rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Glaws in season opener.... ....next up it's Irish at Sandy Park ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
Chiefs v Wuss
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 19:06
Watched the Wuss game against Wasps this afternoon.
Lost their tighthead in the first minute with a suspected broken ankle and Wasps were dominant in the scrum all game but their line out was rubbish. Warriors also lost their scrum half Heathcote after an HIA and he could miss the game on Friday. Ben Teo, their most effective back, also went off injured. They were still in the game until the last 10 minutes at 10-10 but shipped two tries to deny them even a bonus point!
The short turn round should help us, they put up a spirited display but if we are still in it at the final 20, we should win!

Snider
Re: Chiefs v Wuss
Snider (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 20:32
I can't see why we are we playing on Friday night if the game is not being televised?

Still, another day's holiday booked and a trip up the M5 in the diary!

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 21:39
Nor can any wuss fans snider.

We have just played a very good wasps side on a sunday (no fault of the club - a Bt sport decision) but then we decide to put our game vs you on a Friday - giving us just four full days of recovery. It's mad but unfortunately completely in character with the amateur way the club has been ran for 10 or so years.

We don't actually have a saturday 3pm home premiership game this side of christmas which has annoyed lots.

Our injuries our mounting. Missing for our game vs you will probably be pennell, mills, spencer, olivier, denton, Heathcote, Schonert, mama, baldwin, teo (?), hougaard is then away with south Africa. Other than baldwin they are all starters so we are utterly depleted. Could be a big, big win for exeter

Chief RedWine
Chief Redwine (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 07:51
Worcester lineout was excellent up until the point Donncha O'Callaghan went off. Wasps then got the upper hand. Lesson for us, try and run the old boy into the ground so he goes off earlier. Great player.

I'm still not absolutely sure if scheduling is a club's decision by the way, I seem to recall that someone told me it is dictated by Prem Rugby? Whatever, I couldn't believe it when I checked the listings. I had automatically assumed that as it was a Friday night this was the televised game. Four day turnaround is brutal; and just plain wrong in my not so humble opinion.

OldWing
OldWing (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 10:38
I don't get to many away matches, but I do always try to get to the Worcester game. I'll be heading up there on Wednesday so as to make a long weekend of it. The timing does seem to be rather odd and certainly does the Warriors no favours. I note their lengthy injury list, but against that we can stack our own missing starters and I think honours would be even. As I noted on another thread, injuries to key players are now a big part of the game and teams have to have sufficient strength in depth to cope. We've done pretty well despite some major losses of personnel and I hope we have enough in us to continue our hex over Warriors; another win will be more than handy.

Scuff
Scuff (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 14:42
Maybe the wuss thinking is to have a full week to prepare for Glos away? Can't think of any other reason you'd chose a 4 day turnaround. But it seems pretty mad.

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 18:20
I'm not sure the clubs choose the dates. I'm sure Premiership Rugby and BT Sport do all the planning, and they don't care about player welfare or fareness,

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 19:44
Worcester definitely chose their times and days unless on BT Sport.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 19:45
A small but important point of detail is that Heathcote is a Stand Off not a scrum half Lowerwatha. He has passed his HIA but we await the news on his sore neck.
We will have injuries as most AP teams have. As yet Chiefs are the only AP side that Wuss have not beaten, now would be a good time, will it happen who knows?
As for the scheduling of a Friday game that is beyond me, our powers that be obviously know more than I do.
For those who make the journey up the M5 on a Friday, all the best and well done. We have a cottage in Appledore so we know what it is like and avoid it if at all possible.

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 22:14
Quote:
ROLLO
As for the scheduling of a Friday game that is beyond me, our powers that be obviously know more than I do.
For those who make the journey up the M5 on a Friday, all the best and well done. We have a cottage in Appledore so we know what it is like and avoid it if at all possible.

Two away games with relatively short trips up the motorway which I won't be attending because of the scheduling.
I believe the players like a Friday night away trip which is good for them but definitely not for us the supporters.
Shame because it should be a decent game but I do feel a bit of sympathy for the Wuss players as they will have two very tough games back to back and one less day to recover when they play us which could ultimately be decisive!
The Wuss players/coaching staff certainly won't be thanking the person/s responsible for that decision.....

StewardSaffin
Little MissChief (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 11:40
I'm looking forward to it. I'll be making the trip up the M5. Here's hoping for a good game. Weather looks good & with a 4g pitch this could be a fast action packed match!

Wampum
Wampum (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 13:19
Totally bonkers

Minster
Minster (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 07:55
Hi, I'm thinking of going to the Wuss match tonight, can anyone tell me which stand/section Chiefs supports will be in?

Thanks

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 08:41
Minster, most concentration of away supporters is usually in East stand blocks F/G.

That's the big stand facing the cameras, unobstructed views, no pillars, usually dry above row P, block F is centered roughly on the 22, G nearer the 5m line.

Alternatively there's often quite a few in the North stand (end view) that's the tent to your left on the camera view.

Minster
Minster (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 08:55
That's very useful info - Thanks

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 20:37
HT 24-3 - three tries

MESSAGES->author
Mabolza (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 21:10
10 - 34 Bonus point 62 mins

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net