rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs defeat Sale to maintain second place in the Prem ..... next up it's Bristol at Sandy Park ........ .... ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
Back to Business
Pinhoe_Chief (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 10:34
6N and AWC now gone so time to get focused on the Prem starting with Sale at home on Saturday. Personally hoping for a resounding win from the Chiefs.

Before that Bristol have Gloucester at home, my money is on Glaws.

Poking With Sticks
Re: Back to Business
Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 11:50
I hope Sam Simmonds gets some AP time. I reckon we can get more mileage out of Waldrom is Simmonds is coming off the bench at 60 (or vice versa).

Also I'd like to formally start the Bodilly for full-back bandwagon.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 11:58
Quote:
Poking With Sticks
I hope Sam Simmonds gets some AP time. I reckon we can get more mileage out of Waldrom is Simmonds is coming off the bench at 60 (or vice versa).
Also I'd like to formally start the Bodilly for full-back bandwagon.

Think Max needs to bulk up a bit but keep his speed, Sam is a great prospect but I believe his position is 7.

Hopefully Jack Nowell will be back for the Sale game, he hardly had any game time on Saturday. Would also like to see a back row of Waldrom, Ewers and Armand with Salvi on the bench, Parling and Lees second row with Dennis or Hill on the bench.

Exeforever
Exeforever (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 12:14
If Steeno is back I'd give Bodilly a run out at 13 with Henry at 12. Alternatively play Max at 11 as we need somebody fast but with good D to counter Solomona; in which case why not play Turner at 15 and Dolly at 13? This assumes that Campo won't be fit for Saturday. Presumably Stu Townsend will start at 9 which IMHO he thoroughly deserves, he was outstanding against Leicester in the league game

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 14:50
If Steeno not fit, Henry at 10, Ollie Devoto at 12, Sam Hill 13, Nowell 11, Short 14, Dollman 15. Whitten and Bodily on the bench.

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 17:49
I too would like to see both Bodilly and Simmonds given opportunities in the first team squad.

Depending on whether Steenson is fit then Henry will start at 10 or 12. If 10 then I expect Devoto to start. Assuming Campagnaro is not yet fit then I would expect Whitten to start. I therefore hope that's Bodilly to ask the 23 jersey and cover centre, wing and full back (however who misses out.. Short or Woodburn!). Dollman has been so solid for us for so long but I do believe that Turner and Bodilly offer more of a threat to defences.

I also hope Ewers is fit to start and gets the nod. He was superhuman against Leicester. If Ewers, Armand and Waldrom start then I would expect Dennis or Simmonds to take the bench spot. It would be unlucky on Salvi but the other two offer more from the bench.

The only questions are over whether Francis will be fit to start or spent from his actions on the weekend and whether Short will continue to play or rest and Woodburn take the left wing berth.

I would personally like to see Nowell, Short and Woodburn in the same back. Woodburn is best when he starts on the right wing and our best player in the air. Short has to play for his try scoring ability and Nowell our best attacking threat.

I expect/ hope to see the following team on Saturday:

15 Phil DOLLMAN
14 Jack NOWELL
13 Ian WHITTEN
12 Henry SLADE
11 James SHORT
10 Gareth STEENSON
9 Stuart TOWNSEND

1 Ben MOON
2 Luke COWAN-DICKIE
3 Tomas FRANCIS
4 Mitch LEES
5 Geoff PARLING
6 Dave EWERS
7 Don ARMAND
8 Thomas WALDROM

16 Jack YEANDLE
17 Carl RIMMER
18 Harry WILLIAMS
19 Jonny HILL
20 Sam SIMMONDS
21 Jack MAUNDER
22 Ollie DEVOTO
23 Max BODILLY

Wampum
Wampum (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 09:54
Where's Woodburn then?

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 19:27
Exactly! It's really hard trying to pick a 23. In that backline there's no Woodburn, Turner, Hill, Campagnaro... If I had my choice I would pick Short, Woodburn and Nowell in the back three with Nowell at full back.

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 20:35
Nowell
Short
Campagnaro
S Hill
Woodburn
Slade
Townsend

Moon
LCD
Williams
Lees
J Hill
Ewers
Salvi
Armand

Rimmer
Yeandle
Francis
Atkins
Maunder
Stevenson
Whitten
Waldrom

For me, but who ever gets picked I hope we stick with them for the run in, and not change for charge sake

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 20:56
15. Lachie Turner
14. Jack Nowell
13. Ian Whitten
12. Henry Slade
11. James Short
10. Gareth Steenson
9. Stu Townsend

1. Ben Moon
2. Jack Yeandle
3. Tom Francis
4. Mitch Lees
5. Geoff Parling
6. Dave Ewers
7. Don Armand
8. Thomas Waldrom

16. Luke Cowan-Dickie
17. Carl Rimmer
18. Harry williams
19. Johnny Hill
20. Sam Simmons
21. Jack Maunder
22. Ollie Devoto
23. Phil Dollman

Does anyone know how Sam Skinner is? Pretty sure it was Sam on crutches after the AW Final?

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

paulg_chief
paulg_chief (IP Logged)
23 March, 2017 00:16
It was Sam Skinner on crutches after the game. He was in considerable discomfort with what looked like a knee injury late on. Hopefully it looked worse than it turns out to be.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Exeter Chiefs Poll

New Poll Soon

See results > Submit >>