rugbyunion
Latest News:

........Wanted. ...articles to see the site through the summer ...... the fun continues .......

Contributions etc. to - thechiefstribe@gmail.com Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
crackerchief
Members forum
crackerchief (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 20:11
Couldn't make tonights meeting. Is there any news that we are allowed to have? Either way the futures bright the futures Chiefs!!!!!
Proudtobeachief

MESSAGES->author
Re: Members forum
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 23:13
Quote:
crackerchief
Couldn't make tonights meeting. Is there any news that we are allowed to have? Either way the futures bright the futures Chiefs!!!!!
Proudtobeachief

Yes crackerchief, Headline Breaking news from tonight's meeting is that a weally, weally important decision was made at the meeting tonight...& a lot of the boy's & girl's are getting weally, weally excwited about it.

Apparently The club have agreed that a totem pole, of some discription, can be placed somewhere in the stadium !

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 23:18
Ever thought of a career in (merchant) banking Fill?

The bottom line is this; if you aren't a member it's none of your business, although I'm certain that the members of a more generous nature will spill the beans. In the mean time the likes of me and you will have to speculate.

MESSAGES->author
Jemima (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 23:20
Sorry Phil but I have to ask, are you weally Jonathan Ross?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/04/2012 23:24 by Jemima.

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 23:32
Quote:
Geronimo Jim
Ever thought of a career in (merchant) banking Fill?
The bottom line is this; if you aren't a member it's none of your business, although I'm certain that the members of a more generous nature will spill the beans. In the mean time the likes of me and you will have to speculate.

Oh, is that right ?

So Season ticket holders get their re-newel forms...but it is non-of their business if alterations made before the Season starts could influence their decision to re-new the seats they have...or to move to another stand ?

Ever considered a career in marketing, Customer Service or public relations Gimm ?

No?...thought not.

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

oldbean
4everchief (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 23:37

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/04/2012 12:48 by 4everchief.

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 23:49
Before this thread descends into another series of nonsense posts here's the answer to a few questions. Whilst Tony Rowe doesn't care for the 'unofficial' site he did acknowledge there is some good stuff on here. His wife monitors it and had printed some questions off that he brought to the meeting.

The SW stand won't be altered as the only way to do this would involve a reduction in capacity

1. Are there any alterations or improvements that have to be made to the stadium / facilities for next season ? (H.C)
No. If we get to the quater finals they have to be played in a 20,000 stadium and Rob said he'd make sure we got an away tie (Sm151)

2. When the next phase of development / improvements commence...Which stand is going to be first ?
No timescale given but the next phase will see the West Stand increase player and conference facilities. The 'wings' will be added cgiving another 2000 seats.

3. If, after the 30th June Deadline, there are season ticket holders in the West Grandstand that have not renewed their tickets...what happens to those seats ?
There is a long waiting list for any seats that become available

4. Can the club confirm, or dismiss, the rumour that one of the teams core players (Bryan Rennie) is set to move to another club at the end of this season ?
This has been announced and Bryan goes with the clubs best wishes. Rob said this is one of the tough parts of his job letting players go and Bryan was out of contract, which was not being renewed. The club has to keep developing and moving forward

5. Why is Gareth Steenson not getting any game time in the first team...or even playing for the Braves.
In answer to this Rob used an American Football quote "Head Coaches and Quaterbacks live and die together". Steeno has an important role in the squad and will get his time but Rob reiterated his previous statement that "coaches don't pick the team players do" (with what they do in training and offer the team etc.) He won't be used in the Braves as along with other first squad players this could risk injury.

6. Whilst a lot of members, season ticket holders & supporters alike will agree that there is no need to splash out large sums of money on new "star" players, do the board agree that if some of the squads core players are not offered reasonable wages under their contracts the club is running the risk of loosing key players to other clubs...and that once that happens there is a real risk that the whole ethos & team spirit within the club could be lost ?
Rob was really puzzled by this and made it clear that the club won't pay more than it can afford but wouldn't be able to retain or attract players if we were not paying a reasonable amount. He cited Tui's re-signing as an example of this.

2) do the members want to think about whether they restrict the number of guests they invite into members. One week in particular this season some members were inviting in 10 guests or more into the members bar. This caused overcrowding and we as stewards then had to stop other members from going in on health and safety grounds.

This is almost impossible for the stewards to police and up to members to act reasonably

I'll put some further notes on another post.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 25/04/2012 23:57 by Moorsman.

MESSAGES->author
26 April, 2012 07:07
Thankyou moorsman for the update.

MESSAGES->author
black_otter (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 07:35
Cheers, moorsman

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 07:47
Many thanks Moorsman, not sure others knew what they could post or not post.

Two Dogs
Rather Windy Chief (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 09:17
So the Cucumber munchers get more improvements to their stand and the real supporters suffer another season of poor beer / food and toilet facilities.

More great decisions from The Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club

(Sm22)

MESSAGES->author
Kernowbabs (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 09:44
"next phase will see the West Stand increase player and conference facilities."

Surely this is about keeping the players well looked after which without them there is no club! Conference facilites will help fund improvements in the rest of the ground. I do not doubt that the facilities should be improved around the ground but it cannot be done overnight and whether we like it or not revenue keeps the club going.

I do take issue with the "real supporters" we go to every home game and have missed 3 away games this season. Just because we are lucky to have seats in the west stand we are not real supporters? I understand your frustration but don't take it out on us, it puts us off our prawn sandwiches!

MESSAGES->author
black_otter (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 09:49
Quote:
Kernowbabs
"next phase will see the West Stand increase player and conference facilities."
Surely this is about keeping the players well looked after which without them there is no club! Conference facilites will help fund improvements in the rest of the ground. I do not doubt that the facilities should be improved around the ground but it cannot be done overnight and whether we like it or not revenue keeps the club going.

I do take issue with the "real supporters" we go to every home game and have missed 3 away games this season. Just because we are lucky to have seats in the west stand we are not real supporters? I understand your frustration but don't take it out on us, it puts us off our prawn sandwiches!

True, babs, I think we all have to remember that the improvements will come in a series of well-thought thru phases and it won't always be entirely obvious from the outside why the ordering is such as it is - but I have every confidence that it'll be worth it all in the end - 20k Sandy Park!

shaun220
ancient hiker (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 10:18
Really sad/bad news SWCS is not next for upgrading as has been mentioned on several posts it is just not fit for purpose. I have a season ticket for it and most games I end up standing elswhere in he ground as I can see little or nothing of the game. When visitors post about where to go in the ground several posts say avoid SWCS. This must or should be a concern for the club. A upgrade of this area surly should be a priority .

MESSAGES->author
black_otter (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 10:25
Quote:
ancient hiker
Really sad/bad news SWCS is not next for upgrading as has been mentioned on several posts it is just not fit for purpose. I have a season ticket for it and most games I end up standing elswhere in he ground as I can see little or nothing of the game. When visitors post about where to go in the ground several posts say avoid SWCS. This must or should be a concern for the club. A upgrade of this area surly should be a priority .
ancient hiker, it might be most in need, but I suspect that given it might also be the most expensive element (remember massive conference facilities going in there too) and it's position (from a construction point of view, it may make more sense to do the works on the east side first in terms of access), it may end up being last - just guessing ...

WOODBURYCHEF
WOODBURYCHEF (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 10:29
the beer from the bar between the ETN and north terrace has truely terrible beer, guiness is ok'ish larger is disgusting and of course no ale?! the bar stsff over there are stupidly slow and did anyone else have a chuckle to themselves that on sunday, they had new bar staff entirely!! poor @#$%& didnt know what beer was which, couldnt use the till and were completely overwhelmed. hope they sort out the beer and service for next season.

Chief RedWine
Chief Redwine (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 10:42
Quote:
ancient hiker

Have to agree. I hear the "loss of revenue" argument but would counter that with "How many times has it been full this season? Twice? Would it be more relatively full if it had a better aspect?

I am not, really not, a serial complainer. Semper Fidelis are my watch words. But every person that has been my South Stand guest this season has made the same comment. Thus my brother, his wife and the curent MrsP. went into the North by choice last week and were well pleased with their view, (but not the result sad smiley ).

Clearly nothing is going to happen - I am guessing that it would cost many thousands to replace the SW Stand with a smaller but more effective viewing platform, and I respect the Board to make the right decisions in looking towards the medium to long term. That does not, however, stop me from making these comments here and to anybody face-face from the Board downwards. They are, I believe, constructive and I am glad the Board do monitor this site to ensure they understand what some fans, not just members, views are.

shaun220
ancient hiker (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 10:45
SWCS upgrade may well be the most expensive black_otter but at present is worse than useless. With just more upgrading of the West stand is the club in danger of being a one sided ground. What is the clubs reaction to the criticism of the SWCS.

Rockin' Mohawk
Rockin' Mohawk (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 11:55
As a quick fix to one of the SWCS issues couldn't they wrap the back & sides with tarpaulin.Am speaking as someone who sat there once and swore never again.I wonder if the powers that be realise just how uncomfortably cold it gets with the wind on the back of your legs.

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 15:40
One more season with the terrible SWC stand, followed by a season with the West stand increased by 2000. Plenty of room for those people who wish to return to the proper seats. The flybe suite will be much larger as will the Members bar if my memory is correct.

We haven't got the best view in ETN, it will be years before we see our improvements, but sustainability is the key to everything.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net