rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs win for the 1st time at Franklins Gardens and go 2nd in AP ...... Next up it's Wasps at Sandy Park .... the fun continues .......

Contributions etc. to - thechiefstribe@gmail.com Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

shoutsloudlyinmoonlight
possible new chant?
25 March, 2012 19:28
i have thought up a new chant for use during game time for when the scrum seems to fail. it uses the tune for "id rather be a pirate then a chief" but i would like a tribal opinion

(Sm60)oh id rather watch a match then a scrum
oh id rather watch a match then a scrum
id rather watch a match
id rather watch a match
id rather watch a match then a scrum(Sm60)

MESSAGES->author
Re: possible new chant?
Chief caps (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 19:34
or I'd rather watch a match than the REF! (Sm100)

MESSAGES->author
Exeter lad (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 19:42
I liked the he knocked it on song which was heard at Gloucester

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 20:09
Um bit of a bad one as the scrum etc strength is our strength.
Maybe go back to the old scrum rules, if you watch the ESPN classic matches, they were a bit different.

We will need our scrum at its best to dominate our visiting London Irish friends, and starve their backs of ball.

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 20:10
Yes.that was from the Dragons when we played em.good one that.

WOODBURYCHEF
WOODBURYCHEF (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 00:14
i was pondering a chiefs version of the fields of anthenry for next season? with quite a few irish addorning our squad and more to come... liverpool fc have their one which is rather natty.

im sure tommy, and the irish would love a chiefs one?

WOODBURYCHEF
WOODBURYCHEF (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 12:52
High fly the chiefs at sandy park
where mieres and steeno rule the T'
with rob and alley
we own the westcountry
and tommy and the boys make HISTORY!!

voila!!

Chiefsexile
Chiefsexile (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 14:59
Quote:
Exeter lad

It was only a couple of days ago but I've forgotten the tune to that one already! Good song though, especially after Glaws pinched our tune for Eee, Aww.

MESSAGES->author
Zymurgy (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 15:40
Quote:
Chiefsexile
Quote:
Exeter lad

It was only a couple of days ago but I've forgotten the tune to that one already! Good song though, especially after Glaws pinched our tune for Eee, Aww.

It's sung to the last bit of the French National anthem tune.

MESSAGES->author
Little Plums (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 17:40
Quote:
WOODBURYCHEF
i was pondering a chiefs version of the fields of anthenry for next season? with quite a few irish addorning our squad and more to come... liverpool fc have their one which is rather natty.
im sure tommy, and the irish would love a chiefs one?

Or Wild Rover:

I've been a Chiefs S'porter for many a year
And I've spent all my money on pasties and beer
But now I return with points in great store
And I never will play in the Amlin no more!

WOODBURYCHEF
WOODBURYCHEF (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 17:52
or both little plums............

love that one.. i cant stop humming my chiefs at sandy park to the tune of anthenry...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net