rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs win for the 1st time at Franklins Gardens and go 2nd in AP ...... Next up it's Wasps at Sandy Park .... the fun continues .......

Contributions etc. to - thechiefstribe@gmail.com Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner
 

Chiefsexile
You've only got one song
Chiefsexile (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 19:40
Bit of a cheeky thread title but it is still bringing a smile to my face.

Great time in the Shed today, lots of banter and singing between the fans but never any malice. I suspect that this will become the must see Chiefs away fixture over the coming years.

Thanks Gloucester worth every penny of the 21 ticket price.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2012 19:40 by Chiefsexile.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: You've only got one song
fatheralice (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 20:07
And 5 for my daughter- best 5 I've spent in a while!

I thought the drums were good- added to the atmosphere, but not overpowering. I hope the glaws lot feel the same

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: You've only got one song
rorky (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 21:13
They're a great set of supporters, true rugby folk and dare I say it the best (after Chiefs) in the land for following their team. Let's hope they bring a sparkle to Sandy park for years to come.

In all fairness I did try to teach them the words to the Tomahawk chant however as father would say:

"you can't educate pork you can only cure it".

I have learnt their two songs eeeeh orrrrr and Glawwwwwsterrrr.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: You've only got one song
Little Plums (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 23:37
We may only have one song, but it has many verses!

 
Stuey
Re: You've only got one song
Stuey (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 07:07
and at least we have more than two syllables unlike Gloucester, (but remember poor old Sale who only have one, so they need to invent another syllable: Saaaay Ullllll).

I think we have a good repertois (I'm practicing French words ahead of Paris!) of songs/chants in comparison to some others. I'm glad that Gloucester were able to experience the Tribe in full song, drums included this year.

 
Chief RedWine
Re: You've only got one song
Chief Redwine (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 07:51
Quote:
Stuey
(I'm practicing French words ahead of Paris!) of songs/chants in comparison to some others..

Just Tweeted the following:

"After extensive research, can I present the following Hash Tag for Paris: #Tomahawhhacherentournee ?"

and how about:

Donnez-moi un C
Donnez-moi un H
Donnez Moi un I etc.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: You've only got one song
Dawlish chief (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 08:21
How many songs do you need?

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: You've only got one song
25 March, 2012 15:05

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: You've only got one song
25 March, 2012 15:27
And here's another of our 1 songs [youtu.be]

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: You've only got one song
Zymurgy (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 15:28
I'm pretty sure the Chiefsexile wasn't talking about us only having one song, it was when Glos were doing their Glawsterrrrr chant that we started singing "one song, you've only got one song" the Glos fans then started singing a different Glos song to which the tribe replied "Two songs, you've only got two songs" which caused a lot of amusement in the shed (Sm152)

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: You've only got one song
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 15:49
The "rivalry" between the two sets of fans was brilliant, although I thought that when they took up our chant and inserted the word "Glawster" they did themselves more harm than good, the Chop is the Chop and i'm sure our guys appreciated it!

The Shed, apart from an exclusive group near half way was very subdued at the end though.

 
Chiefsexile
Re: You've only got one song
Chiefsexile (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 16:03
Quote:
Zymurgy
I'm pretty sure the Chiefsexile wasn't talking about us only having one song, it was when Glos were doing their Glawsterrrrr chant that we started singing "one song, you've only got one song" the Glos fans then started singing a different Glos song to which the tribe replied "Two songs, you've only got two songs" which caused a lot of amusement in the shed (Sm152)

Spot on Zy.

 
wendyglaws
Re: You've only got one song
wendyglaws (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 18:21
Quote:
Geronimo Jim
The "rivalry" between the two sets of fans was brilliant, although I thought that when they took up our chant and inserted the word "Glawster" they did themselves more harm than good, the Chop is the Chop and i'm sure our guys appreciated it!
The Shed, apart from an exclusive group near half way was very subdued at the end though.

I was halfway in The Shed in front of the majority of your fans and drums. Brilliant support and I enjoyed the songs, Particularly enjoyed our rendition of eeyore to your tune, made me laugh. Great afternoon, looking forward to both games next season. Well done to Exeter and all your fans.

 
covglaws
Re: You've only got one song
covglaws (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 21:17
Quote:
Zymurgy
I'm pretty sure the Chiefsexile wasn't talking about us only having one song, it was when Glos were doing their Glawsterrrrr chant that we started singing "one song, you've only got one song" the Glos fans then started singing a different Glos song to which the tribe replied "Two songs, you've only got two songs" which caused a lot of amusement in the shed (Sm152)
The diferent song was "Gloucester Boys" which we normally sing at the end after a victory. Fortunately you gave us the oportunity to sing it earlygrinning smiley

Have to say I had misgivings about allowing the drums in, but they did add to the proceedings. You have a great bunch of supporters and great banter was had.

Since we're not going to now, hope you can push on to the play offs. Best of luck.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: You've only got one song
25 March, 2012 22:01
Thanks CovGlaws and wendyglaws had a great day out for the second time and nice to have some great banter in the shed good luck with those final 4 games.

 
wendyglaws
Re: You've only got one song
wendyglaws (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 19:29
Quote:
Shouts loudly in rain
Thanks CovGlaws and wendyglaws had a great day out for the second time and nice to have some great banter in the shed good luck with those final 4 games.

Thanks. Good luck to you too (Sm152)


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?