 21:42
I think Pirates average for last season was not much above ours.

MESSAGES->author
noibla (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 20:18
The Pirates average attendance for home games last season was 1374 over the eleven league games.

Semper Sersum.

MESSAGES->author
Dewnansek (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 23:39
....which compares to Albion's average of 1,122 over 15 home games.

MESSAGES->author
Dewnansek (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 00:08
Wikipedia indicates that the Pirate's average crowd last year was 1,520 over 11 home games.

Albion's average was better than 4 Chamionship sides (Ealing, Hartpury, Richmond and Rotherham) and just below Nottingham (1,136) and close to a few others.

MESSAGES->author
noibla (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 15:28
I took my figures from the match reports for the home games off the Pirates official site, but anyway they weren't that good, not a lot of cash from match days. But of course there were also the cup match attendances to add on.

Semper Sersum.

MESSAGES->author
lobina (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 19:46
I think Championship clubs get around £600,000 from the RFU each season, so that must cover a lot of the wages.
What was our average crowd when we were last in that league about 2000?
I know at one time we were up about 2600.

MESSAGES->author
noibla (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 11:15
In the 2014/15 season when we finished in last place, 10 points short of Moseley, we had a home gate of 1714 which was the 6th. best.

Semper Sersum.

MESSAGES->author
lobina (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 10:27
Are smaller crowds the norm now in all leagues other the the Premiership I wonder?

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net