rugbyunion
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
What is going wrong (on the pitch) this season?
Dewnansek (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 12:21
This season started (for me anyway) with high hopes of a promotion - or at least fighting for it. After all, we finished 2nd and 3rd the last two seasons.

However, we currently find ourselves languishing well down the table - nearer the elevator down button than the up button.

We seem to be competitive in almost all matches, but (obviously) aren't winning that many.
We often get ahead after a couple of early tries, only to have the opposition come back and edge us out.

My question is "why?". What has changed?

The squad has many of the same players as last season. I know there have been injuries, with Hallet having to take the field last weekend - but injuries happen every year.

Here's a chance for us "expert commentators" to have our say on how to right the wrongs. Perfect forum topic!!

MESSAGES->author
Re: What is going wrong (on the pitch) this season?
lobina (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 12:59
We really do seem to struggle towards the end of games, wether this is down to fitness or lack of suitable replacements I don't know.
Most teams who visit us seem to have better game plans then we do, when was the last time we saw a move and thought that was straight from the training ground.

Samc170
Samc170 (IP Logged)
28 November, 2018 14:55
I feel that we cannot control a game and build any real pressure, it seems like we are lacking leadership on the field and struggle to put 3+ phases together.

MESSAGES->author
Igwok Dominus (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 06:10
A lack of experience in the squad and an extensive injury list I feel are the main issues.

Others suggest inconsistenty in the team selection due the availabilty of (or lack of) dual registered players.

Set plays, in particular lineouts, are a mess (too complicated?) and I feel we lack backs that can make decent penetrating runs.

One more frustration are the goal line tactics - little variation makes it relatively easy to defend. One thing I would like to see is a maul developed from a ruck.

Finally, he squad needs to vary their drinks - too much whisky.

My body is a temple - I desecrate it every day(Sm63)

MESSAGES->author
lobina (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 09:36
Is there such a thing as to much whisky?

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net