rugbyunion
Latest News:

....... Chiefs get a 5 point win at home to Cannacht..... Next up it's Glaws at Sandy Park in the LV= Cup...... the fun continues .......

Contributions etc. to - thechiefstribe@gmail.com Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
thechiefstribe.com
The run in...
thechiefstribe.com (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 22:59
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

MESSAGES->author
Re: The run in...
clalan (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 07:29
Wow, that definitely a glass overflowing prediction, I agree but think we will get the Losing BP at Glaws.
Like you I love this club and am proud of what the boys have done in such a short period.

MESSAGES->author
Kernowbabs (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 08:29
Cup overflowing may be, but we have faith in the boys and believe we are capable of beating any side. Let's hope things go well for us in the remaining games. As you say Clalan we are so proud of what they have achieved so far. Whatever, we will be supporting them all the way. CHIEFS! CHIEFS! CHIEFS!

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 10:42
I think we'll have our work cut out getting anything out of Gloucester and the Northampton and Irish games are filed under "anything can happen". I'm starting to dare to look forward to Heineken Cup rugby next season though, fingers crossed.

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 17:53
This is what Whaley Shark thinks will happen:

Glaws v Chiefs 4-1
Chiefs v Irish 4-0
Warriors v Chiefs 4-1
Chiefs v Saints 1-4
Sarries v Chiefs 5-0

That's just 7 points from 5 games! but he has only gone for 8 points for Sharks over the same period. He does think we'll end up at 6th with 52 points.

What are your predicted points match by match?

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 18:23
13 points for me, with wins against Irish Worc and one of Glaws or Saints. LBPs elsewhere. The final game vs Sarries could easily be another win, if Sarries are safe for a top 2 finish, and so rest players. The last game of the season often throws up some surprises.

Glaws v Ex 4-1
Ex v Irish 4-1
Worc v Chiefs 1-4
Chiefs v Saints 4-1
Sarries v Chiefs 4-1

Of the challengers for top 6, Glaws look the biggest threat to the top 4 teams. I think we will do enough to finish above Sale and Irish, and Bath may not have the fight left to stage a late surge, after their LV cup lose, so expect a 6th placed spot for us at worst.

Win against Glaws, and top 4 is still alive, but lose and I think we are looking at top 6 at best. It really is a pivotal game.

EDIT - can't count! That makes 14 points!(Sm154)

Still think 12-14 points is a good target for this last batch of games/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2012 21:04 by fatheralice.

MESSAGES->author
DancesWithScrumpy (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 19:09
Glaws are a tough nut to crack at Kingsholm but I think our defence will keep us in touching distance and we'll get a lbp.

Irish are at 6's and 7's at the mo, we are strong at home so 4pts for us.

Worcester are struggling to score tries, we have a tight defence so I think this will be close and probably a kicking duel, which we'll win - 4pts more to us.

Saints at home, hmmmm on their day they are a formidable team - this is a tough ask, our 16th man should keep us in there for a lbp.

Sarries away - potentially playing for the honour of finishing 1st, so this could be REALLY hard, especially a week after playing saints. Like worcester they don't rack up big scores but have a very tight defence. close game again, and another lbp.

That's 11 more points from our last 5 games. hopefully its enough for a heineken cup spot!

50pointer
50pointer (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 20:36
If we can start against Gloss like we did against Sale and not like we did at Kingsholm last season we could be in with a real chance but I don't like trying to predict games cos I'm no good at it!

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 10:28
come on guys let's have your predictions (Sm106)

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 10:54
Glaws v Exe 4:1

Exe v Irish 4:1

Wuz v Exe 1:4

Exe v Saints 1:4

Sarries v Exe 5:0

10pts

MESSAGES->author
Dawlish chief (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 11:18
Ever the optomist I think GLaws are strong at home at present but we got a score to settle and I'd not be surprised if we get 4 there, however my practical head says 1.

I think we'll break the monkey's back against Irish and take 4

Wus could be a banana , but I'm going for 4 again.

Do you know now my glass is overflowing , I think we could be fighting Saints for a playoff place against the odds again, so 4

Sarries, well heart says 1 but I fear the worst here 0

tulls
tulls (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 11:41
Glaws v Exe 4:1

Exe v Irish 5:0

Wuz v Exe 2:2

Exe v Saints 1:4

Sarries v Exe 4:0

9 pts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2012 11:42 by tulls.

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 12:07
Away to Gloucester - Loosing bonus point!
And it is cruicial to get a lbp & stop them from getting 5 points to keep them below us.

At home to Irish - 5 point win.
I have a feeling we could come good again for this one.

Away to Worcester - 2 points from a draw.

At home to Saints - 4 points from a win.
We beat them at home last year ?

Away to Saracens - 0
I honestly think we will struggle to get anything from this game.

So, 12 points from 5 games...that will be a fantastic performance by anyones standards.

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

MESSAGES->author
black_otter (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 12:10
Glaws v Exe 4-1
Exe v Irish 4-1
Worc v Exe 1-4
Exe v Saints 2-2
Sarries v Exe 4-1

Kingsholm is still a very tough place to go and get a result. An LBP would be a good result against Glaw.

Irish have had such an indifferent season and there is talk among their fans of dressing room issues between coach and some players.

Wuss are strong defensively, but a Sale-like performance from us should blow them away even away from home.

Saints could go either way for me, so am predicting a draw.

Sarries, even with injuries (notably Burger and Brown), I expect to be just too strong.

All-in-all, that's 12 table points

thumbs down

MESSAGES->author
rorky (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 13:15
Glaws v Exe 0-5
Exe v Irish 5-0
Worc v Exe 0-5
Exe v Saints 5-0
Sarries v Exe 0-5

Ow's about eeeee, that looks about rigt.

MESSAGES->author
Dawlish chief (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 13:34
Quote:
rorky
Glaws v Exe 0-5
Exe v Irish 5-0
Worc v Exe 0-5
Exe v Saints 5-0
Sarries v Exe 0-5

Ow's about eeeee, that looks about right.

You must have a 5 litre glass too get all that Guiness in!

50pointer
50pointer (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 19:25
Well here goes,
Gloss v Exe 4-1
Exe v LI 4-0
Wuss v Exe 1-4
Exe v Saints 4-1
Sarries v Exe 4-1
So 14 points which would mean we finish on 59pts and I think we will end up in 5th place, this prediction stuff is easy.

Chief RedWine
Chief Redwine (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 20:22
Glaws v Exe 0-5
Exe v LI 5-0
Wuss v Exe 0-5
Exe v Saints 5-0
Sarries v Exe 1-4

Mind you - I am known as a pessimist so I could be wrong about the Sarries result.

StewardSaffin
Little MissChief (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 21:50
Glaws v Chiefs 4-1
Chiefs v Irish 4-1
Wuzz v Chiefs 1-4
Chiefs v Saints 4-1
Sarries v Chiefs 4-0

So 11 more points for Chiefs is my prediction

loadofeathers
loadofeathers (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 23:27
Glaws v Chiefs 4-1
Chiefs v Irish 4-0
Wuzz v Chiefs 1-4
Chiefs v Saints 4-0
Sarries v Chiefs 5-0

13 for me.(Little M C Ithink yours is 13 also)

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net