Latest News:

........Chiefs look to keep their top 6/7th place on track v Sale this weekend........next up it's away to Warriors .....the fun continues .......

Contributions etc. to - thechiefstribe@gmail.com Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Re: Family Season Ticket.
Posted by: Chief caps (IP Logged)
Date: 09 April, 2012 20:10

has anyone consider the club realise this and when they get the full funding from the PLR they might be able to offer cheaper tickets like other clubs do, until this happens or we get the bigger stadium the club have to sell the tickets at a premium to cover cost.

Posted by: Shouts loudly in rain (IP Logged)
Date: 09 April, 2012 20:36

Just to confirm that Worcester 2+2 season ticket is for there
Fragantstand which when we were there in the summer is temporary and looks identical to the southewest telecom stand at sandy park. and the season ticket price is £540 as phil said however it is no cheaper than buying 2 x 1+1 which is £270

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2012 20:51 by Shouts loudly in rain.

Posted by: Moorsman (IP Logged)
Date: 09 April, 2012 20:38

Quote:
PhilW2010
And Worcester were only promoted to the premiership this season...so they surely get less money from the Premiership than Exeter do?
As 'full' members of PRL and only being out of the Prem for a year Wuss still get full funding. They would even have had a parachute payment £2M? last season in the Championship.

Posted by: Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
Date: 09 April, 2012 20:42

This topic comes up every year. Other clubs do this and other clubs do that. The Chiefs offer a lot of options which fit a lot of people’s requirements. Just chose one and get on supporting one of the top teams in the Prem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2012 20:48 by One Pint.

Posted by: oldbean (IP Logged)
Date: 09 April, 2012 21:00

Quote:
One Pint
This topic comes up every year. Other clubs do this and other clubs do that. The Chiefs offer a lot of options which fit a lot of people’s requirements. Just chose one and get on supporting one of the top teams in the Prem.

Well said One Pint could I just add.....
some clubs make massive losses in revenue,other clubs don't.

Posted by: PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2012 00:27

Quote:
4everchief

Well said One Pint could I just add.....
some clubs make massive losses in revenue,other clubs don't.

Some clubs charge an arm & a leg for tickets, food & drink...these clubs get away with this profiteering because the supporters are still floating on cloud 9 & "living the dream" !
When the novelty has worn a little thinner & crowd numbers fall even lower...maybe the penny will finally drop ?

Whilst it is true to say that Rugby union is becoming more & more poplar as a televised sport...gate receipts are falling.
Do we really want to see the day where money is the only thing that drives a Rugby clubs ??

Of course premiership Rugby comes at a price...but not any price!

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

Date: 10 April, 2012 00:34

Quote:
Moorsman
Quote:
PhilW2010
And Worcester were only promoted to the premiership this season...so they surely get less money from the Premiership than Exeter do?
As 'full' members of PRL and only being out of the Prem for a year Wuss still get full funding. They would even have had a parachute payment £2M? last season in the Championship.

Thank you Moorsman.

So, Exeter (and their loyal tribe) have in fact suffered a financial penalty for going up...& staying up ?
Is that what it equates to ?

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

Date: 10 April, 2012 00:36

Quote:
One Pint

At any price ??
Are you saying that we don't have the right to even question some of the prices we are being charged ?

Posted by: WOODBURYCHEF (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2012 09:28

i was writing a long winded piece, but then realised i couldnt be bothered. pleease lets see this copied and paste bold print and then infer something that wasnt there, and then write a piece about logic (with an air of why is nobody else as clever as me).

penny will drop!! how incredibally insulting of you. are u suggesting we're all stupip.

ur threads ALWAYS end up antagognistic and with this distinct tone.

i promise never to comment on one again, and simply smile at them. i actually think sometimes u have a point but u just come across so badly on here.

Posted by: Halfpint Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2012 09:51

Surely,if you don't like the prices or the ticketing structure,you vote with your feet and stay away?
There are plenty of local clubs that would welcome your support and your shilling.

Posted by: ChaderExe (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2012 15:49

Cmon on halfpint - shilling - 5p in the modern game. Wont get you into any rugby clubs round here. You might have to try Cornwall.

Posted by: LittleTommyHawkk (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2012 16:49

Quote:
PhilW2010
Quote:
One Pint

At any price ??
Are you saying that we don't have the right to even question some of the prices we are being charged ?

Of course we have a right Phil, but we still have to remember that we do not get as much money as other teams, even if we are doing so well. To get that money back, we are going to have to charge higher prices for tickets etc. It sucks, we all know it but we have to get on with it, or just don't bother going!

Posted by: Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2012 17:03

I've kept out of this so far as I have absolutely no interest in the "special interest group" concerned. My kids have grown up and I paid what I had to when they came with me to the club.

But there's the point really, it's all about special interest groups and minorities shouting that they are more deserving of favour than others.

There has been discussion above about "choice" which I find intriguing. When a couple make the decision to have a family, it's their choice; when they decide to have a big family, it's still their choice. When someone decides to "support" a club, sportsperson, charity, local theatre group, it's their choice.

If some of our past choices impact on what we are currently able to do we can reflect on that however we like but surely, past choices, good, bad or indifferent, shouldn't entitle us to special traeatment today?

Whatever system of ticketing / season ticketing the club come up with, either now or in the future, will impact some to the good and some to the bad but the majority not at all, they will all still have choices to make.

I'm beginning to believe that underlying many posts on here is a general resentment of percieved slights and injustices inflicted on certain individuals who then "crusade" to get what they want.

Good luck to them but we (or at least many of us) know the outcome of the original crusades.

Date: 10 April, 2012 17:35

3 - 3 at the moment

[www.crusaders.co.nz]

Posted by: Devon Andy (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2012 18:55

Quote:
ChaderExe
3 - 3 at the moment
[www.crusaders.co.nz]

(Sm22)(Sm22)(Sm22)

Date: 10 April, 2012 18:56

Oh and by the way the Crusaders only do a 1+1 season ticket!

Posted by: Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2012 19:09

Quote:
ChaderExe
3 - 3 at the moment
[www.crusaders.co.nz]

(Sm152)

Date: 10 April, 2012 19:48

Devon Andy are you sure only 1+1? how much does it cost and are they considering increasing to 2+2?

Date: 10 April, 2012 20:19

I'll send them an email and see... I might change my allegiance (Sm160)

Posted by: chief_bald_eagle (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2012 21:20

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net