rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs beat Bath and stay at the top.. ....next up it's Leinster at Sandy Park..... ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Blue feather
Re: Season Openers
Blue feather (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 11:08
Got the First home game right and nearly won the raffle at the announcement brunch (mine was the next ticket down!)

chieftain
Chieftain (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 21:19
Quote:
Zyder head
Quote:
jojo
Is there a good reason why Chiefs don't play at home on a Friday evening?

I believe the police block Friday night games on traffic congestion grounds as we are on top of the M5.
It makes sense as the M5 is like a car park on Friday's, especially during the summer holidays!
Yea but the rugby season doesn't start until the schools go back (bar the first weekend) so it's a bit of a nonsense really. I don't like Friday nigh rugby but I dislike Sundays eVen more so the club should appeal to the council/highways to allow Friday night games at SP

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 21:36
Fridays won't happen because it would lose a day's business at Sandy Park. I don't think school holidays would make too much difference as the majority of traffic goes past on the M way. Even without holiday trafic the exodus from Sowton Industrial estate causes chaos most evenings at the junction with Friday worst of all.

Rugby_travel
Rugby_travel (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 10:12
Hope you don't mind me posting on here but I was just wondering if anyone who is involved in a local rugby club might be interested in going on a weekend tour to watch Exeter play away and then play a local rugby club on the other day.

If you are interested the link below has some more information smiling smiley

Follow your team on tour

matelot22
matelot22 (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 10:29
Quote:
Viho
Quins away at the Stoop is the same day as Army v Navy at Twickers!

Pretty sure they'll move it to Friday or Sunday. Wasps had the same fixture last season and it got moved to Friday.

Viho
Viho (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 12:13
Maybe but it is the last game of the season and normally they are all played at the same time on the Saturday

matelot22
matelot22 (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 11:03
Quote:
Viho
Maybe but it is the last game of the season and normally they are all played at the same time on the Saturday

D'oh!!! DIdn't realise it was the last day this year.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net