rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs defeat Wasps at Twickemham to lift the Premiership title ..... Champions 2017.... .... ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
Tomas Francis..... Exeter's second Lion
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 06:48
In his first set of additions to the Lions squad Gatland has called up Tomas Francis, Along with Cory Hill, Kristian Dacey and Gareth Davies...

[www.lionsrugby.com]

Whilst I approve of Francis getting called up, Can't help but feel that there is perhaps players from Ireland, Scotland and England feeling more than a little disappointed at this....

Scuff
Re: Tomas Francis..... Exeter's second Lion
Scuff (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 07:03
Scotland have had Finn Russell and Allan Dell called up too. I can't have been paying attention in the 6N as I don't ever remember hearing Dell's name. Doubt those were the 6 next names on the Lions list though, and makes me believe that Gatland has his test 23 firmly in mind.
Francis did well against Tonga yesterday I thought and the very best of luck to him in NZ.

Chickamauga
Chickamauga (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 07:12
Well done Tom. Other countries' players to be called up once their matches are over this weekend.

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 07:24
Quote:
Scuff
Scotland have had Finn Russell and Allan Dell called up too.

Can't find anything official on that announcement. Got a source or Citation?

Scuff
Scuff (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 07:44

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 11:00
Gatland thumbs up

Very poor. Whilst I don't disagree with the premise of keeping players fresh for the first test, either cancel the Chiefs match, or call it an Lions select invitational side.

Devalues the shirt, even if they are only there for a week as suggested.

I would not be happy if I was paying good money to watch the Chiefs v Lions match

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 14:14
Congratulations Tom but those four are definitely eyebrow raisers at Lions level.

Still, best Lions performance of the tour this morning so Gatland's doing something right!

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
18 June, 2017 08:54
Jack starts against the Chiefs with Francis on the Bench

British and Irish Lions: 15 Liam Williams, 14 Jack Nowell, 13 Jared Payne, 12 Robbie Henshaw, 11 Elliot Daly, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Greig Laidlaw, 8 CJ Stander, 7 Justin Tipuric, 6 James Haskell, 5 Courtney Lawes, 4 Iain Henderson, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Rory Best (c), 1 Joe Marler

Replacements: 16 Kristian Dacey, 17 Allan Dell, 18 Tomas Francis, 19 Cory Hill, 20 Alun Wyn Jones, 21 Gareth Davies, 22 Finn Russell, 23 Tommy Seymour

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Exeter Chiefs Poll

New Poll Soon

See results > Submit >>