rugbyunion
Latest News:

baatalbion
Unconfirmed team announcements
baatalbion (IP Logged)
08 March, 2019 05:24
I'm a bit confused as to why the team was announced yesterday (Thursday) for the game against Darlington when, clearly, there were still decisions to be made regarding fitness and availability of some players. Connor Eastgate appears doubtful and Rus Tuima cannot possibly be playing as he starts for the England U20 on Friday night (I'm hoping I've got that right!)

I'd rather the club wait until they were absolutely sure of the team selection before they publish it.

I realise that they have to let the printers know for the programme information but I'd rather see a delayed announcement on the website rather than an inaccurate one. I understand that there are, sometimes, unavoidable changes due to illness or unforeseen circumstances which will force late changes to be made. I'd be quite happy to see the team announced on Friday if there were still decisions to be made.

This is not a criticism of anybody, simply a question about timing.Here's to a cracking game on Saturday!

MESSAGES->author
Re: Unconfirmed team announcements
A Nomad (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 14:07
Those of us who travel realise this is a problem throughout the league. There are frequent changes to the teams and on occasions the appointed officials are also different to that in the programme. This is compounded at some matches as there is no public address system or if there is it is too feeble to be heard. So spectators remain in the dark until you read accounts of the game in the press a day or two later, three sometimes with our local 'paper.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net