rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs defeat Glaws and earn a home Semifinal ..... next up it's Sarries at Sandy Park ........ .... ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......


Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner
 

MESSAGES->author
Price of a Pint at the Stoop
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 16:05
The gate was down for the final because Quins didn't make it but did they try to make up for the lost revenue by charging £5 for a pint of Heineken in a plain plastic glass! Daylight robbery!

 
big chopper
Re: Price of a Pint at the Stoop
big chopper (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 16:13
The burgers were £7 too!

 
Tiverton Brave
Re: Price of a Pint at the Stoop
Tiverton Brave (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 16:36
rubbish IPA @ £4.50 too and chips £3 for about 10!!
I thought we were hard done by at SP.
I suppose all the Quins supporters are wealthy Bankers - or have I spelt that wrong?? smiling smiley

 
OldWing
Re: Price of a Pint at the Stoop
OldWing (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 17:26
Oh no, don't tell me that, after all these years of discussion, it turns out pints and pasties at Sandy Park are reasonably priced!

More seriously, watching the TV highlights all I could see were empty seats. I know some of you were there, but presumably not very many. Given that tickets were selling at 2-4-1 ahead of the event, I can't imagine it made money for anyone. Presumably a rethink of where the final is staged is in order or, as is suggested elsewhere, a fundamental rethink of the whole AW cup competition. I for one find the current format impenetrable.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: Price of a Pint at the Stoop
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 18:00
Both ends of the ground were roped off with the large Chief shirt at one end and a Tigers flag the other. The stand opposite us was 70% full and ours sounded pretty full. What can you expect hen one team is nigh on 200 miles away for a Sunday televised game. I enjoyed the rugby but stopped drinking their beer after 2 pints! Thank goodness for my hip flask of Balvinnie (we stayed over so driving we not problem)!

 
Kimimela
Re: Price of a Pint at the Stoop
Kimimela (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 18:16
£4.50-£5 a pint is what we paid for the Prem clash at the end of last season. Standard London prices I'm afraid. Can't comment on the food at the ground but the kebab house in Twickenham town centre is always worth a visit when in town!

 
Chief RedWine
Re: Price of a Pint at the Stoop
Chief Redwine (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:26
The red wine was execrable. And no, that is not some exotic Chilean offering.

 
Poking With Sticks
Re: Price of a Pint at the Stoop
Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 22:07
They'd run out of the Mouton Rothschild 2009 before half-time.

I'm afraid £5 is just what you pay for beer in London. Pity those of us who spend a lot of time there...

 
Blue feather
Re: Price of a Pint at the Stoop
Blue feather (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 13:54
Quote:
OldWing
Oh no, don't tell me that, after all these years of discussion, it turns out pints and pasties at Sandy Park are reasonably priced!
More seriously, watching the TV highlights all I could see were empty seats. I know some of you were there, but presumably not very many. Given that tickets were selling at 2-4-1 ahead of the event, I can't imagine it made money for anyone. Presumably a rethink of where the final is staged is in order or, as is suggested elsewhere, a fundamental rethink of the whole AW cup competition. I for one find the current format impenetrable.
+1
Let's forget about 'Developement' theme, 4 pools of 5 playing in their 'pool':- 12 Prem, 4 Welsh, 4 (2-5) of Championship from previous season, then same as European cup format = 4 pool games, 1 Qtr, 1 semi, 1 Final. I.e. Just one more round. Then up to clubs to decide their priorities with spread size etc.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: Price of a Pint at the Stoop
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2017 03:00
Quote:
Tiverton Brave
rubbish IPA @ £4.50 too and chips £3 for about 10!!
I thought we were hard done by at SP.
I suppose all the Quins supporters are wealthy Bankers - or have I spelt that wrong?? smiling smiley

London Prices are London Prices!

Go to any event in the capital & you will see that!

If you compare "LIKE WITH LIKE" down here in the south west - you will see that SP prices are in a league of their own!

Of course, not everyone will accept that fact...but these are probably the same people that still believe Elvis is alive & that Shergar was Kidnapped by Aliens!



Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

 
Chiefs
Re: Price of a Pint at the Stoop
Chiefs (IP Logged)
24 March, 2017 09:27
Quote:
Chief Redwine
The red wine was execrable.

OK, hands up..........I had to look that one up!

 
OldWing
Re: Price of a Pint at the Stoop
OldWing (IP Logged)
24 March, 2017 10:44
Quote:
PhilW2010
Quote:
Tiverton Brave
rubbish IPA @ £4.50 too and chips £3 for about 10!!
I thought we were hard done by at SP.
I suppose all the Quins supporters are wealthy Bankers - or have I spelt that wrong?? smiling smiley

Of course, not everyone will accept that fact...but these are probably the same people that still believe Elvis is alive & that Shergar was Kidnapped by Aliens!

Dear Phil

I know that you have a reputation - at least in some eyes - for making controversial statements. However, suggesting that Elvis is anything other than alive and well and living in Exmouth is going too far. As it happens, I saw him out riding Shergar along the beach the other day.

Regards

Glenn Miller

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: Price of a Pint at the Stoop
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
24 March, 2017 10:51
Quote:
OldWing
Quote:
PhilW2010
Quote:
Tiverton Brave
rubbish IPA @ £4.50 too and chips £3 for about 10!!
I thought we were hard done by at SP.
I suppose all the Quins supporters are wealthy Bankers - or have I spelt that wrong?? smiling smiley

Of course, not everyone will accept that fact...but these are probably the same people that still believe Elvis is alive & that Shergar was Kidnapped by Aliens!

Dear Phil

I know that you have a reputation - at least in some eyes - for making controversial statements. However, suggesting that Elvis is anything other than alive and well and living in Exmouth is going too far. As it happens, I saw him out riding Shergar along the beach
the other day.

Regards

Glenn Miller

Excellent OW, made me smile after reading such depressing news of late, well done!

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: Price of a Pint at the Stoop
Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
24 March, 2017 19:46
But Elvis is alive Phil.He came on in the second half last week!!



-------------------------------------------------------
I drink and i know things...(Tyrion Lannister)

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: Price of a Pint at the Stoop
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2017 21:02
Quote:
OldWing
Quote:
PhilW2010
Quote:
Tiverton Brave
rubbish IPA @ £4.50 too and chips £3 for about 10!!
I thought we were hard done by at SP.
I suppose all the Quins supporters are wealthy Bankers - or have I spelt that wrong?? smiling smiley

Of course, not everyone will accept that fact...but these are probably the same people that still believe Elvis is alive & that Shergar was Kidnapped by Aliens!

Dear Phil

I know that you have a reputation - at least in some eyes - for making controversial statements. However, suggesting that Elvis is anything other than alive and well and living in Exmouth is going too far. As it happens, I saw him out riding Shergar along the beach the other day.

Regards

Glenn Miller

Dear Glenn.

When you are in the mood - Your writing, whit & humour are almost as good as your Music !

With Kind Regards.

Phil Silvers.



Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

 
Chiefs
Re: Price of a Pint at the Stoop
Chiefs (IP Logged)
25 March, 2017 08:27
I think you are all a bunch of f#####g sad b######s, who need to get a f#####g life you load of A##holes.

Sid Vicious.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: Price of a Pint at the Stoop
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
25 March, 2017 10:37
Well Sid,

I think we should take a walk together...along Exmouth beach.
And we should cherish every moment of that time together.
I think we should both Cherish the love & the life we have.

Lots of Love, Hugs & Kisses.

Kool.



Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Exeter Chiefs Poll

New Poll Soon

See results > Submit >>

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?