rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs pick up 5 points away in France ..... Next up it's the return leg with La Rochelle at Sandy Park . the fun continues .......

Contributions etc. to - thechiefstribe@gmail.com Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
Nacho Contract
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 12:37
Article in The Rugby Paper today on Nacho's contract which is due to expire in June 2012. He is keen to stay but if he gets selected for Argentina in the new Southern Hemisphere 4 Nations competition, he would be away from August to November which does not sit well with Rob Baxter. The Argentina team is due to be announced in April so I suspect there will be no movement on this issue till then.
It would be a massive blow if we lost him, his kicking success rate is 85% and his all round game has come on leaps and bounds since joing the Chiefs.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Nacho Contract
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 13:33
Iam not going to say that Nacho is irreplaceable. Theres plenty of quality 10s around. Nacho is a quality player and has come along way with his kicking and showed last weekend he can show run some great lines if required to do so. It wouldnt shock me if he was named in the Argentine squad as there really isnt any other quality Argentine 10s playing high profile rugby (Exception being Hernandez at Racing Metro and Contepomi at Stade Francais and Contepomi most of the time plays at 12 for Stade).

I dont want to start another thread of should they or shouldnt they re-sign him. But a full international callup is very likey.

http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/n/native_american_chief-3478.gif

Quote:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2012 13:40 by Sitting Bull.

MESSAGES->author
Sioux Chief (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 14:46
I think Nacho is playing his best Rugby for us so far. If he continues to improve he could be one hell of a player. RB obviously would need to look at the situation in April and take it from there. He will no doubt be drawing up a short list to approach if Nacho goes and his contract is not renewed.

To sit with Elders of the Gentle race, this world has seldom seen.......

Exeforever
Exeforever (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 17:22
Of all these wonderful 10s out there does anyone have a list of those out of contract after this season and not going to get an international call up? I suspect that the pool of proven available talent is pretty minuscule but I don't doubt that RB has a few unknowns on his radar.

50pointer
50pointer (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 18:03
Nacho's contract negotiations might be stumbling on a possible salary reduction based on his potential unavailability for the first 3 months of next season. If Nacho does get called up for Argentina and he agrees to a new contract would RB sign up a temporary replacement or would he view Steeno, Dorrian and Slade as adequate cover. It is a difficult situation for all concerned and would obviously be made a lot easier if Nacho was overlooked by the national selectors, although if I were him I would feel a tad miffed if that happened. RB obviously needs to get things sorted that would cover both eventualities, as I think waiting till April to hear if Nacho is in the Argy squad will not be good for anyone, and too late to sign anyone to cover.

MESSAGES->author
11 March, 2012 18:05
And if we lose Comacho????

50pointer
50pointer (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 18:14
Whilst I think Camacho is a real quality player and potential match winner, ( although he's yet to score for us ), a winger is somewhat easier to cover than a 10. Fly half is such a pivotal role and has a huge bearing on virtually every game. I think we would have enough cover for Camacho in Ses, Dolly, Tatupu and Whitten

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 18:15
This has all been said before.
As we(hopefully)progress,and the club gets stronger and better,it is a situation we will have to come to terms with on a regular basis.
Just ask the so called established teams that.

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 10:48
With all due respect to Rob I think Steeno is perfectly capable of taking care of business till November and then Nacho comes back. We're surely not the only Prem side that's going to lose players to this new competition.

WOODBURYCHEF
WOODBURYCHEF (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 12:54
what about the effect on the chief mentality, the team seems born of the guys closness and spirit. would it be easy to feel part of that if your out for so long?

also no disrespect, does anyone think dorrian can be genuine cover for steeno? i like dorrians play in field but his kicking has never really impressed? i watched dolly play 10 at irish vs braves, and he had a cracking game. just saying.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net