rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs beat Bath and stay at the top.. ....next up it's Leinster at Sandy Park..... ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

SJJ1960
Paignton RFC U9 & U10
SJJ1960 (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 18:42
I am not a regular poster, but as a parent of a son who went on to become a professional rugby player after starting aged 7 I am passionate about young people playing rugby. As such and as a resident in Paignton I have become interested in the plight of Paignton youngsters who just want to play rugby. They don't have their own club, or changing facilities, but play at Torbay Park. Some local residents have complained (not sure why) and the council have withdrawn the facilities.
Some of these youngster may one day be playing for the Chiefs and would welcome your support in signing the petition. The local MP is supportive of them being allowed to continue playing.
If you feel able to support the petition I am sure they would be very grateful.
Thank you. I have copied the link to the petition below I hope.

[www.change.org]

MESSAGES->author
Re: Paignton RFC U9 & U10
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 03:27
I Wanted to hear the counter argument before signing...
[www.devonlive.com]...

Those idiots can jog on... You got my signiture..

MESSAGES->author
Clyst Colt Chief (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 05:33
I coach at Winchester RFC ( views are entirely my own of course) and am amazed by this wish to stop this activity for young people.

At a time when obesity and social isolation are key indicators how can preventing clubs like this be justified?

In terms of potential property owners and others concerns about noise - there is in reality, very very little (hours and hours experience to validate this).

Another point for potential objectors to seriously consider ... is that like all local authorities, great pressure is being experienced to use resources effectively. If this public space is not using its potential to maximum impact and outcomes .... who is to say that it could not be used for something else e.g retail, housing etc etc

Any local village / town should strive to support such initiatives... you can then clearly validate that the land is actively used to the benefit of the whole community.

What about a facilitated resolution meeting hosted by officers of the local authority .... Come on, get this sorted.

"Get on Exe"

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 09:21
Paignton always used to have a thriving youth section, what happened to that?

MESSAGES->author
Prarie Dog (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 17:06
Signed. Good luck.

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

Da' nzho!
Pawel Vygot.

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 20:45
I am going to be very polite.

How can anyone with an ounce of decency complain about children indulging in a sport that teaches respect and dignity, makes them fit and strong, and gets them in the fresh air......For three hours a week!

What a bunch of total @#$%&.......Sorry, I lost my politeness.

I will be down there next Sunday with my 10 speaker sound system and give the a little AC/DC for an hour or two........THAT is noise.(Sm60)"(Sm60)

Signed.

Hanker Chief
Hanker Chief (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 07:18
Great to see this issue getting the exposure both on here and on social media. Just under 5000 signatures now after 3 days. Keep signing please.

In response to GJ the junior section is thriving and here in lies the problem. The under 10ís have a squad size on par with Bathís. Sunday mornings are a delight to behold with upwards of 200 young people down at Queens Park playing across the age groups. The use of the disputed piece of parkland was to accommodate one team per week to ease over capacity. Itís a reflection on the growing popularity of the support locally, and in no doubt the influence of the Chiefs, that junior rugby is in such a healthy state.

Hoping those NIMBY / Council officers see sense and will soon unlock a small piece of unused parkland for this season and many more to come.

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 10:46
Quote:
Chiefs
I am going to be very polite.
How can anyone with an ounce of decency complain about children indulging in a sport that teaches respect and dignity, makes them fit and strong, and gets them in the fresh air......For three hours a week!

What a bunch of total @#$%&.......Sorry, I lost my politeness.

I will be down there next Sunday with my 10 speaker sound system and give the a little AC/DC for an hour or two........THAT is noise.(Sm60)"(Sm60)

Signed.

My thoughts exactly... If they cannot stand a little bit of noise for a few hours on Sunday morning then they can go &%$@ themselves.. (Sm122)

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 18:11
Spoke to someone on Saturday who clarified your situation. Good luck with your campaign. I too have been lucky enough to see some of my "boys" make it, in rugby and otherwise.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net