rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs defeat Sale to maintain second place in the Prem ..... next up it's Bristol at Sandy Park ........ .... ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Master Chief
U20s
Master Chief (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 03:10
Congratulations to Josh Caulfield and Marcus Street for helping England U20s to win the Grand Slam. Fantastic achievement.

But neither part of the squad yesterday. As has been mentioned on a previous thread it is not the first time in the last 3 or 4 seasons that there have been no Chiefs in the U20s squad.

Clearly we have talented young players who the coaches take their time bringing through (the two Simmonds, Townsend and Bodilly for instance) so why are our players not getting U20 recognition?

I see that Ollie Dawe started every game of the U20 6 Nations Championship. Is he one that got away??... He was an age-group player at Exeter alongside Maunder and others but the coaches decided not to sign him to the academy (now at Bristol) despite England age-group recognition. Jack Stanley was another player we didn't sign up but is destined for a big future also.

MESSAGES->author
Re: U20s
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 07:44
Surely Jack Maunder would have featured if he had been kept at Chiefs to cover our injury problems.

OggyMan
OggyMan (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 09:36
Marcus Street is still a member of the England U18 Squad so did well to get promoted to U20s for some of the games.
I think powers that be thought Jack Maunder would gain more development playing Premiership 1st team at this time.

Keemosabay
Jack on the bench
Keemosabay (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 15:28
It occurs to me (having watched The Last Kingdom on BBC2 tv) that Eddie Jones doesn't approve of Jack taking the lead role in the week before a big game, and that's why he's on the bench.

PINGO
Re: Jack on the bench
PINGO (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 21:01
I know one man doesn't make a team but Jack was given no chance at all today!! I thought Eddie called them 'finishers' for a reason but Jack was given no chance and he's been proven to be a great finisher. Today's game was lost by Eddie's choices IMHO (Sm20)

OldWing
OldWing (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 12:42
Jack Maunder was a major part of the pre U20s publicity and so, as others have said, I assume he would have played if not required by Chiefs.

As for the other Jack, I think it's his latest hairstyle that's put him out of favour. My wife wondered what on earth he'd done with it this time! As for his late arrival on the pitch in Dublin, I think it would have taken more than him to steady the ship against the Irish storm.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Exeter Chiefs Poll

New Poll Soon

See results > Submit >>