rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs win for the 1st time at Franklins Gardens and go 2nd in AP ...... Next up it's Wasps at Sandy Park .... the fun continues .......

Contributions etc. to - thechiefstribe@gmail.com Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
MESSAGES->author
What price in 2012/13?
Moorsman (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 12:18
The Nacho debate raised some interesting questions re allocation of RB's budget. I have no doubt this will be resolved in the best interest of the club and TR has already stated Rob will have access to a salary figure close to the cap.

I hope TR and the Board are not going to ask us to dig deaper into our pockets. We took a major hike in prices in the first season and many, myself included, were OK with this to assist our bid for further seasons in the Prem. I was a little dissapointed there was a further small increase last season. This has shown a great deal of loyalty from many Chiefs supporters and I think it's about time this was recognised. Even if the face price of tickets is to undergo an increase, no matter how samll I would like to see a reduction in season ticket prices to reward the 'faithful' for digging deap in such difficult financial times.

What do you think?

MESSAGES->author
Re: What price in 2012/13?
Big Bob (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 12:30
My salary has been frozen for two years (with no sign of a change) and so I am "price sensitive" especially as I am paying for my son's season ticket too. This being said we do always arrive early and have a curry and a couple of drinks each, If there is a price hike then the curry would have to go. I had worked this out prior to this thread being started.

I don't think that season tickets will be reduced - not being a rich man's plaything the club needs to be in the black.

Exeter Chiefs - living the dream!
Thoughts are like arrows: once released , they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim

oldbean
4everchief (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 12:50
With a loss on average of 1,000 supporters at each home game this season I think it would be a foolish to have an increase to ticket prices in general.
But I also think we will be very lucky to get a reduction in the price of our season tickets.
Maybe the club will come up with some other type of incentives.

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 14:00
Over the course of the last year or so I've had to set up a "disposal income budget" with appropriate austerity measures if I'm left with lower than a certain amount before the end of the week. I 'hope' that there will be a lowering of prices next season but we'll see.

The question is, what will it take to make ticket prices go down? More money coming in from the Heineken Cup? Premiership shares?

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 14:32
The nearest teams, in mileage terms, offer the following re season tickets (info from their Offy sites)

Bath - "offer a typical saving of 30%" v purchasing on a match by match basis.

Gloucester - using a half season ticket for a Gold seat (43) would save something like 200/season

Worcester - offer a saving of approx. 180 with a further discount of 25 for renewals

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 14:45
Quote:
Moorsman
The Nacho debate raised some interesting questions re allocation of RB's budget. I have no doubt this will be resolved in the best interest of the club and TR has already stated Rob will have access to a salary figure close to the cap.
I hope TR and the Board are not going to ask us to dig deaper into our pockets. We took a major hike in prices in the first season and many, myself included, were OK with this to assist our bid for further seasons in the Prem. I was a little dissapointed there was a further small increase last season. This has shown a great deal of loyalty from many Chiefs supporters and I think it's about time this was recognised. Even if the face price of tickets is to undergo an increase, no matter how samll I would like to see a reduction in season ticket prices to reward the 'faithful' for digging deap in such difficult financial times.

What do you think?

I would like to Echo those sentiments Moorsman.

I paid out 1,030.00 for our 3 season tickets (1 adult + 2 children) in the Grandstand this year. On top of that we have bought extra tickets at a cost of approx 300.00 (not including the Saxons game).
I think one of the first things the Club should at least consider is making a Family Season Ticket 2 x Adults & 2 x Children ! Most other clubs offer this package !

I know A number of us that are supporters & season ticket holders also support the conference & banqueting side of Sandy Park, it was only yesterday morning that a bill arrived for our shoot dinner that we held at SP Earlier in the Month. A lot of us supporters have also bought tickets for either the supporters club dinner & Dance or the Youth Section Dinner & Dance (or both...Ouch!)...this again is obviously supporting "the other part" of the Rugby Club.

As you rightly say, a reduction (however small) in Season ticket prices would certainly be a welcome gesture for "the faithful" supporters of Exeter Rugby Club.

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/02/2012 14:56 by PhilW2010.

StewardSaffin
Little MissChief (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 14:57
I would like to c some family packages offered on season tickets especially in west grandstand

WOODBURYCHEF
WOODBURYCHEF (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 15:07
a reduction for the faithfull, what is the official qualification to be a faithfull? i go to every home game work permits, have been to several away games and a european fixture, but because i knew i would miss a few home games due to work commitments it made a season ticket unviable. so on that basis im not a season ticket and not intitled to a saving?

Chief Arlecchino
Chief Arlecchino (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 16:31
Quote:
WOODBURYCHEF
a reduction for the faithfull, what is the official qualification to be a faithfull? i go to every home game work permits, have been to several away games and a european fixture, but because i knew i would miss a few home games due to work commitments it made a season ticket unviable. so on that basis im not a season ticket and not intitled to a saving?

Same for me, I really appreciate that the club needs to raise as much revenue as possible to meet its plans over the next few years, but i'm convinced that a reduction in prices, together with concessions for families means more 'bums on seats' which might mean an overall increase in revenue for the club and a better atmosphere with more Chiefs fans cheering the team on.

Now is the time for the club to be brave....we are all living through a recession. Take a lead and help the fans to cheer them on in person, rather than listening in on the radio.

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 17:05
I have the issue of missed games against the season ticket price, but have worked out missing 2/3 games made it still viable when you include the reduction on drinks prices.
If the overall season ticket price dropped it would be more tempting to buy, also give the club money upfront so more stable accounts.

MESSAGES->author
Hohookee Chief (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 18:13
It is a difficult one. I do understand that the club needs the money to stay in the black. But I too haven't had a pay increase in two years and can't see one coming for many more. With council tax and water rates about to rise and petrol prices constantly increasing, disposable income is shrinking rapidly. I am now seriously considering weather I can afford a season ticket at current rates let alone if it rises, If the prices do rise I fear I may have to be selective as to which games I go and watch next season. (Sm136)

goss8800
Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 18:22
I think we all have to be honest with ourselves. The prices will go up and I am like everyone else that I hope the increase is small. The big difference in prices will be decided when we know what European Cup we are in next year.

MESSAGES->author
Sioux Chief (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 18:40
As a relative newbee to watching the Chiefs my lad and I purchased a Family season ticket for the ETN this season as it seemed good value considering you get LV, Amlin and Braves matches on it. We have missed two games, Bath in the LV and Prato in the Amlin(due to illness). We both really enjoy our trips to SP but when you take into account petrol money, parking, programmes food and drink it really does begin to mount up. Like others on here I have not had pay rise for three years and the prospect of getting one are bleak. I really hope we can renew our ticket for next season because my lad and his like are the future fans of the club. We went to Quins away( early xmas gift) and we are going to Wuss(birthday present). A slight increase in ticket prices in general will no doubt occur but a freeze on season tickets prices as a show of loyalty would be very welcome and also attractive to others.

To sit with Elders of the Gentle race, this world has seldom seen.......

noisychief
etnchief (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 18:44
I think with falling crowds, a price freeze would make the best sense, with bills increasing & wages freezing in what's one of the most expensive areas to live in the country, people don't have so much money to spend on luxury.

shaun220
ancient hiker (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 19:38
are we the only club in premiership that don't give discount to over sixtys / pensioners

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 20:08
Many of whom (I accept not all) have more disposable income than the rest of us.

Means tests anyone?

MESSAGES->author
Little Plums (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 20:49
I'd like to join the chorus for a freeze in ticket prices overall, on the basis that despite better performances across the board, The Chiefs are attracting fewer punters. If it's not the standard of rugby, then ceteris paribus, it must be the cost that is the cause of the lower attendances. Fact: We have some of the highest ticket prices in the league.

I'm a season ticket holder and have only missed 2 games this season. Guess which ones - here's a clue: I'd also like to see a commitment from the club to put an end to stupid Sunday games. Takings at these games were considerably down on an average Saturday, it's no coincidence.

Whilst I'm on my high horse, I'd like to point out that whilst "Family" tickets are available in some stands, I fully understand Phil's point about the West Stand, but a child takes up a full seat, so I also understand the Club's pricing policy in this regard. However, the West Stand is a closed shop and season tickets weren't even offered for general sale this year, as existing holders took up their option to renew. And thus loyalty was rewarded.

My main issue here is where Family Tickets are available, they are for 1 Adult + 1 Child. Surely with a bit of imagination, someone could come up with a more flexible option, allowing for both parents/more than 1 child, payable on a pro-rata basis, applying some kind of discount on a more the merrier basis (without wishing to discriminate against single parent, only child families!!!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2012 07:19 by Little Plums.

Exedge
Exedge (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 20:58
First post, although have followed site for some time. As an over 60, is it not time for some concession for this age group, after all there have been requests for family reductions. Other Premiership and some Championship clubs, we have watched the Chiefs play at discount costs for the over 60. As others have stated no pay increase for several years but if a small increase meant signing Nacho for a least another year, I would be happy with that.

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 21:22
Quote:
clalan
I have the issue of missed games against the season ticket price, but have worked out missing 2/3 games made it still viable when you include the reduction on drinks prices. If the overall season ticket price dropped it would be more tempting to buy, also give the club money upfront so more stable accounts.

And if you include the A league fixtures that are included in the Season ticket price... that also helps to convince us that the Season tickets are still worth the expense (just).

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 21:26
Quote:
WOODBURYCHEF

So, if the season tickets for next season were discounted further, to what you pay per game, would that convince you to buy a season ticket ??

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net