rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Tigers.... ....next up it's Falcons at Sandy Park ........ ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Peter Ord
Lions shirt devalued
18 June, 2017 10:47
As much as I congratulate the players pulled into the Lions squad for the two remaining midweek games I cannot believe it has actually happened. The game may have gone professional but the burning desire of every player is to make the Lions team on merit. The desire is no different than wanting to play for your local club's first team and the only thing I can personally equate it to was when, as a schoolboy, I failed to make the Lancashire side because a certain Tony Neary was better than me. There was no bench to warm up in those days so there was no second chances. I was gutted but that's life though at least Nero was better than me and it wasn't A N Other who just happened to be passing by.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Lions shirt devalued
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
18 June, 2017 11:47
Personally Iam going to reserve judgement until after the Lions have been whitewashed......

But also I do in some respects understand with Gatland's decision to bring in players based on Geography, But it also shows either how dis-organized he is or that he had a pre-existing agenda. An organized coach or a coach without an agenda would have brought in someone with the quality of Launchbury a week ago making jet lag a meaningless excuse....

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
18 June, 2017 11:59
I love David Flatmans tweet, he reckons he failed to become a Lion because he was geographically naive! Heavy Welsh bias and a belated attempt to placate the Scots. Hard to take the players of the quality of Jonny Gray and Joe Launchbury were not selected in the final place and then ignored again!

Chief Milbury Farm
Two Moons (IP Logged)
20 June, 2017 14:22
I hope that todays match and the genuine use of the infamous six as bench cover for injuries / sin bins has answered this little question. The only player to make it onto the pitch was Alan Dell, or would you have preferred the match to go to uncontested scrums.

Gatland has demonstrated he had no intention of these extra players having the opportunity to play their way into the test series.

Now lets get back to supporting the Lions and looking forward to breakfast with Rob.

RugbyMarvel
RugbyMarvel (IP Logged)
28 June, 2017 10:06
I have put my thoughts together on this topic/the Hurricanes game here;

[rugbymarvel.wordpress.com]

Hope you have a read and enjoy.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
28 June, 2017 10:55
What a ridiculous situation, putting all six on the bench and then only using them if someone was injured or HIA'd. Cost us the game, Hurricanes used their bench and the fresh legs battered a tiring team in the last 15 minutes, 10 of which they were down to 14 men.
Can't see how Garland can effectively use any of those who played in Saturday's test apart from Lawes who was substituted early in the second half!
Feel sorry for the six, they should have had their feet up on a beach prior to returning to their clubs for pre-season training.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net