rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs defeat Wasps at Twickemham to lift the Premiership title ..... Champions 2017.... .... ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

PINGO
Philadelphia
PINGO (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:13
So Falcons "home" game in September against Sarries is to be played in the USA. Heck of an experience I don't doubt and I'm sure the clubs account for this in the Season Ticket packages BUT...............

C'mon, this is a domestic UK fixture. How would we feel if (when?) Exe are put into a position of putting on a display to encourage the U.S. to play more rugby? I've no problem with promotional matches being put on in the states but for me a normal league fixture over the seas is a (Sm20)

andy15
Re: Philadelphia
andy15 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:20
I hope we never go down this route a total insult to Newcastle supporters driven by money and nothing else

bilvers
17 May, 2017 20:53
Quote:
andy15
I hope we never go down this route a total insult to Newcastle supporters driven by money and nothing else

Totally agree, whilst I agree it's great to spread the popularity of the game,let the Unions do it not clubs

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 21:17
Falcons lose 2M per year, which needs to be considered when moralising about a money driven decision. That said, I agree, I hope we never get invited to play a domestic league match overseas.

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 22:07
Or anything like it including 'big games' at Twickenham etc.

Kimimela
Kimimela (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 22:59
A bit of a coincidence that Sarries get to play in the US for the second year on the trot?? Might the influence be more from their camp leaving Newcastle with no choice but to roll with it?

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 12:17
I thought this post was about soft cheese!

Bboonie
Bboonie (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 12:27
Quote:
A bit of a coincidence that Sarries get to play in the US for the second year on the trot?

Wrong, nothing this season.

Quote:
Might the influence be more from their camp leaving Newcastle with no choice but to roll with it?

Probably nearer the mark. I think we turned down this year's match (LI were the original 'Contracted' side but were relegated) option.

Personally, as a Sarrie, I'm gutted at missing out.........

........going to Kingston Park.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Exeter Chiefs Poll

New Poll Soon

See results > Submit >>