rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs win away at Sale.. ....next up it's Saints in AW Cup at Sandy Park ........ ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
thechiefstribe.com
Season Openers
thechiefstribe.com (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 12:28
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Blue feather
Re: Season Openers
Blue feather (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 12:32
London Irish at Sandy Park would be a nice start.

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 12:42
Don't mind who it is.......But if we are not home there is going to be trouble!

StewardSaffin
Little MissChief (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 14:04
I hope this isn't what happens but I do wonder whether we will be thrown into HQ as defending champions against the newly promoted London Irish & Sarries v Quins in other London double header.

Littledeepea
Otter Supper (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 16:17
I know we asked for an away match, when we were probably due a home game in the season when we laid the new pitch, (14/15 15/16) but we should still be given a home game this coming season.

I do not like the idea of us being included in the LDH. Given that there are now only 2 London teams in the PL, unless those 2 teams are the home teams it should not happen.

If, hopefully, we start at home (given that Sarries & Quins will be in the LDH) I would like to see Saints, Tigers, Sharks or Falcons at SP.

We need to be against a team who will stretch us and tell us that even though we are the Premiership Champions we have no right to win any game.

A win against any of those will instil some confidence and give the boys a better start than last year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2017 16:19 by Otter Supper.

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 10:04
So it's Gloucester away , Friday 1st September.

Premiership Champions rewarded with an away Friday evening opening game!

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 10:28
Friday away as our opener! What a shame we couldn't have had Glaws at our place.

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 10:44
@#%&!
Start the season with another effing jaunt up the M5 on a Friday!
When do the schools go back? I am sure it is the Monday after just to complete the misery........

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 12:19
(Sm31)Incandescent with rage.(Sm31)

StewardSaffin
07 July, 2017 13:39
Quote:
Zyder head
@#%&!
Start the season with another effing jaunt up the M5 on a Friday!
When do the schools go back? I am sure it is the Monday after just to complete the misery........

Yep they all return on Mon 4th Sep!

StewardSaffin
07 July, 2017 13:40
Well that was my theory blown out of the water! Lol

Littledeepea
Otter Supper (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 14:44
Could be down to BT wanting to open the season with the reigning champions and we don't play at home on Friday evenings.

Hoping I'm not going to jinx the boys but looking at the 1st 3 games, (Glaws A, Irish H and Wuss A) I'm hoping that we have a much better start to this season than last and give the team confidence for the 4th game, at home to Wasps.

Looking at the fixtures I think that we can get ourselves into a really good position before going to Sarries at the end of November. After last season no team scares me now.

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 17:01
That is a really tough opening fixture (I know all games are)! Glos will be really up for this especially given we best them in the same fixture on the last day of the regular season.

Would be good if Kvesic is up and running and shows them what they're missing!! I think he can become a seriously high class player for us.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 17:57
I'd rather be playing Glaws at their place on a firm, fast track early doors rather than in the dead of winter when their cabbage patch of a pitch resembles a ploughed field!
Rather like our performance in the final last season when we learned from our mistakes of the the previous season's final and came out on top, we must learn from our poor start last season and play like the Champions of England carrying on our unbeaten run!

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 19:53
How does our two games against Saracens line up with international games?

paulg_chief
paulg_chief (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 22:46
Quote:
Lowerwatha
I'd rather be playing Glaws at their place on a firm, fast track early doors rather than in the dead of winter when their cabbage patch of a pitch resembles a ploughed field!
Rather like our performance in the final last season when we learned from our mistakes of the the previous season's final and came out on top, we must learn from our poor start last season and play like the Champions of England carrying on our unbeaten run!

At the Fixture Brunch today [iro 300 in attendance] Rob said players' comments on returning to training included want to win it differently this year, looking like potential champions from day one.

Fingers, and everything else, crossed that they can continue the phenomenal record from last season. One thing I'm sure of is win or lose, they will have given their all and they'll learn from it.

jo
jojo (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 22:11
Is there a good reason why Chiefs don't play at home on a Friday evening?

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 05:34
Quote:
jojo
Is there a good reason why Chiefs don't play at home on a Friday evening?

I believe the police block Friday night games on traffic congestion grounds as we are on top of the M5.
It makes sense as the M5 is like a car park on Friday's, especially during the summer holidays!

Viho
Viho (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 08:05
Quins away at the Stoop is the same day as Army v Navy at Twickers!

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 10:05
There's also an issue with Sandy Park being an active conference/meeting facility on a Friday

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net