Latest News:

........Chiefs look to keep their top 6/7th place on track v Sale this weekend........next up it's away to Warriors .....the fun continues .......

Contributions etc. to - thechiefstribe@gmail.com Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The run in
Posted by: clalan (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2012 17:54

Been on the quins board and Quin Like Flint has done a prediction of the run in (hope you don't mind me repeating it QlF).
Just wondered what the wise member of this site thought.

As it stands:
==============================
Team P W D L BP PTS
1 Harlequins 15 13 0 2 3 55
2 Saracens 15 11 1 3 3 49
3 Northampton 15 9 0 6 5 41
4 Leicester 15 8 1 6 6 40
5 Exeter 15 8 0 7 7 39
6 Gloucester 15 7 1 7 7 37
==============================

Top 6 Remaining Fixtures (predicted points)

Worcester v Saracens (1/4)
Exeter v Bath (4/1)
Gloucester v Harlequins (4/1)
Leicester v Newcastle (4/1)
London Irish v Northampton (4/1)

Newcastle v Harlequins (1/4)
Exeter v Sale (4/1)
Leicester v Gloucester (4/1)
Saracens v Northampton (4/1)

Sale v Saracens (4/1)
Gloucester v Exeter (4/0)
Harlequins v Bath (4/0)
Northampton v Wasps (5/0)
London Irish v Leicester (4/0)

Bath v Northampton (1/4)
Exeter v London Irish (4/1)
Leicester v Worcester (4/0)
Saracens v Harlequins (4/1)
Wasps v Gloucester (0/4)

Gloucester v Newcastle (5/0)
Harlequins v Wasps (5/0)
London Irish v Saracens (0/4)
Northampton v Leicester (4/1)
Worcester v Exeter (4/1)

Newcastle v Saracens (1/4)
Gloucester v Sale (4/0)
Harlequins v Leicester (4/0)
Exeter v Northampton (1/4)

Leicester v Bath (4/0)
London Irish v Gloucester (4/1)
Northampton v Worcester (4/0)
Sale v Harlequins (1/4)
Saracens v Exeter (4/0)

Predicted final table:
===============================
Team P W D L BP PTS
1 Harlequins 22 18 0 4 6 78
2 Saracens 22 17 1 4 4 74
3 Northampton 22 14 0 8 8 62
4 Gloucester 22 12 1 9 10 60
5 Leicester 22 12 1 9 7 57
6 Exeter 22 11 0 11 9 53

Think we may pick up more losing bonus points and win at Wuss, but what do I know.

Re: The run in
Posted by: Shouts loudly in rain (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2012 17:59

Agree Clalan see us winning at wuss and lbp at sarries and glaws

Posted by: Quin Like Flint (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2012 18:12

Probably more than me Shouts Loudly (Sm14). Have fun with it, but don't think of me too harshly if you "disagree". Remember : I'm extremely poor at predicting anything, so it is more a starting point for discussion, and most importantly (the bit Clalan omitted from my original) - it's just a bit of fun (Sm14).

Good luck for the rest of the season, and may Exe exceed all our predictions.

Posted by: fatheralice (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2012 18:50

Similar predictions for me, but with a win at Worc, so 57pts, plus maybe another LBP or two. The game against Glaws could swing it for us as to top 4 or not.

The last couple of fixtures could be very different, if teams are resting players / pushing for top 2/4, so hard to predict those yet.

For my money, Sarries to top the table, followed by Quins, with the next 4 seperated by no more than 4-5 points.

1) Sarries 72
2) Quins 65

3-6) Chiefs 57-59
3-6) Glaws 58
3-6) Saints 54-59
3-6) Tigers 56-60

Lets beat Bath first, before worrying about anything else, it is easy for these Quins fans to look so far ahead - they are mathematically safe from relegation!(Sm105)(Sm152)

Posted by: Heavichief (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2012 21:09

Impressive effort by QLF! Id be more than happy to take a top 6 finish, and if we could swing just a couple of those LBPs to wins...

Posted by: CullyChief (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2012 22:40

I think we're capable of beating Northampton at home.

Posted by: ChiefBottleWasher (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2012 06:50

to increase chances of top 6 this weekend on the basis of keeping the chasing pack down we want Saints to Beat Irish and Harlequins to beat Gloucester.

However to get Top 4 we would want the reverse.

Ideally Wasps would beat Sale, but I can't see it.

Posted by: boston chief (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2012 12:33

Ive got us down for 4 home wins and 1 away LBP which would give us 56. Im hoping for more and keeping my fingers crossed but hey, if it doesnt happen weve still had one hell of a season. Whod have thought wed be having this kind of discussion in only our second season and with 7 games to go! We still need to remain confident but not get carried away with the hype. Also as fans we have a duty to be magnanimous and humble, not getting carried away with our current lofty position.

Posted by: brent (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2012 18:48

this season X have shown even greater desire and commitment than previously and thats saying something...it has come at a price though...with more injuries and more serious injuries - as a result of which notwithstanding the amazing effort from the players we have rode our luck a little bit in the last 2 fixtures. There is a good chance that this bubble will burst at some point...so i`m kind of saying if we can avoid further serious injuries and get 1 or 2 of the key players back soon then we are odds on top6 if not we may slide to 7th/8th.

whatever happens - amazing season and certainly thus far the progress RB so wisely targeted has been largely achieved.

Posted by: TAKODA (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2012 23:23

7th would do, progression over last year's finish, anything else a bonus. Great to be where we are at the moment, but some tough games to come, and not a lot separating the middle of the table. The players also seem to want it even more this year, as long as they remain grounded and focused we could have something to really celebrate come May.

Posted by: Sioux Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 18:26

It is going to be tough for ths lads to get top 4 but the fact it is being mentioned has to be encouraging. However, In reality to finish 6th would be fantastic. I would be happy with 7th or 8th to be honest. Consolidating our place in the league has been achieved IMO. The money from qualifying for the Hienekin would be very welcome but are we ready for it yet?

To sit with Elders of the Gentle race, this world has seldom seen.......

Posted by: etnchief (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 18:38

one game at a time folks every week there is a result you wont predict, thats why is the hardest league in the world to stay in & if you listened to some pundits X was not going to win a game.

Posted by: Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 18:58

I dont understand about being `ready` for the Heinekin cup.
As i see it its a win win situation.Its an oppertunity to test yourself against the best in Europe.
If you dont qualify for the knockout stage ,you still have a fair chance of dropping down to the ko stage of the Amlin.
Plus enhanced money for qualifying in the first place.

Anyway,one game at a time

Posted by: ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2012 11:47

Toomanychiefs: Precisely. Qualifying for the Heineken would be our biggest achievement yet and as I've said before if we get a serious reality check in it the cathedral won't fall into a sinkhole. Right now we're on course for it so full steam ahead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2012 13:49 by ExTeddChief.

Posted by: Little Plums (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2012 13:42

I agree with Toomanychiefs and would like to add that the best gauge of whether we're "ready" for it will be our league position in this campaign. If we finish in the top 6 after a sustained effort over an entire season, then we've earned our place at the top table. If we don't, we're not ready to step up to the next level. Simple as.

We've already proved that we can beat some of the teams who have competed in the Heineken Cup. Bring it on I say: More experience for the lads against a different quality of player, more revenue for qualifying, bigger gates (hopefully), higher bar and food outlet takings, different away day jollies for us supporters, and more visitors to Sandy Park disappointed that the Chiefs turned over their side, but leaving with a glow that they had a great time!

Just 6 fixtures standing in our way to another milestone.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2012 13:46 by Little Plums.

Posted by: black_otter (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2012 17:39

Don't forget that if Barf win the LV= Cup, there is a strong chance that without an English winner of either European competition, then it will only be top 5 that qualify for the Heino, plus the LV= winner

Posted by: Weegie Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 07 March, 2012 13:42

Initial predictions amended with actual results (this was rushed so correct me if I'm wrong)!....

Top 6 Remaining Fixtures (predicted points)

Worcester v Saracens (1/4)---(4/1)
Exeter v Bath (4/1)---(1/4)
Gloucester v Harlequins (4/1)---(4/1)
Leicester v Newcastle (4/1)---(5/0)
London Irish v Northampton (4/1)---(0/5)

Newcastle v Harlequins (1/4)---(2/2)
Exeter v Sale (4/1)---(5/0)
Leicester v Gloucester (4/1)---(5/0)
Saracens v Northampton (4/1)---(4/1)

Sale v Saracens (4/1)
Gloucester v Exeter (4/0)
Harlequins v Bath (4/0)
Northampton v Wasps (5/0)
London Irish v Leicester (4/0)

Bath v Northampton (1/4)
Exeter v London Irish (4/1)
Leicester v Worcester (4/0)
Saracens v Harlequins (4/1)
Wasps v Gloucester (0/4)

Gloucester v Newcastle (5/0)
Harlequins v Wasps (5/0)
London Irish v Saracens (0/4)
Northampton v Leicester (4/1)
Worcester v Exeter (4/1)

Newcastle v Saracens (1/4)
Gloucester v Sale (4/0)
Harlequins v Leicester (4/0)
Exeter v Northampton (1/4)

Leicester v Bath (4/0)
London Irish v Gloucester (4/1)
Northampton v Worcester (4/0)
Sale v Harlequins (1/4)
Saracens v Exeter (4/0)

Original Prediction Table
Team P W D L BP PTS
1 Harlequins 22 18 0 4 6 78
2 Saracens 22 17 1 4 4 74
3 Northampton 22 14 0 8 8 64
4 Gloucester 22 12 1 9 10 60
5 Leicester 22 12 1 9 7 57
6 Exeter 22 11 0 11 9 53

Updated Prediction final table:
Team P W D L BP PTS
1 Harlequins 22 17 1 4 6 76
2 Saracens 22 16 1 5 5 71
3 Northampton 22 15 0 7 9 69
4 Gloucester 22 12 1 9 9 59
5 Leicester 22 12 1 9 9 59
6 Exeter 22 10 0 12 11 51

Posted by: Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 07 March, 2012 16:05

I would`nt worry about where we finish as we are gonna win the Amlin!

Posted by: brent (IP Logged)
Date: 07 March, 2012 19:23

updated table shows difficulty of predictions only 2 of 9 matches were guessed correctly

gloucester have a comparatively easy run in...my best guess is Exeter will be 6th....bad luck to barf in the cup !!

Posted by: ChiefBottleWasher (IP Logged)
Date: 07 March, 2012 23:23

2 out of 9 Exact but 5 out of 9 correct winner, Draws are rarely expected or predicted.

I think Sale are still a threat so hard to exclude them.

Just Hope Exe can do to GLoucester What Tigers did, I definitely see tigers getting 2 more wins than the above , Exe have to do the same to be in with a chance.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net