rugbyunion
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
Chairman's Overview of last Season
noibla (IP Logged)
04 August, 2018 13:31
AIRMAN’S OVERVIEW OF LAST SEASON The last 12 months at Plymouth Albion have gone extremely quickly and what an exciting year it’s been. There have been a number of changes both to our facilities, operations and within the off field team. Most businesses have to deal with change in one form or another and Albion are no exception - we are constantly trying to improve in all areas within our control both on and off the pitch.

I have a few thank you’s I’d like to give to some people who have helped us over the last year. Firstly I want to thank Martin Watson, who left us in April. Martin worked with us for over two years and gave us the benefit of his many years of experience in hospitality. He has left us in good form. We now have some excellent wedding packages available which offer exceptional value for money. We are also marketing ourselves as a venue for both small and large conferences and these have increased over the last 12 months. Martin saw the potential in Alex Stone when he first joined us, and she has now stepped up to take over the running of this area and continues to do an excellent job for us.

We are actually going to try something slightly different on Match days within our hospitality areas for the coming season: The Bidfood will be more accessible to a wider audience with a less formal and less expensive Match Day meal offering. The SWComms suite will be our formal dining option, and will be limited to 12 tables of 10 with a premium offering. The YGS will also be available for hire. The VP suite, which had a makeover at the start of last season, meant that at last the VPs had their private bar and dining option within the club house. This proved a well-used and well supported area.

Our supporters bar is still an area we want to improve, and we are currently working on a number of ideas to enhance it whilst at the same time looking at the food available within the ground. The raised platform to the side of the supporter’s marquee offers a few options to enhance the match day experience.

My thanks to go to Lucy Ryland who left in May but handled our PR for most of last year. Lucy was fun to work with and left us with a stronger following and a very clear focus on what great PR looks like.
Finally my thanks to Steve Pooley who also left in May. Steve helped us develop our community and schools links and we will do our best to maximise on these connections as Eoghan Grace takes over responsibility for this area.

If money was no object we could undoubtedly have a wealth of talent and expertise within our business, all the people who have worked with us and helped us, have moved us forward and have all helped put in the bricks of a stable foundation.

We now have a young energetic team running the club and its facilities and I’m very pleased that Max Venables has now taken over as General Manager. His determination and focus has made a real difference and the team he has in place are being led in a structured and accountable way, which is yielding benefits already. He has a number of excellent ideas and an energy to make them happen. I will continue to do my utmost to support him in his role.

A brief overview then of the improvements that we put in place, not all of which, are necessarily visible to our supporters. One modernisation we have worked on is our ticketing system. By monitoring gate numbers we have shown that we’ve had an 8% increase year on year in our audience. We still need to improve vastly on these gate numbers and we are working hard to develop our Match Day offering in order to attract a wider audience.

Our community programme has generated a bigger audience for us and we’ve welcomed the Super Saturdays and the ongoing involvement and support of Babcocks. It’s been fantastic to see all the kids and the families here and the atmosphere has been very special - well done everyone involved in this. We plan to build on all of this to help in our quest to make a profitable and stable club. We have so many fantastic sponsors who continue to support us and without them and without you our loyal supporters we could not exist, so the biggest thank you goes to all of you!!

Here’s to a fun and successful 2018/2019 season #albialbialbi Ali Hannaford Chairman
NEWSLETTER AUGUST

Semper Sersum.

Martin Musgrave
Re: Chairman's Overview of last Season
Martin Musgrave (IP Logged)
05 August, 2018 07:44
If anybody reading the seconhand extracts from the Fan Zone Newsletter would like to receive the Newsletter in full and read it all first hand. Contact Albionfanzone@gmail.com or ring 07837 530869 for more information.

MESSAGES->author
Dewnansek (IP Logged)
05 August, 2018 12:39
Noibla ... given the response above .... are you in trouble? (Sm26)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2018 12:41 by Dewnansek.

MESSAGES->author
noibla (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 19:24
Hi Dewansek,

No not at all, I suspect that this post is an invitation to the readers of this site to join and enrol as a member of the Fan Zone newsletter as a result of a prompt perhaps in order to have access to a monthly newsletter incorporating other groups news, such as Albi Travel, 200 Club, F.A.B. group and the more recent D.S.G. group, (The Disabled Supporters Group) along with Diary dates, a Travellers Tales section, and maybe an Albion Newsletter such as I copied and pasted recently on the unofficial site and the full fixture list for both the Ladies and Men’s teams for this season.

An excellent idea of course but one that in my mind shouldn’t be restricted to only those who are signed up members of the Fan Zone rather than being open to all the clubs supporters.

That said, I’m unable to get my head around the decision to isolate themselves from this site which is run by “sportnetwork” covering all sports from greyhound racing to water polo etc., into something that is for a select audience when I feel that any information about Albion should be freely for the consumption of all those interested and perhaps more importantly to be able to discuss online which is why I try to copy and paste items of interest onto this site despite us being accused of being just a copy and paste site and of no consequence in the opinion of certain posters.

And this is in my opinion the root cause of the many critical posts from “unknown” aliases suggesting that the site should be closed down leaving many supporters with a take it or leave it option regarding club news without the opportunity to voice an opinion.

These posts it would appear have some connection by way of similar or identical I.P. addresses along with a variety of user names which might suggest a desire to try and negate this site which enables our readers to discuss and debate anything regarding Albion, good bad or ugly, within the “sportnetwork” regulations, which is why it was started by Frank Stormont, who sadly passed away in 2012, some five years earlier in 2006, rather than the club supporters having no chance to say anything on all things Albion.

Tim Mitchell. (noibla)

Semper Sersum.

Cynical Sid
Cynical Sid (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 22:02
Yep it's me again. I promised myself I wouldn't post again (I can hear you all saying I wish he would "go away") but reading the comments above I felt I just had to comment. I am very concerned that some posters sem to have access to IP adresses and actively compare them with people who post. I appreciate that moderators may have such access but would only expect them to check them in exceptional circumstances, not as a matter of course as seems is happening. Could this be against the data protection act I wonder? I think you might also find that IP adresses are often shared, especially on mobile phones.
It also surprises me how precious people are about this site and are upset at any criticism of it, or threat from competition like The Fanzone, which let's face it is much more informative and as a result not in competition!
I don't expect this post will last long and fully expect it to be taken down because it is critical.

plymtonalbion
plymtonalbion (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 22:11
I think Martin's post is an invitation to all to receive information about PARFC and let's face it information from the club is sparse to say the least.

At the end of the day we all should be supporting Plymouth Albion and getting behind the team.

ianbol
ianbol (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 07:09
I'm sure you are right, plymptonalbion, and it is a most excellent read, well researched and thoughtfully put together. Martin has gived his contact details above so that any Albion fan can ask to receive it.

Regarding the subsequently raised issue, I have for some time now totally disregarded personal attacks on fans made by some folks hiding behind the anonimity of unregistered alias' [probably just the 1 or 2 using different unregistered names so he can back himself up by using another name].

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2018 07:15 by ianbol.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net