rugbyunion
Latest News:

....... Chiefs lose narrowly to Tigers ..... Next we have a trip to Castle Grim on Friday ...... ...... the fun continues .......

Contributions etc. to - thechiefstribe@gmail.com Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
MESSAGES->author
Getting fed up with the BBC tv comentary
clalan (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 16:19
Is it me or is the commentary total drivel, they wax lyrically about any half move France, Wales, Scotland or Ireland make, but England nothing.
Thought there was supposed to be a commentator with a slight biased for each side.
We Have Mr Moor? what a joke.
I know I have my England hat on, wish I could listen to the radio the commentary its far superior.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Getting fed up with the BBC tv comentary
Sioux Chief (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 16:52
Stop moaning...we won didn't we.................

You have a point though(Sm151)

To sit with Elders of the Gentle race, this world has seldom seen.......

MESSAGES->author
Chief caps (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 17:00
Quote:
Sioux Chief
Stop moaning...we won didn't we.........(Sm151)

Clalan, stop moaning! it will never happen. (Sm100)

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 17:05
Never post when a game is on, heart rules head. Stand by a lot of it, well done boys.

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 17:54
I went onto the red button today and listend to the refs mike for half the game.The regular commentry was doing my head in.
Great win though!
smileys with beer

devonandy
Devon Andy (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 18:24
Red button Clalan (Sm14)

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 18:29
Got a TiVo box red button take you to BBCI player, unless I didn't want to watch HD and went the free view. But HD is such a difference on sport. Its the only poor thing about the system tho.

SillyMidOn
SillyMidOn (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 18:49
TBH, I like Brian Moore. Shoots from the hip, says it as it is. His outburst when England hoofed the ball away aimlessly in Rome a few years ago was priceless. And his criticism's of Rolland today were more than justified.

Butler is a far better journalist than broadcaster, and he likes the overly poetic, dramatic lines too much for my taste but is harmless enough.

The scottish bloke (forget his name) is the best I reckon.

fisher
fisher (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 19:16
I cannot stand the squeaky Welsh whinger that goes on and on!!

Chief RedWine
Chief Redwine (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 19:41
Yep, I am among the minority that finds Brian Moore entertaining the majority of the time. Provided he doesn't get a bee in his bonnet and drone on then he provides some proper analysis of front row play.

He does have some excellent lines though. How can anybody fail to laugh at the Alain Rolland comment today:

Butler: He speaks fluent French you know.
Moore: That just means he gets it wrong in two languages.

Well it made me laugh, but I am shallow , , ,

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 19:46
SMO the Scottish Bloke is Andrew Cotter and I agree he is the best commentator the BBC have got. I think Brian Moore is excellent in his column in the Telegraph but suffers too much with verbal diarrhea when in front of the mike. Eddie Butler is a pain and him and Moor together are a nightmare!

MESSAGES->author
rorky (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 20:22
Should link your TomTom device to the commentary change "Pitbull's" voice into that of Ozzy Osbourne's.

Enjoyed the game, same old England but without as many mistakes and great discipline under pressure. Pitbull does not and never has had the vision to read a game and offer remedial advice or insight. Seems like they drag him out dust him off then put him away again afterwards. Can't take anything away from him as a player, think he would be better placed on Celebrity Big Brother or Last of the Summer Wine (with Eddie Butler).

MESSAGES->author
11 March, 2012 21:08
also went on the red button after 15 minutes of the same old drivel listened to five live commentary with matt dawson.

MESSAGES->author
Heavichief (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 21:16
Were we watching the same game? I thought the game was great, england were great and the commentary was once again brilliant. The one commentator who actually makes me.turn off the radio is one of the cricket ones who is unnecessarily posh and makes mistakes every other sentence.

chiefs-fan85
Weegie Chief (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 21:35
No real comment about the commentary, but the camera work really did my head in today.

I thought the cameraman was trying to film the Matrix with all the slow-mos, close-ups, 360 spins etc. Also no replays of important parts of the game!!

Decent match though.

ChiefBottleWasher
ChiefBottleWasher (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 22:18
It is always a decent game when your team wins. I thought Moore wasn't that bad today, but then I find him amusing.

His Desert Island disks (still available as podcast I believe) a couple of weeks ago was also pretty good especially his comments about all good sports people being mad by definition.

Really hated the overhead shots of the restarts today, IMO that overhead camera should only be used for replays and analysis.

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 22:22
Brian Moore is a leg end.Love his insight, he understands the game and has a dry wit about him.

Today's game was good to watch, I really don't care what England do since 2003, unless we are in a position to win the World Cup again. for me it's just an extra bit of rugby; the Chiefs are WAY more importasnt than Engerland.

I'm with Red Wine, if you get it wrong at least be polylingual!

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 22:29
Cracking game of Rugby!

I usually enjoy & have a laugh at BM's comments...but I think at times he is over critical & clearly doesn't understand the modern game & laws.

When Ben Foden caught a high ball & called the mark he was "tackled" by the French No.13... & two England players "got involved" making their fellings known!
Moore came out with some drivel about how the french player was entitled to "go through with the tackle" & how the England players over-reacted ! Well, when they showed the replay it was perfectly clear to see that what the England players reacted to was DIRTY/FOUL PLAY ! Moore made no comment about the fact that Ben Foden had his "tackle" severely disrupted & re-arranged !

And the ref also had a shocker !

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 23:16
Phil you really should take the course and become a referee. You would be at the elite level within months.

On the other hand you might have to referee Exmouth thirds and find out how tough it really is being a ref.

And before you spout your usual GJ rhetoric, Yes I have!

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 00:23
Quote:
Geronimo Jim
Phil you really should take the course and become a referee. You would be at the elite level within months.
On the other hand you might have to referee Exmouth thirds and find out how tough it really is being a ref.

And before you spout your usual GJ rhetoric, Yes I have!

Don't flatter yourself....I would not waste my breath!

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net