rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs beat Bath and stay at the top.. ....next up it's Leinster at Sandy Park..... ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

thechiefstribe.com
It was Never my Ambition to Become A Hooker
thechiefstribe.com (IP Logged)
09 October, 2012 18:39
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

MESSAGES->author
Re: It was Never my Ambition to Become A Hooker
09 October, 2012 18:52
looking forward to getting my copy

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
09 October, 2012 18:58
Thank you Moorsman, I was debating about buying this book, I think now I will.
Funny enough re-watched our great win against Bristol last night, what memories? what rain? great joy.

MESSAGES->author
TAKODA (IP Logged)
09 October, 2012 21:38
Nice one Moorsman, Looking forward to reading it.

chiefnisco
chiefnisco (IP Logged)
10 October, 2012 00:20
I finished reading the book last week and must say I really enjoyed it.

I have read a lot of rugby biographies and autobiographies and this is up there with the best. It takes you through game by game the chiefs journey from that milestone day of securing our place in the premiership to the end of last season from a players point of view.

I would certainly recommend this book to any chiefs fan or rugby fan in general.

Well done to all involved!

paulg_chief
paulg_chief (IP Logged)
10 October, 2012 09:31
Good news is just had an email from the publisher saying it's on its way....a week and a half early!!!! Good move (Sm152) whoever decided that.

ExpatChief
ExpatChief (IP Logged)
10 October, 2012 09:43
"The second half is based on the diary Neil started on Exeter's promotion and is a very interesting insight for each match in the first two seasons."

Think it would be interesting if a couple of players and maybe supporters did this on an annual basis.....

MESSAGES->author
10 October, 2012 10:59
Yay Mine just arrived looking forward to reading it.

paulg_chief
paulg_chief (IP Logged)
12 October, 2012 13:53
Got home yesterday evening and it was there. Couldn't put it down all night and finished it at about 23:30.

Very good read, very honest. Having just seen seen the team for Leinster gutted for him that he doesn't feature. Understand he's only had 18 mins of PR this season and there's no room for sentiment in selection - just think I have a good idea of how much it would mean to him. Hope he gets his chance soon - and his first Premiership try. (Sm152)

MESSAGES->author
cheqflagpub (IP Logged)
19 October, 2012 12:53
It Was Never My Ambition To Become A Hooker will be available in the club shop from tomorrow. Keep your copy close to hand - Neil will be around the ground at the Clermont Auvergne game and is happy to sign any copies thrust in his direction!

--------------------------------------------------------
Buy Neil Clark's 'It Was Never My Ambition To Become A Hooker' at www.chequeredflagpublishing.co.uk

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net