rugbyunion
Latest News:

baatalbion
Darlington: What a performance!
baatalbion (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 07:58
The first half, in particular, was fantastic. What a performance! It certainly sets the team up for the final games of the season. Great commitment and accuracy against very good opposition. Well done all.

stonehousealbion
Re: Darlington: What a performance!
stonehousealbion (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 08:50
As posted elsewhere:

"More WTF results from the topsy-turvy league that is Nat 1 this season.

Except in the case of 8th v 7th at Brickfields yesterday, it ended turvy-topsy. 10 mins in, it looked like flying down to Exeter on Friday was the master-stroke for the fresh as daisies visitors. A point a minute in their favour and even the home die-hards were starting to ponder another Ampthill/Stortford shellacking.

Instead they were rewarded with what was probably our finest technical game of this campaign to date. Whether you actually get champagne rugby at Level 3 is a moot point, but this was top quality south-west methode champenoise. It just all came together in spite of the odd sour note of after taste and an occasional excess of effervescence. Competing against robust, well seasoned north-eastern cuisine, the local liquor prevailed in style.

With scant regard for the scoreboard Albion set to work, revealing some well prepared/executed moves and a scintillating repertoire of variations to keep the oppo guessing. (I believe we actually took the lead a man down - smells like team spirit!) By the end of the first half, DMP (who are no slouches) were rocking on their heels. For once, our on-field game management was spot on. Smelling blood, the Janners elected to play to their strengths. The right calls were made on kicking to the corner and a scrum was preferred to another penalty. 28(4T) -10, was the turnaround scoreline if my memory is right.

The second half was less polished as energy levels diminished. The home body count was considerable, DMP wouldn't roll over and it all got a bit too feisty at times. We couldn't really get enough clear water and we had to recall subbed players who had already put in massive shifts. The major downer of the afternoon was shipping the fourth try at the death, so DMP remain above us in the table.

The gate was a little down (just shy of 800); other local fixtures must have creamed off a few and the inevitable social clashes claimed some of the faithful who will have wept into their beer. If you stayed in to watch 6N on the telly, then it serves you bleddy right!"

Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!

MESSAGES->author
BALION PREDATOR (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 09:14
AWESOME ME ANSOMES

(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

(Sm72)

Plymouth Bred , Plymouth Born .

C'mon Albiiioooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2019 09:15 by BALION PREDATOR.

MESSAGES->author
lobina (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 12:31
A good and exciting game, probably the most complete game of rugby this season helped in no small measure by the battling approach of DMP. Well done to both sides.

MESSAGES->author
corporalcarrot (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 20:35
As a rare visitor from Jersey on the way to Penzance I thoroughly enjoyed the match. The gulf between N1 and the Championship is huge and its down to forwards & defence. There was probably more tries than dominant tackles on Saturday! The match was great however and I could watch that every week - two teams really pushing the envelop but lacking real structure. Beer & banter was as good as I remember it and although it would be brilliant to have your lads back in the same league as Jersey I would be just as happy if it turns out to be in either league. Great game in Penzance by the way which Jersey won 7-8 with a Cornish lad kicking the winning points for Jersey. Good to see Martin & the lads again - can we not have an annual pre-season match pending reunion in the same league?

Don't kick it pick it up and GO FORWARD

MESSAGES->author
noibla (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 09:27
Lovely to see that you made it to Brickfields cc. Sorry that I missed you, perhaps another day !!!! Trust you and family are keeping well.

Semper Sersum.

MESSAGES->author
lobina (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 11:46
A friendly against Jersey would be a good idea, I for one would turn up home or away.

MESSAGES->author
Dewnansek (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 09:58
A freindly against Jersey would be great. If things go well I can see this as happening.

If we don't do well for the remainder of 2018/19, we might be looking at freindly opportunties against Guernsey, rather than Championship teams like Jersey

Actually, I hope both channel island teams go well (and Alderney)

MESSAGES->author
Dewnansek (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 22:52
The match reports are below

First, Albion's

[www.plymouthalbion.com]

There also some match pics on the offy ste, as usual

Secondly, DMP's

[www.mowdenpark.com]

This link has their match report AND some video of the tries.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net