rugbyunion
Latest News:

........Wanted. ...articles to see the site through the summer ...... the fun continues .......

Contributions etc. to - thechiefstribe@gmail.com Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
goss8800
Disappointing
Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 20:44
I feel Bath did not beat us, but we beat ourselves. When Mieres came off why did we decide to force the game and make stupid passes and decisions? We had opportunities to win this game, but we messed most of them up. Today we controlled the game but came up as losers. Why take off players when we are still in the game. The four points where there for the taking.

noisychief
Re: Disappointing
etnchief (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 21:02
It was a close game, I personally think that substitutions were necessary to keep things fresh. Bath used the bench frequently. Philips is a physical great impact player, the front rows and scrum half usually end up getting replaced and i think nancho was struggling with a knock and went down in the warm just before the 1/2 lap of the pitch. I felt we found it hard to get across the game line in particular in the second half, which bath pinned us back in our own half for most of the game and we cracked under the pressure a few times as bath seemed to go through the phases until they got a penalty. Lets not forget Bath missed two early penalties one of which i would expect them to kick more times than not. The most important thing is how the team react from this sale now is a must win game to reach the HC in my opinion. I also think the atmosphere was flat today.

Otto-7
Otto-7 (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 22:06
How did you beat Leicester and co.

A disallowed try, and two missed penalties, and we still won.

I thought we were @#$%& poor!.

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 22:16
thanks for your constructive post Otto-7 (Sm120)

blackwaterfan
blackwaterfan (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 22:21
Quote:
Otto-7

Dear Otto-7
Your views show why all the other premiership teams dont like Bath!

MESSAGES->author
Mabolza (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 22:38
Quote:
Otto-7

Try not to mix the keyboard and the bottle otto. Just makes you look cretinous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/02/2012 22:39 by Mabolza.

Brian4455
Bri (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 22:43
Bath fan here, both sides cancelled each other out a bit today by the sound of it,good luck for the rest of the season,you have impressed everyone in the Premiership and long may it continue.

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 22:59
Where are the trys gonna come from?
Tbh we created no try scoring chances today.

Bath played us at our own game today and came out just on top.
We gotta find a way through.

Otto -7...i persume that the 7 is your age?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25/02/2012 23:05 by Toomanychiefs.

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 23:08
Quote:
One Pint
I feel Bath did not beat us, but we beat ourselves. When Mieres came off why did we decide to force the game and make stupid passes and decisions? We had opportunities to win this game, but we messed most of them up. Today we controlled the game but came up as losers. Why take off players when we are still in the game. The four points where there for the taking.

Were you actually watching the same game One Pint ???

There was a spell in the first half when we really did wonder why the hell Nacho kept choosing the option of kicking the ball straight down the middle ???
It was blatantly obvious, by the way he struck the ball, that Nacho had pulled something part way through the first half...surprised he wasn't replaced earlier ?

We thought the replacements worked very well...it was an inch perfect pass from Steeno that released Matt Jess down the line in front of the Grandstand.
And the ball out from the rucks & scrums seemed to be a lot better (quicker) when Kevin Barrett came on !
James Philips made some big tackles when he came on...as did Neil Clark. Rob used the bench to freshen things up & replace players that have taken a knock or are struggling....that is what the bench is there for !

Once again the Ref had an impact on how we played !
Rose was no where near as Bad as Doyle or Davey...he did at least keep up with play! But it certainly appeared that Bath seemed to get plenty of time to get the ball out at the break down....where as he seemed pretty quick to penalise the chiefs if the ball didn't get recycled immediately ?

That said, it was a scrappy game & pretty flat at times...& we made our share of mistakes !

It was a similar size crowd to the Tigers game....but nothing like the atmosphere !

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

Otto-7
Otto-7 (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 23:14
Did any of you think that Bath played well then?. I didnt, just snuffed out a one dimensionsal side.

And Yes of course i'm only 7 years old.

Get a grip.

TCB
TCB (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 23:19
I'm afraid I don't understand the comments about the atmosphere being flat. From where I was in the ETN the atmosphere was superb.

I had fantastic banter with the Bath fans, really good natured and a great laugh.

As regards the match, we just weren't there today. Probably a fair result would have been a draw as we both cancelled each other out. Probably the fact that we haven't beaten Bath since our promotion played on the minds a bit but that's rugby. Last week we were lucky to get away with a win, this week we didn't.

Well done to Bath. We are still 6th. Now bring on Sale.

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 23:22
Quote:
Otto-7
Did any of you think that Bath played well then?. I didnt, just snuffed out a one dimensionsal side.
And Yes of course i'm only 7 years old.

Get a grip.

Not really !
The Lv cup game 3 weeks ago was a better game to watch !

Do you remember that one Otto-7 ?
It was the game where your first choice 15 struggled like hell to put 30 points past our academy boys !

Now it's time you were in bed...run along like a good boy.

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

Otto-7
Otto-7 (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 23:32
If you prefer I could patronise your team, and say things like "hard luck Exeter you really deserved to win" etc.

If so, "tough luck Exeter you were by far the better team".

It was a poor game that we just edged. end of story.

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
25 February, 2012 23:52
Quote:
Otto-7
If you prefer I could patronise your team, and say things like "hard luck Exeter you really deserved to win" etc.
If so, "tough luck Exeter you were by far the better team".

It was a poor game that we just edged. end of story.

Well, that effort is a bit better than your first post !
If you come on here asking "how we beat Tigers" and then boast about the fact that you had a try disallowed (maybe if biggs got his hair cut he would have heard the whistle for the knock on...that occurred before he even got the ball?) and also missed a penalty...don't be surprised if you cop some flack !

There was no need for the "tone" of your first post...& there is no need for you to patronise our team either.

There was very little between the two sides...poor kicking cost both teams points, possession & territory in the first half !
Poor decisions, handling errors & messy breakdowns seemed to be common to both sides...but Bath just edged it.

Otto-7
Otto-7 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 00:02
I agree.

Bath are struggling for form at present, and to be honest I fully expected us to lose today.

Best of luck anyway.

MESSAGES->author
Mabolza (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 00:04
The simple fact of the matter is that we are seriously missing our injured players.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 00:10
Bath were the better team for most of the second half, and the start of the first half, we were on top for the rest. This 50 min to 30 min difference pretty much reflects the score, with bath just edging it.

Neither side was great, but we made too many errors to really expect a win- we got lucky last week, maybe less so this week. A couple of the later scrum penalties looked a bit harsh.

I thought heathcote kicked really well and louw was excellent, but banahan and Barkley were pretty dire.

The usual suspects had good games for chiefs, and Steeno threw some good passes when he came on, but the turning point for me was when nic kicked the ball straight out from the turnover breakout midway through the half. Had that stayed in, we would have had a fantastic attacking position. Bath scored soon after, and never really looked back

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 00:14
O/T but Espn definitely picked the right 6pm game to screen. The glaws quins game was a cracker, with two of the best individual tries you will see.

The results this round could not have gone much worse for Chiefs, making Sale a must win game now.

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 00:15
Quote:
Mabolza
The simple fact of the matter is that we are seriously missing our injured players.

I certainly agree that it will be good to get everyone back fit again.

And yes, our front row was completely different...but I don't honestly think we lost the game in the scrum?

Otto-7
Otto-7 (IP Logged)
26 February, 2012 00:20
So, What did we do against Exeter that teams like Leicester did'nt.

After all Bath have been easier to read than the "beano" for most of the season.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net