rugbyunion
Latest News:

....... Chiefs lose in Bayonne..... Next up it's Cannacht at Sandy Park...... the fun continues .......

Contributions etc. to - thechiefstribe@gmail.com Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

loadofeathers
Re: Worcester Away
loadofeathers (IP Logged)
12 January, 2012 17:08
2 more Block F Row U 175-176

chieftain
Chieftain (IP Logged)
13 January, 2012 13:31
5 of us from Broadclyst in East (Slick) Stand Block C row P (which i think is the 16th row from the Pitch) seats 68-72.

Would love more of the tribe to join us and give the Wus fans a run for their money!(Sm152)

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman (IP Logged)
26 January, 2012 20:10
yer tiz

MESSAGES->author
Sioux Chief (IP Logged)
26 January, 2012 20:23
Thanks Moorsman...heap big helpthumbs down

To sit with Elders of the Gentle race, this world has seldom seen.......

OggyMan
OggyMan (IP Logged)
26 January, 2012 21:36
Already over 60 known to be in Block F and spilling into G . Keep joining . We will need a big raiding party, especially if they are party-poopers like Gloucester and ban the drums

Chiefsexile
Chiefsexile (IP Logged)
27 January, 2012 06:12
5 here for Block B (booked before you guys all took to Block F).

Wuss crowd are mostly a dull bunch and I'm not sure they will take to the "colour" that a Chiefs visit will bring. Been to Sixways for 3 or 4 games and never really sensed a great atmosphere.

MESSAGES->author
Sioux Chief (IP Logged)
27 January, 2012 08:47
I believe the Club have been sent tickets for Block G in the East, Block F sold out? Tried booking on Wuss site and it does not allow you to pick where you want to sit in a specific Block. Going to ring the Ticket office today and see what I can get. The Travelling Tribe will certainly add some colour.....and atmosphere.....and noise to wake up the Wuss lot even if they do ban the drums(poor show if they do).

gold blue army
gold blue army (IP Logged)
27 January, 2012 14:03
Quote:
OggyMan
We will need a big raiding party, especially if they are party-poopers like Gloucester and ban the drums

Quote:
Sioux Chief
The Travelling Tribe will certainly add some colour.....and atmosphere.....and noise to wake up the Wuss lot even if they do ban the drums(poor show if they do).

Quote:
Cheifsexile
Wuss crowd are mostly a dull bunch and I'm not sure they will take to the "colour" that a Chiefs visit will bring. Been to Sixways for 3 or 4 games and never really sensed a great atmosphere.

I remember when we used to play you in the old Division 1, always were cracking matches and I remember us reguarly bringing large numbers to you and reguarly outsinging you too (Sm100).

As for us being a dull bunch.... not really sure how/why you've come to that conclusion as we are definitely some of the the more vocal supporters of the league (although that's not exactly difficult). If you'd been at Sixways for our derby vs Gloucester you wouldn't have said we were dull then. On my recent visit to Sandy Park when we played you the place was hardly rocking, I'd even go as far as saying Bath fans were louder! (Sm100)

Sounds like you're bringing a fair few numbers up to the right end of the M5 though so it should be a good battle both on and off the pitch

Oh.... and don't bring a drum, use your voices to create a good atmosphere, drums are awful/not needed.... (don't think you'll be allowed it in anyway (hopefully))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/01/2012 14:05 by gold blue army.

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
27 January, 2012 14:35
I must admit when Wuss visited this season, it was probably the worst atmosphere I have seen since moving to SP, more of a wake than a match.

MESSAGES->author
Sioux Chief (IP Logged)
27 January, 2012 16:37
Quote:
clalan
I must admit when Wuss visited this season, it was probably the worst atmosphere I have seen since moving to SP, more of a wake than a match.

I have to agree Clalan, the atmosphere was a bit strange that day. Not like a normal game was it? Not sure why myself.

MESSAGES->author
Sioux Chief (IP Logged)
27 January, 2012 16:48
(Sm151)If you'd been at Sixways for our derby vs Gloucester you wouldn't have said we were dull then. On my recent visit to Sandy Park when we played you the place was hardly rocking, I'd even go as far as saying Bath fans were louder! (Sm100)
I watched it on TV and it was a cracking game and you deserved your win but the Atmosphere didn't come across as that good but in fairness it rarely does.

Sounds like you're bringing a fair few numbers up to the right end of the M5 though so it should be a good battle both on and off the pitch
We are, I got mine and the lads today, Block G East Stand. looking forward to it.

Oh.... and don't bring a drum, use your voices to create a good atmosphere, drums are awful/not needed.... (don't think you'll be allowed it in anyway (hopefully))[/quote]
With or without drums, you'll know we are there(Sm151)
Oh and Bath............please!

gold blue army
gold blue army (IP Logged)
27 January, 2012 17:18
Quote:
Sioux Cheif
I watched it on TV and it was a cracking game and you deserved your win but the Atmosphere didn't come across as that good but in fairness it rarely does.

Completely agree, and I'm really not sure why. I've been to both rugby & football matches on the same weekend Both had similar attendances and the rugby match had a much, much better atmosphere and was louder etc. However when I have watched both games again on TV, the atmosphere on the football seemed a lot louder than that of the rugby, and it definitely was not. The only reason I can think as to why it may happen, is that in football much much more so than rugby, there is a single stand at most grounds that produce the atmosphere (The Kop etc). In rugby, other than the Shed this doesn't happen and the sound produced is generally spread throughout the ground, which then makes it come across as quieter as it's more spread out.... I dunno!

Anyway.... Sixways can be very loud! And hopefully it is for your visit.

MESSAGES->author
Sioux Chief (IP Logged)
27 January, 2012 17:29
Anyway.... Sixways can be very loud! And hopefully it is for your visit.[/quote]

We are bringing a few noisey Injuns (that will need lubrication as well(Sm63))so it WILL be noisey. Let's hope it's a good game.
I have been on your forum to ask a question, maybe you can go on and answer it for me?
Regards

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
27 January, 2012 19:25
So it seems that Worcester and Glaws have formed their own noise abatement group at the wrong end of the M5 ( no drums).

Ahh well, beat box drumming at Sixways too then!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/01/2012 19:33 by Toomanychiefs.

OggyMan
OggyMan (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 21:58
No drums at the Saxons game , but the chop rang out loud and clear. Just need to ensure that we have a large Tribe gathering around Blocks F and G.This will be a good game to win.

MESSAGES->author
Sioux Chief (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 18:11
Quote:
OggyMan
No drums at the Saxons game , but the chop rang out loud and clear. Just need to ensure that we have a large Tribe gathering around Blocks F and G.This will be a good game to win.
According to some of the fans I have spoke to on their forum there is something in the ground regulations about it. They did say to ring the club for confirmation on this.
They are aware we are bringing a fair sized Raiding Party to make lots of noise(Sm151)(Sm122)

Booked mine and Billy's tickets saturday, East Stand, Block G.(Sm152)(Sm60)

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 19:42
At football matches they have microphones turned towards the crowd specifically to amplify the atmosphere. As far as I am away this doesn't happen at club rugby at England, which is a shame because certain games can have a great atmosphere. Saying that when a rugby atmosphere is poor it is VERY VERY poor.... The noise levels at Adams Park, The Rec or Vicarage Road are similar to that of a library.

Some VERY naive/arrogant posts regarding Worcester fans noise levels. The loudest in the league when we're playing well, and even when we're not the noise isn't bad. We know all about travelling in numbers too... took 6,000 to Saracens, and 2,000 to Leeds in our relegation year and in our first 2 seasons in the prem Id say we rarely took below 600 to any away game. Our away support has dropped off quite a bit this year and i'm not really sure why.

Should be good though, glad you're bringing good numbers. Not enough teams do.

Chiefsexile
Chiefsexile (IP Logged)
01 February, 2012 09:55
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
At football matches they have microphones turned towards the crowd specifically to amplify the atmosphere. As far as I am away this doesn't happen at club rugby at England, which is a shame because certain games can have a great atmosphere. Saying that when a rugby atmosphere is poor it is VERY VERY poor.... The noise levels at Adams Park, The Rec or Vicarage Road are similar to that of a library.
Some VERY naive/arrogant posts regarding Worcester fans noise levels. The loudest in the league when we're playing well, and even when we're not the noise isn't bad. We know all about travelling in numbers too... took 6,000 to Saracens, and 2,000 to Leeds in our relegation year and in our first 2 seasons in the prem Id say we rarely took below 600 to any away game. Our away support has dropped off quite a bit this year and i'm not really sure why.

Should be good though, glad you're bringing good numbers. Not enough teams do.

Can only speak from experience mate. I'm an Exe-ile that lives near Sixways and I can only say that I have not experienced a cauldron at Sixways. In your defence I will say that I've never been to a match that Wuss have won so I guess I didn't get the sing when you're winning experience winking smiley.

I agree that it was a strange atmosphere with Wuss at Sandy Park, maybe it was a case of the new kids meeting each other for the first time in strange circumstances?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2012 09:59 by Chiefsexile.

MESSAGES->author
Boldeagle (IP Logged)
06 February, 2012 19:19
2 More here in the East Stand Block E Row B seats 138-139.Are we anywhere near the raiding party?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2012 19:08 by Boldeagle.

Heavitree Chief
Heavitree Chief (IP Logged)
07 February, 2012 17:02
Quote:
Boldeagle
2 More here in the East Stand Block E Row B.Are we anywhere near the raiding party?

One block nearer to the halfway line, depends what your seat numbers are really.

3 of us in Block E Row W 140-142.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net