rugbyunion
Latest News:

baatalbion
Performance against Ampthill
baatalbion (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 06:57
Had to dig very deep for the win! A stuttering performance but the awful weather played it's part as did a determined opposition. I can't remember giving away so many penalties in a game and that certainly put us under a lot of pressure, giving away good attacking positions and then creating pressure for us at the wrong end of the field. The squad showed massive heart in defence at times and I'm sure there's a lot more to come from them as they grow together.

King Albion
Re: Performance against Ampthill
King Albion (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 07:45
Completely agree, they played much better as a team but THAT penalty count. Wow! How ampthill only left with five points i will never know! Well done though boys. Oneards!!

MESSAGES->author
lobina (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 09:24
Sounds like a pretty dour game played in bad conditions.Still a win is a win.
How did the pitch hold out?

ralph barkham
ralph barkham (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 09:46
pitch held up very well. Albions defence was superb, I think at times they must have thought lets go home, seem to be playing against 18 men out there. The referee obviously could only see one colour, well done lads.
(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

(Sm128)

anonexpert
anonexpert (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 10:16
As a non expert and based on previous games, I thought we were deserving of the victory. I'd even go further and say a five point victory would not have been unjust. Sure, we effortlessly gave away possession and a frightening amount of penalties but the flow, when possible, began to show. With gusting rain throughout, the pitch was not condusive to gambles but we tried some, the ball must have been like soap, but let's big up the team's spirit and determination when down to 13 at not caving in. The win should boost their confidence.
Better than Chinnor, better than the mess at Esher, We ALL know that morally we beat Blackheath despite the printed score, Ampthill are no mugs, so let's GO. (Try of the game? The referees for our visitors). As I say, I am a non expert.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 23/09/2018 12:26 by anonexpert.

Commando joe
Commando joe (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 11:15
Great effort against a good side with a handful of very senior experienced players.
Defence all round excellent. Downside the penalty count.

MESSAGES->author
lobina (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 14:49
I'm really looking forward to the next home game when I shall be home from my travels, having missed the last two home games.

ianbol
ianbol (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 18:47
Ahhh, the heavy cost of autumn holidays.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net