rugbyunion
Latest News:

....... Chiefs get a 5 point win at home to Cannacht..... Next up it's Glaws at Sandy Park in the LV= Cup...... the fun continues .......

Contributions etc. to - thechiefstribe@gmail.com Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

ChaderExe
HK v AP
ChaderExe (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 20:29
Well next season is interesting 22 players contracts up for discussion and potentially the requirement to have the whole squad up to speed to compete in two of the best competitions.

yes I know "we have not done it yet" but with some who are still asking "are we going to be relegated". I dont think so.

I think all 45 players will need to get involved including Academy. Interesting, I though Dollman played well at Full back so maybe Luke "Jedi" Arscott has to work harder.

I think AP should be the priority next season.

MESSAGES->author
Re: HK v AP
Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 22:54
Of course th AP will be the priority,for without that there will be no HC or Amlin.
The HC will only improve our squad as a whole.Just like the Amlin did last year and this year.
Its only by testing ourselfs against the best that we know where we are and i`m sure the lads will do ok.
Saying that;we do have to get there first!

50pointer
50pointer (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 05:07
Let's get this season over with first before we start worrying about next season

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/03/2012 18:37 by 50pointer.

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 06:59
The bread and butter of the premiership will always be uppermost in Rob and the teams mind. The cups HC and Amlin are just the extra added flavour to the season.
But do well or not, the HC has a decent monetary value to it which will help our clubs financial stability as long as we do not chase it signing high wage superstars, which is totally against the coaches ethos.

But as previously stated this is all academic, tho more likely than not.

MESSAGES->author
black_otter (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 07:42
Quote:
ChaderExe
Well next season is interesting 22 players contracts up for discussion and potentially the requirement to have the whole squad up to speed to compete in two of the best competitions.
yes I know "we have not done it yet" but with some who are still asking "are we going to be relegated". I dont think so.

I think all 45 players will need to get involved including Academy. Interesting, I though Dollman played well at Full back so maybe Luke "Jedi" Arscott has to work harder.

I think AP should be the priority next season.
Chader, agreed, thought Dolly had an excellent game at fullback, apart from one missed tackle in the run-up to the third Glaws try - nevermind tho. Also thought Tui put in a titanic shift at loosehead, putting Harden in all sorts of trouble, altho Mr Garner chose to ignore most of it. Likewise Mitchell really put himself about in the loose, and that for me typifies the current attitude of the team - playing for the love of the game and for each other - it's a potent combination. Naqer, not unsurprisingly, looked short of match practice, and I think he might have a little ways to go before displacing Bryan Rennie, who i thought looked menacing in attack and didn't miss anything in defence thumbs down

AP always the priority for me, unless the powers that be decide to ring-fence the prem, which would be wrong imo. European competition is simply icing on the cake

MESSAGES->author
Dawlish chief (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 08:01
I had a discussion in the pub last night, it is great how the whole squad is playing at moment, but also strange how players how either did not get a game or only a few off the bench appearanences are now keeping players out of the team that is the reverse of last season.

Says a lot for our strengths. Well Done guys. (Sm143)

ChiefBottleWasher
ChiefBottleWasher (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 10:21
That was a question I was interested , is there a real monetary boost for HC or is the boost just from better gates?

If there is does it therefore affect the salary cap?

Rich_W
Rich W (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 10:33
Actually there is very little financial benefit to appearing in the HEC beyond any improvement to your gates but at Leicester we generally find that unless we draw Munster/Leinster with their away supporters or one of the Stades (Toulousainne or Francais de Paris) to attract a big local attendance, HEC gates are lower than AP gates.

There is probably a benefit over the Challenge Cup in terms of attendances but not when compared to the AP. The only real money maker comes from a home quarter-final where the home club keeps, iirc, 75% of the gate. Fyi - semi-finals are a ERC promotion and the take is kept by ERC and disbursed across the two competitions.

It's why Simon Cohen (Leicester CEO) is now talking about the English and French clubs leaving the HEC unless it is restructured.

Nothing I cared, in the lamb white days, that time would take me
Up to the swallow thronged loft by the shadow of my hand,
In the moon that is always rising,
Nor that riding to sleep
I should hear him fly with the high fields
And wake to the farm forever fled from the childless land.
Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
Time held me green and dying
Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 12:31
I think the Heineken is more a matter or honour, let's face it it's that competition that gets more media attention and the winner of which gets the title of "European club champion". It would effectively be a promotion to the European Premiership!

Not sure why attendences would be down though, possibly due to more TV coverage?

ChiefBottleWasher
ChiefBottleWasher (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 12:41
One of the things I seem to remember about 'bloodgate scandal' was quins saying loosing the HC place would cost them about 1 Million.

I wonder if sponsorship and advertising revenues also come into it ( due to the increased TV coverage?)

Rich_W
Rich W (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 07:16
I guess attendances suffer in part because fewer supporters travel. Also for many HEC games there is no historical sense of rivalry and no sense of 'who' many European opponents are.

I believe that there are two points of difference in commercial terms - HEC involvement is more valuable than Challenge Cup involvement but less than being in the AP. I know that Tigers actually lost money the years we made the final.

Nothing I cared, in the lamb white days, that time would take me
Up to the swallow thronged loft by the shadow of my hand,
In the moon that is always rising,
Nor that riding to sleep
I should hear him fly with the high fields
And wake to the farm forever fled from the childless land.
Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
Time held me green and dying
Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

MESSAGES->author
rorky (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 08:46
Great post Chader, Rob's and Chiefs philosophy play who ever is in front of them. We have three types of game plan expansive, non-expansive and somewhere in between.

With regards to who we sign I believe if rugby is the main issue with any players then it would be a plus to be asked join the Chiefs set up. If you put into the mix 80 minutes of the Tribes euphoric worship and the buzz of the city with regards to rugby, the laid back lifestyle and the pasty then hey ho!

My only small concern is that the Chiefs board have gone quiet on the ground expansion.

Skywalker is a clever and technically superb full back who has up until his injury put in a very good shift over the season. Dolly and Votu should push him next season and may the best player's at their chosen time win. I do not wish to see anything than hardened supporters at Chiefs, give me Glaws type fans every match they just turn up and muck in. Sarries and Le Irish too they like a laugh, Barf and Tigers folk are pleasant Saints are mildly mad and can't wait till Brizz get promoted and their fans start to visit.

MESSAGES->author
Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 10:47
Votu? Did`nt think we signed him. Thought he was a winger or centre not a full back.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net