rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs win away at Sale.. ....next up it's Saints in AW Cup at Sandy Park ........ ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Footy Chief
Armand and Devoto off to Argentina
Footy Chief (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 15:49
Confusingly though LCD isn't on the tour list after previously being named!! Must be injured?

mumsquaw
Re: Armand and Devoto off to Argentina
mumsquaw (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 16:39
LCD is listed as 'not available for selection ' so maybe picked up a knock Saturday, unless they've smuggled him aboard the plane to New Zealand!!!

OldWing
OldWing (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 16:55
Harry Williams, Jack Maunder and Henry Slade also going - so 5 Chiefs in the party, which is not bad at all. There are, I think, only two matches and so the tourists shouldn't be too overworked. I just hope they come back in one piece as the Argentinians are a pretty tough bunch.

MESSAGES->author
carparkman (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 17:54
LCD has to have surgery on his leg.

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 18:48
As a Bath fan I am delighted for Devoto (who we should have held onto).

As an England fan I believe that we will need Armand's experience in support of Robshaw.

well done to both.

PG

ukms
ukms (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 19:46
Both well deserved !! Particularly Armand IMHO ..... LCD is being replaced by Tommy Taylor also well deserved smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 19:47
shame for LCD -hopefully a planned tidy up op, rather than something more. He has been unlucky with injuries getting in the way of his international aspirations.

Finally some well earned reward for Don -he has been so good for so long, it always infuriates me to see Tom Wood picked over him, so a bit of karma to have the roles reversed.

Pleased for Devoto too -again, he has been very good in the last quarter of the season, and hopefully there is a lot more to come from him next season.

Being selfish, I'm pleased we have 5-6 England players rather than the 6-7 Lions Sarries have, as the Lions tour is going to take so much more out of the players, which I expect to have an impact into next season.

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 20:42
Great reward for both for very good seasons.
Don especially is one of if not the first names on the team sheet for us and I have always been pretty perplexed that he has not been picked in at least a squad given his flexibility,versatility and most of all his consistency!
He is not a traditional 7 but given Eddie Jones doesn't favour playing an out and out 7 and likes at least one flanker that jumps (presumably his reasoning for not picking Big Dave previously) you won't find many better than Don given he regularly plays second row?
He has his chance now and I am sure he will take it.
Ollie has been very consistent and regularly gets us over the gain line and is a real handful to the opposition. I thought he was excellent again Saturday and his defence has improved massively since he first arrived.
I am certain he will make a big impression on tour (as long as he doesn't throw any intercept passes....) lol.
Good luck to all the Chiefs on that tour as it will be a tough one.
Will be especially interesting to see how young Jack gets on

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 20:56
Wow - congrats to both of those players

benjbath
benjbath (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 23:36
Why was young maunder not playing in either the semi or the final? Stu and chudley are very good players, but as EQP it can't be that they were ahead in the pecking order can it? Chuffed for armand especially. A truly standout performer week in, week out.

Footy Chief
Footy Chief (IP Logged)
30 May, 2017 07:19
Personally and it's only an opinion but I think Eddie Jones named Mainder before he'd really seen Townsend in action, at the minute I consider Townsend ahead in his development

dwhite805
dwhite805 (IP Logged)
30 May, 2017 10:37
As Olly D has leap-forged Henry Slade in Baxter's selections will he do the same for Eddie?

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
30 May, 2017 14:04
Quote:
dwhite805
As Olly D has leap-forged Henry Slade in Baxter's selections will he do the same for Eddie?
Squad rotation and the ability to cover more than one position is probably the reason why Henry has been on the bench. Also we wanted two big centres busting through the middle in both the semi and the final and Ollie and Whits give us that in spades. Ollie was brilliant on Saturday and his out the back pass to Dolly was sublime!

OldWing
OldWing (IP Logged)
30 May, 2017 16:15
Having looked at the season's stats on the Prem Rugby website, I'm even more surprised / disappointed than I was before that Ollie Woodburn isn't going out to Argentina. He seems to be well up the list for loads of things. It's difficult to see what more he could have done.

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
30 May, 2017 16:54
IMO it would have been nice for Jack Maunder to go the U20 World Cup and Townsend to start for England with Slade and Devoto by his side.

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
01 June, 2017 10:36
Who wants to hear what Eddie Jones said about Don Armand?

Quote:
Devonlive
"He has got to improve his workrate for us," Jones said. "That's something we will be talking to him about. He is a good strong player, good lineout skills but we would like to see a higher workrate so will be chatting to him about that."
[www.devonlive.com]

Was Eddie not watching on Saturday? (Sm55)

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
01 June, 2017 11:52
Quote:
Tom A Hawk
Who wants to hear what Eddie Jones said about Don Armand?
Quote:
Devonlive
"He has got to improve his workrate for us," Jones said. "That's something we will be talking to him about. He is a good strong player, good lineout skills but we would like to see a higher workrate so will be chatting to him about that."
[www.devonlive.com]

Was Eddie not watching on Saturday? (Sm55)

If you didn't laugh you would cry......
Unbelievable.
You can't argue with Eddie Jones results as England Coach but I wish he would keep his mouth shut sometimes.......

HonkyTonk
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
02 June, 2017 03:47
Do you not think sometimes Jones says things just to keep players on their toes?? I also think that sometimes what he says in the papers/press may be different to what is said to players in private. He seems a clever bloke to me and knows exactly what he is doing. If he was not happy with Armand he would not be going to Argentina.

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
02 June, 2017 10:45
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Do you not think sometimes Jones says things just to keep players on their toes?? I also think that sometimes what he says in the papers/press may be different to what is said to players in private. He seems a clever bloke to me and knows exactly what he is doing. If he was not happy with Armand he would not be going to Argentina.

I totally agree with you about why he says things like that but when you read the interview so much of it is BS that it makes EJ look stupid when he is undoubtedly a clever bloke.
EJ has done a brilliant job with England no one can argue with that but the paper talk and BS in interviews etc I personally don't like and it doesn't benefit all players imo.

HonkyTonk
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
02 June, 2017 15:29
Fair point, personally i think it it more Jones having a bit of fun with what he says. I take quite a bit of what he says with a pinch of salt

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net