rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Glaws in season opener.... ....next up it's Irish at Sandy Park ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Brent1
Final
Brent1 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 15:16
Well that's a first....tigers moaning about Chiefs scrummaging (from the last game...)

Foley wouldn't be my choice for this one either ....

Hey ho

Brent1
Re: Final
Brent1 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 15:42
Tigers have done their homework but the ref really isn't helping...

Anyway only ourselves to blame re intercept try

Come on X

Finally the ref gives a penalty to us for not rolling...

Let's get a score behalf half time and hope our tempo works in the 2nd half..

Too much chat to the ref still, captains only please

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 15:46
Card, really...on his way down...again harsh but let's hope luck turns

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 15:52
The two clubs different approaches to the final are reflected in the difference in the scoreline imo.

There is a gulf in class evident so far and with a strong wind to play into and more Tigers first teamers on the bench it doesn't look promising.
It isn't over yet but the first ten minutes will be key. If we keep them out with 14 it will be a huge boost but concede more points and it could be a long second half.....
Cmon Exe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/03/2017 15:53 by Zyder head.

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 16:05
2 missed kicks for Joe .. Unusual for him.... Tries then X

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 16:10
If nothing else Bo Diddly is class

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 16:13
Come on X we are playing all the rugby ....

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 16:15
Great defence X turn it round now...

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 16:23
Great shift Olly A

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 16:32
If we score before 70 then get back up here......

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 16:37
Some of the tactical decision making,whoever had those choices and made them has been shocking. Substitutions at the wrong time and not taking easy 3 points on offer.
Bizarre......

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 16:41
Quote:
Zyder head
Some of the tactical decision making,whoever had those choices and made them has been shocking. Substitutions at the wrong time and not taking easy 3 points on offer.
Bizarre......

Well put

That said fair play tigers defence but the ref is still a see you next Tuesday.

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 16:55
Sam Simmonds world class.

Hey ho see you in the last 4 tigers......or not

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 17:00
Fair play to the lads for putting up such a fight second half. The game was obviously lost first half but to fight back so well with mainly our braves side against so many of their first choice players in key positions shows how strong our squad is.
For our 3/4 th choice players against their experienced first team that was some performance second half into the wind. I hope some of the muddled decision making is not repeated.
Part of me wishes we had played more first teamers but hopefully the experience gained for the younger lads will be very valuable in the future.
Well played lads

incastrowetrust
Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 17:02
Quote:
Zyder head
Fair play to the lads for putting up such a fight second half. The game was obviously lost first half but to fight back so well with mainly our braves side against so many of their first choice players in key positions shows how strong our squad is.
For our 3/4 th choice players against their experienced first team that was some performance second half into the wind. I hope some of the muddled decision making is not repeated.
Part of me wishes we had played more first teamers but hopefully the experience gained for the younger lads will be very valuable in the future.
Well played lads

Hardly our first team.

goss8800
Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 17:09
We have to admit the Tigers where the better side today and deserved the win.

All our starting line up have some Prem experience so we have to stop saying this was a weak side we put out.

MESSAGES->author
Little Plums (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 17:23
Forgive me, but Ugo Monye was applauding Tigers for controlling the pace of the game, effectively slowing the pace and reducing the work/rest ratio. OK, Tigers won (or alternatively Chiefs lost the game?) but that didn't make for an entertaining spectacle and I thought that was the point of TV coverage. How about the broadcasters criticise teams for cynically walking to lineouts and running the clock down? These are professional sportsmen and should be fit enough to compete without having to slow the game down.

Congratulations to Tigers for exemplary defence and winning the silverware. Which reminds me, I don't understand any criticism of teams wanting to win the Anglo Welsh. I reiterate, these are professional sportsmen and they don't put their bodies on the line to lose, of course they want to win and any fans deriding the competition as somehow secondary are deluding themselves. I think Chiefs can hold their heads high for playing all the rugby with a team in the spirit of the competition.

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 17:28
I hardly buy the argument that our team on paper was no match for Leicester's. We possibly had the same number of first team starters in the pack (Holmes, Ewers and Salvi) as they did (Genge, Williams and McCaffrey), while you can't say the likes of Rimmer, Welch etc are not experienced!

We lost today to the better team. We made a few too many errors today and the intercept try in the end proved crucial. The team showed true grit and determination in the second half but ultimately our attack was no match for Leicester's defence. We had too many one out runners, which isn't how we ordinarily play. We relied a little too much on Ewers to put us on the front foot.

That being said there were some really good performances today... Ewers was superhuman (I hope he isn't spent because it would be great to see him in a back row with Armand and Waldrom next week)... Sam Simmonds continues to show real class (although not a big ball carrying no.8 his quick feet and speed helps him to make just as many metres as the best)... Bodilly was a threat all game. Every time he plays he makes breaks and half breaks. The way he played today he has to finally be given a chance in the first team.

Seal
Seal (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 17:42
By subjective estimates there were 3-5 first choice players in the starting Tigers team (Williams, McCaffrey, Burns, ~Genge, ~Betham), and 2 more on the bench (Youngs, Barrow). The rest were a mix of 2nd-4th choice.

6 players graduated from the Academy in the 23, with 17 academy graduates making appearances over this years tournament.

SOLOMON
SOLOMON (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 18:01
Weak bench to carry out a rescue

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net