rugbyunion
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
Breaks
lobina (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 10:35
Why do we have to have all these blank weekends, it really seems to disrupt the season and must effect the attendances.

baatalbion
Re: Breaks
baatalbion (IP Logged)
18 March, 2019 16:48
You're right to some degree but do you remember last season when we needed these catch -up weekends. I think, at our level, they are a necessity so that the season doesn't run over like it did last year. I expect, too, that some of the players will welcome the break, giving them a chance to re-group and refresh before the final run-in to the end of the season.

Twitter Monkey
Twitter Monkey (IP Logged)
19 March, 2019 07:49
Exactly what baatalbion said.

The boys do appreciate a week off from time to time, it very easy for Premiership and Championship clubs to rotate the squad, but at National 1 its difficult to maintain the squad sizes to achieve this.

Last Seasons breaks were enforced due to weather and Loughborough being "wet", these weeks are not like a proper week off, as the players still train and prepare for the match regardless.

Breaks in the season allow the players to recover from knocks, bumps and bruises. They do not break altogether though. Quite often they will meet up for individual and team gym sessions.

Who is making the trip to Rosslyn Park this weekend? We need to bring the noise!!

MESSAGES->author
A Nomad (IP Logged)
19 March, 2019 11:44
Although Albion have not had to re-schedule any matches, yet, this season, there have been matches played on most 'blank' Saturdays. The next blank is Easter Saturday. Only European knock out games are due to be staged over that weekend.

MESSAGES->author
Igwok Dominus (IP Logged)
20 March, 2019 08:11
Agree that the blanks enable catch up games to take place.

Something the RFU should be given credit for (by design or a accident) is that they coincide with the 6 Nations, thereby minimising the impact of reduced gates

My body is a temple - I desecrate it every day(Sm63)

Your Name: 
Subject: 
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net