Before this thread descends into another series of nonsense posts here's the answer to a few questions. Whilst Tony Rowe doesn't care for the 'unofficial' site he did acknowledge there is some good stuff on here. His wife monitors it and had printed some questions off that he brought to the meeting.
The SW stand won't be altered as the only way to do this would involve a reduction in capacity
1. Are there any alterations or improvements that have to be made to the stadium / facilities for next season ? (H.C)
No. If we get to the quater finals they have to be played in a 20,000 stadium and Rob said he'd make sure we got an away tie
2. When the next phase of development / improvements commence...Which stand is going to be first ?
No timescale given but the next phase will see the West Stand increase player and conference facilities. The 'wings' will be added cgiving another 2000 seats.
3. If, after the 30th June Deadline, there are season ticket holders in the West Grandstand that have not renewed their tickets...what happens to those seats ?
There is a long waiting list for any seats that become available
4. Can the club confirm, or dismiss, the rumour that one of the teams core players (Bryan Rennie) is set to move to another club at the end of this season ?
This has been announced and Bryan goes with the clubs best wishes. Rob said this is one of the tough parts of his job letting players go and Bryan was out of contract, which was not being renewed. The club has to keep developing and moving forward
5. Why is Gareth Steenson not getting any game time in the first team...or even playing for the Braves.
In answer to this Rob used an American Football quote "Head Coaches and Quaterbacks live and die together". Steeno has an important role in the squad and will get his time but Rob reiterated his previous statement that "coaches don't pick the team players do" (with what they do in training and offer the team etc.) He won't be used in the Braves as along with other first squad players this could risk injury.
6. Whilst a lot of members, season ticket holders & supporters alike will agree that there is no need to splash out large sums of money on new "star" players, do the board agree that if some of the squads core players are not offered reasonable wages under their contracts the club is running the risk of loosing key players to other clubs...and that once that happens there is a real risk that the whole ethos & team spirit within the club could be lost ?
Rob was really puzzled by this and made it clear that the club won't pay more than it can afford but wouldn't be able to retain or attract players if we were not paying a reasonable amount. He cited Tui's re-signing as an example of this.
2) do the members want to think about whether they restrict the number of guests they invite into members. One week in particular this season some members were inviting in 10 guests or more into the members bar. This caused overcrowding and we as stewards then had to stop other members from going in on health and safety grounds.
This is almost impossible for the stewards to police and up to members to act reasonably
I'll put some further notes on another post.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 25/04/2012 22:57 by Moorsman.