rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Glaws in season opener.... ....next up it's Irish at Sandy Park ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Chief black hat
No cash needed
Chief black hat (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 17:47
So we don't need to take cash tomorrow if we want to eat or drink!
Quicker - season ticket for 5% discount then 1 deposit for the 'glass' then your contactless card!!
Be interesting to see what the food and drink turnover will be! Will baffle our visitors and a lot of our own supporters.
Last minute details on the website seems a bit short notice plus having to pay 40 if you want the so-called 'official' tribe site.

MESSAGES->author
Re: No cash needed
Tribester (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 18:06
Yes a bit last minute, and I wasn't aware until reading this post, so thanks.

Fortunately my new debit card is 'contactless' where as my last one wasn't and I would only have had cash on me.

Is it right they won't accept cash at the bars? Chiefs website does indeed say '' Across our 13 match-day bars and all of our food outlets, we will now only be offering contactless payment '' only contactless.

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 18:19
Now the club email has arrived

here

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 18:23
wondering how many souvenir mugs I will end up with by the end of the season (Sm6) Already have a cupboard full at home from HQ etc.

They look good though. (Sm152)

b.q.f.m
b.q.f.m (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 21:27
Visiting tomorrow. Can anyone confirm if they will take cash or not? It certainly appears to say only contactless but surely they must take cash or risk losing lots of sales, mine included I do not have a contactless card.

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 21:52
They may be a few shocks on there way when the statements come in, "I spent house much?"
Maybe the club is trying to hide the fact how ridiculously expensive it is getting. Trying to get rid of a ticket and people saying "I cant afford to go there".

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 21:52
why would you not be able to pay by cash!

Chickamauga
Chickamauga (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 22:01
My guess is that this is another badly worded message, and that what they really mean is that any card payments must be contactless, rather than all payments being by contactless card. We'll find out tomorrow...

Little Minnie
Little Minnie (IP Logged)
08 September, 2017 22:12
OMG! Just reading this! I have a contactless card but this is simply ridiculous!! What is wrong with cash???? So stupid!

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
09 September, 2017 05:09
Contactless is only authorised up to 30 (or about 3 pints)....so the card facility will need to remain and I can't believe cash will be turned away

Peter Ord
09 September, 2017 07:57
I have now finally moved into my new teepee and watched Sandbach play as well as enjoying a couple of pints. No contactless, no cash just good old fashioned bartering. It worked quite well until I discovered I'd drank a little more than I thought an now have six are to wash before my bar bill is settled.

TqyAndy
TqyAndy (IP Logged)
09 September, 2017 12:38
1 deposit to go with the 30p per pint increase. Cheers 🍻

MESSAGES->author
SpookyChiefette (IP Logged)
09 September, 2017 12:44
I can report that Chunk pasties were happy to take my proffered cash and confirmed discount for season ticket

Wake up and smell the Chiefs!

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
09 September, 2017 13:15
All outlets are taking cash, cards and contactless.

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
09 September, 2017 20:18
And it's a DEPOSIT, you can get it back if you take your empty pot back at the end of your drinking.

Look at the positives for God's sake. You will be helping massively to reduce the human impact on the planet by nit chucking your disposable bit of plastic in the bin or on the floor.

Welsh Chief
Welsh Chief (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 07:43
Quote:
Geronimo Jim
And it's a DEPOSIT, you can get it back if you take your empty pot back at the end of your drinking.
Look at the positives for God's sake. You will be helping massively to reduce the human impact on the planet by nit chucking your disposable bit of plastic in the bin or on the floor.

I liked the deposit per glass scheme and thought it worked fine. You could swap glasses every round and it stopped mass littering at the end of the game which made the ground look so scruffy. I had no problem paying with cash or card either.

Chief RedWine
Chief Redwine (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 13:39
Reminds me of when we were kids way, way back in the '60s when pop bottles could be returned for a few pence. Us kids were very good at scouring Priestfield Stadium post-match to supplement our pocket money. Always a few people who couldn't be bothered to get their money back.

PINGO
PINGO (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 20:47
Several glasses scattered between SP and Digby station and Mrs P saw 2 or 3 being thrown into the bins at the stadium. Fully support this way of doing things and was glad to walk out of North D without worrying about tripping on 400 dozen plastic glasses (we do like to keep our throats lubricated in North D (Sm100)) but I think that they need to put in specific return points for glasses to make it obvious. I'm not the most travelled but it work at HQ and at Franklins.

OldWing
OldWing (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 21:03
There were at least two well signed return points to which several entrepreneurial youngsters were taking large numbers of the glasses - a good addition to the pocket money!

PINGO
PINGO (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 21:38
Oh Ok, didn't notice them last week but will look harder next Sun.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net