rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs beat Wasps and stay 2nd in AP ..... Next up it's Sarries at Sandy Park.... the fun continues .......

Contributions etc. to - thechiefstribe@gmail.com Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

MESSAGES->author
Re: Stade Francais Match on TV at SP
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 16:46
Quote:
Geronimo Jim
I will be there, pint of Guinness Slim?

That's very good of you to offer to buy the first round GJ.
I'll have 2 pints of Guinness & 4 cokes please.

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

Slimboy
Slimboy (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 18:19
Spoke again to SP and there is no problem using the FlyBe suite so there will be plenty of room... Spread the word !
Let's make it a great night !

brent
brent (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 20:28
is the sound/volume better in the flybe suite than the members bar? (other than when we are drowning out the commentary with the tomahawk chop !)

MESSAGES->author
pontispool (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 21:17
Sorry chaps but I will not able to join you.

I have to be in Paris that evening.

OGGY OGGY OGGY

loadofeathers
loadofeathers (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 21:21
So sorry guys love to be there but also have a date in Paris!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/02/2012 21:23 by loadofeathers.

ChaderExe
ChaderExe (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 22:17
I never knew about you two - hope it is romantic for both of you.

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 09:24
I think we need another pole Moorsman ?

So that the ones that are going to Paris can make sure that everyone knows who is going... and who has to "make do" with watching it at SP ? (Sm163)

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 07:30
Didn't know you were known as "Slim" Phil, why the "pole" are you going to provide some entertainement? If so I may give it a miss.

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 14:45
(Sm120)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2012 14:46 by PhilW2010.

50pointer
50pointer (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 15:12
Sounds like Phil & Moorsman have something going with an Eastern European!(Sm102)

Wild Tooth
Wild Tooth (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 15:31
Quote:
50pointer
Sounds like Phil & Moorsman have something going with an Eastern European!(Sm102)

Could perhaps be a Totem P... ?

loadofeathers
loadofeathers (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 18:06
Quote:
Wild Tooth
Quote:
50pointer

Could perhaps be a Totem P... ?

Fair attempt at humour!!

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 19:06
Quote:
50pointer

Moorsman spellded it write...twas me that got it wong.

Wild Tooth
Wild Tooth (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 20:06
Quote:
PhilW2010
Quote:
50pointer

(Sm72) + (Sm154)

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 20:09
Quote:
Wild Tooth
Quote:
PhilW2010
Quote:
50pointer

(Sm72) + (Sm154)

+ (Sm157)

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
03 March, 2012 20:58
I've spoken to a few people about this today and whilst I think it's still a great idea I do feel the club needs to think carefully about how it should be handled so as not to upset "interest groups"

It seems that there are a number of distinct requirements arising.

Firstly, there are those that want to listen carefully to the commentary. Then there are those that want to watch the game "as live" and make a lot of noise. there are those who would like to bring their kids but are worried about the "grown ups". On the other hand, I've been informed that there are those who want to bring their kids but require a "creche" in case they fail to control their offspring and spoil it for others. So, once again the club seems to be failing to accomodate us all?

On the other hand maybe, just maybe, we could recognise that this is a bar open to the public in which people drink and (yes, it's true) get a bit rowdy and a bit rocky after a few jars. So, what's changed? it was ever thus.

When I want to listen to something in peace, I go somewhere peaceful, when, in the days when my kids needed supervision, I supervised them, especially in the company of adults. When I want a bit of rowdy I go somewhere that that might happen and I respectfully suggest that this is exactly what will happen at SP during the Stade game. So, if you want peace and quiet or you want to protect your kids from the execesses of adulthood or don't want to stop your kids from running riot, make other arrangements.

that will probably suit the majority.

Chief RedWine
Chief Redwine (IP Logged)
03 March, 2012 21:15
Have to say that my happiest memories of young son and me having quality time, is sneaking him and a couple of my mates and their boys into the local while internationals were on (thanks John) and them watching adults behave like kids, being a tad bemused, then joining in.

Rugby - it is a liberating and civilising influence.

MESSAGES->author
chief_bald_eagle (IP Logged)
04 March, 2012 00:17
Perhaps instead of the over the bar challenge and Derek the Otter at half time we could have PhilW and GJ mud wrestling SUITABLY ATTIRED given there may be children present.

Sorry couldn't resist, my glass has been more than half full tonight; then it was empty; then more than half full again; then empty; then...

At least we've all got one thing in common, a very good result today (Sm152)

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2012 08:56
Quote:
Geronimo Jim
So, if you want peace and quiet or you want to protect your kids from the execesses of adulthood or don't want to stop your kids from running riot, make other arrangements.
that will probably suit the majority.

Or in other words if you don't want your kids flattened by a drunken idiot that knows little about self respect, let alone self control, then best leave them & the wife at home ??

For what it's worth...I totally agreed with what you said about kids running riot or parents wanting a creche !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2012 08:59 by PhilW2010.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net