rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Tigers.... ....next up it's Falcons at Sandy Park ........ ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......


Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
Chiefs v Wasps 240917
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 15:20
Danny Cipriani is out for 12 weeks because of a knee injury, however Jimmy Gopperth should be fit. Normally Wasps play both with Gopperth covering the fly half position giving them another option on the bench. Presumably the will now have to play another 10 on the bench and they only have inexperienced England U20 Jacob Umaga and Scottish U20 Connor Eastgate as cover.
Scrum half Dan Robson is also sidelined with an ankle injury but of course they do have Joe Simpson. Flanker Alex Rieder and second rows James Gaskell and Kearon Myall are all injured but Thomas Young and Matt Symons are back in training.

They have a number of injuries but so have we so it should be an even game!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2017 08:14 by Lowerwatha.

 
Chiefs
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
Chiefs (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 16:14
For some reason I am going into Sunday very, very confident about this one. I like Wasps, and we have had some titanic battles with our Waspie friends, but I would not be at all surprised if we get a 5 pointer.

I feel it in my water......Either that or my cystitis is back! (Sm124)

Unfortunately I am unable to go, I am in Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa......But they show it here! (Sm60)

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
Clyst Colt Chief (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 06:06
Morning Chiefs

Autumn is really starting to draw in here just now .... Especially this morning - a nice warm KZN day would be just what the doctor ordered.

I've spent lots of time in KZN - enjoy your time and I hope the slightly less confident feeling I also have is not just cystitis too :-)



"Get on Exe"

 
Zyder head
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
Zyder head (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 06:42
I am confident we can get on top in the forward battle BUT we all know what Wasps can do in the backs so even if they don't get too much ball they are still very dangerous.
Without Cips they may well lose a bit of fluidity but they still have outstanding talent in their back line.
I am pinning my hopes on us getting authority off the bench late on as we had the couple of extra recovery days and some of Wasps players must have had light training weeks after their tough game last Sunday.
Fingers crossed

 
mommentum
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
mommentum (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 07:09
I would much prefer Gopperth to be out than Cipriani, Gopperth is always a thorn in the side against us. I can't remember Cipriani having a good game against us. When he joined Sale we played them the opening game and it was all about what Cips was going to do, think it ended up 50 points to 3 to us.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
21 September, 2017 08:27
Apparently Haskell is out with Hydrophobia!(Sm100)

 
HUGHVILLE
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
HUGHVILLE (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 11:30
Is that water torture?

 
matelot22
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
matelot22 (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 11:42
Quote:
Lowerwatha
Danny Cipriani is out for 12 weeks because of a knee injury, however Jimmy Gopperth should be fit. Normally Wasps play both with Gopperth covering the fly half position giving them another option on the bench. Presumably the will now have to play another 10 on the bench and they only have inexperienced England U20 Jacob Umaga and Scottish U20 Connor Eastgate as cover.
Scrum half Dan Robson is also sidelined with an ankle injury but of course they do have Joe Simpson. Flanker Alex Rieder and second rows James Gaskell and Kearon Myall are all injured but Thomas Young and Matt Symons are back in training.

They have a number of injuries but so have we so it should be an even game!

Connor Eastgate is injured too. I don't think Symons or Thomas Young will be fit enough in time. We also have Sam Jones, Guy Thompson and Tommy Taylor out. We're very precarious at hooker, second row, back row and fly half.
Either way, I'm looking forward to joining you at SP on Sunday for what are usually great games, I'd be happy with a LBP. See you on Sunday.

 
ouch!_that_hurts
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
ouch!_that_hurts (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 13:05
Quote:
HUGHVILLE
Is that water torture?

Rabies, I think

 
Master Chief
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
Master Chief (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 13:16
Reading both forums all the chatter is about how many injuries Wasps have but we have just as many first team injuries as them! In fact if they do have Symons and Young back they are close to a full strength pack. Don't forget we are missing Hepburn (not yet in contention), LCD, Ewers, Waldrom, Maunder, Devoto, S.Hill, Campo, Short etc.

I think it will be a close game and quite simply the team that plays best will win. IMHO we will have to win the forwards battle because their backs are so dangerous and almost always do create something out of nothing.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2017 13:16 by Master Chief.

 
Poking With Sticks
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 13:59
Anyone know how far LCD is from a return? I saw him after the LI game and he didn't have any crutches/wheelchairs/mobility scooters.

 
mommentum
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
mommentum (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 19:52
Rob says in Guardian that LCD is out for 2 months

Also Yeandle and Dollman could be out?

 
Poking With Sticks
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 09:18
Good oppo for Shaun Malton. He was looking handy back at the beginning of the year.

 
StewardSaffin
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
Little MissChief (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 09:28
Dolly was struggling with his knee at the Worcester game on their plastic coconut pitch! I would have been surprised to see him start. If so Lachie isn't a bad replacement! Lol

 
Chiefs
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
Chiefs (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 13:07
Quote:
Chiefs
For some reason I am going into Sunday very, very confident about this one. I like Wasps, and we have had some titanic battles with our Waspie friends, but I would not be at all surprised if we get a 5 pointer.
I feel it in my water......Either that or my cystitis is back! (Sm124)

Unfortunately I am unable to go, I am in Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa......But they show it here! (Sm60)

I did tell you so! I am actually please it wasn't that cystitis again. I watched it live in a hotel bar drinking beer at £1.30 a pint then had a celebratory T Bone for £8.50.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 16:27
Quote:
Chiefs
Quote:
Chiefs
For some reason I am going into Sunday very, very confident about this one. I like Wasps, and we have had some titanic battles with our Waspie friends, but I would not be at all surprised if we get a 5 pointer.
I feel it in my water......Either that or my cystitis is back! (Sm124)

Unfortunately I am unable to go, I am in Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa......But they show it here! (Sm60)

I did tell you so! I am actually please it wasn't that cystitis again. I watched it live in a hotel bar drinking beer at £1.30 a pint then had a celebratory T Bone for £8.50.

Strewth, you certainly know how to rub it in Chiefs, I had to settle for four pints in my local at £3.20 per pint, but it was my birthday!

 
Chiefs
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
Chiefs (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 20:25
Quote:
Lowerwatha
Quote:
Chiefs
Quote:
Chiefs
For some reason I am going into Sunday very, very confident about this one. I like Wasps, and we have had some titanic battles with our Waspie friends, but I would not be at all surprised if we get a 5 pointer.
I feel it in my water......Either that or my cystitis is back! (Sm124)

Unfortunately I am unable to go, I am in Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa......But they show it here! (Sm60)

I did tell you so! I am actually please it wasn't that cystitis again. I watched it live in a hotel bar drinking beer at £1.30 a pint then had a celebratory T Bone for £8.50.

Strewth, you certainly know how to rub it in Chiefs, I had to settle for four pints in my local at £3.20 per pint, but it was my birthday!

Happy birthday L, your now 30 I hear!

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 08:43
Quote:
Chiefs
Quote:
Lowerwatha
Quote:
Chiefs
Quote:
Chiefs
For some reason I am going into Sunday very, very confident about this one. I like Wasps, and we have had some titanic battles with our Waspie friends, but I would not be at all surprised if we get a 5 pointer.
I feel it in my water......Either that or my cystitis is back! (Sm124)

Unfortunately I am unable to go, I am in Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa......But they show it here! (Sm60)

I did tell you so! I am actually please it wasn't that cystitis again. I watched it live in a hotel bar drinking beer at £1.30 a pint then had a celebratory T Bone for £8.50.

Strewth, you certainly know how to rub it in Chiefs, I had to settle for four pints in my local at £3.20 per pint, but it was my birthday!

Happy birthday L, your now 30 I hear!

30? I canít remember that far back!

 
Chiefs
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
Chiefs (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 13:07
Quote:
Lowerwatha
Quote:
Chiefs
Quote:
Lowerwatha
Quote:
Chiefs
Quote:
Chiefs
For some reason I am going into Sunday very, very confident about this one. I like Wasps, and we have had some titanic battles with our Waspie friends, but I would not be at all surprised if we get a 5 pointer.
I feel it in my water......Either that or my cystitis is back! (Sm124)

Unfortunately I am unable to go, I am in Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa......But they show it here! (Sm60)

I did tell you so! I am actually please it wasn't that cystitis again. I watched it live in a hotel bar drinking beer at £1.30 a pint then had a celebratory T Bone for £8.50.

Strewth, you certainly know how to rub it in Chiefs, I had to settle for four pints in my local at £3.20 per pint, but it was my birthday!

Happy birthday L, your now 30 I hear!

30? I canít remember that far back!

Me neither mate! "Old Guys Rule"

 
mommentum
Re: Chiefs v Wasps 240917
mommentum (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 21:21
It feels like the team is in a stronger place than it was last year this time. No player last year this time looked to be in good form. Now the team looks settled in the way it plays carrying on from the end of last season. Players like Woodburn playing some of his best rugby ever. A settled centre pairing, with Slade looking like he is enjoying his rugby again. Simmond and Skinner both contributing, and Nic White a better player than Lewis who he replaced in the squad. With some good players to come back like LCD, Short.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?