rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs finish Prem Cup run top of group.... Next up it's Brizz at Ashton Gate. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

thechiefstribe.com
Nah, we were rubbish
thechiefstribe.com (IP Logged)
27 September, 2009 21:38
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Nah, we were rubbish
clalan (IP Logged)
28 September, 2009 06:35
I seems to be the Bristol view of their team, using this part of league to develop and improve.
Full of atmosphere in East terrace north, didn't hear the booing tho (shame on them).

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
28 September, 2009 09:49
The above reflects my view almost perfectly (careful! it's a dangerous thing to be in concord with Geronimo!)

adamwhite Burnthouse Lane Chief
28 September, 2009 11:53
Hi guys,

Its been a while since I posted so that usually means I have something to say so here it comes.

Firstly I understand the need for rotation keeping people match fit etc, but after watching saturdays game I would say that it should not be whole sale week in week out. Rotate the forwards by all means but unless people are injured then leave the backs alone.

Second, The club talked a lot about focussing on themselves game plan etc but whenever it comes to a derby that goes out the window and we get succered into a game that the ball would have more air miles than a travelling businessman if it were possible. Although like most people I will always be happy with the result this time I left the ground feeling a little hollow.

MESSAGES->author
minuteman (IP Logged)
28 September, 2009 13:00
Good Post Moorsman,
i certainly feel that the coaches are being streetwise in their selections week in - out, Sats game wasn't the strongest side we could have fielded but we got a win and gave fringe players some game time and the coaches would have looked at combinations of players too.
I think that next week you will see our strongest XV at Bris, and i'll bet that you'll more or less (bar injury) see them for Bedford and Pirates too.
The way the league now works, it gives teams the opportunity to rest players ,which if like last season where each game was a must win ,puts a strain on squad resources when your key players are injured.
The view from most i spoke with was Albion had 2 lucky(but well taken tries) which came from our mistakes, and even though we didn't look like we performed well, we still won the match.
I'll add to the debate on kicking too, if the idea is to put the reciever under pressure, aren't we supposed then to challenge in the air, Foster from Gloucester i thought was poor in this area and wasn't at the races for my money.
I did think that Emyr Lewis is Looking VFM, always happy to run at and ask questions of a defence.
I know that when our best XV are on the park, we've got the beating of anyone, i hope that they're all fit for this weekends showdown.
I'm sure that with a good win under our belts, attendances will pick up.
C'mon Exe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net