rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Tigers.... ....next up it's Falcons at Sandy Park ........ ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

fisher
corporates
fisher (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 13:57
I know that we are told we need their cash but do we need it that badly to not control some behaviour. One of the boxes in the main grandstand had guests that were throwing beer and shouting obscenities during the game much to the annoyance of the people around them. When a complaint was made to a steward he said there was only two of them to try and control over 20 p****ds and there was not a lot they can do. Surely someone on the corporate side could at least explain that sort of behavior is not acceptable and only ends up with the large majority of guests who are behaving/enjoying themselves getting the blame.

Chiefs
Re: corporates
Chiefs (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 16:08
Agree, someone needs to control these idiots.

I will sometimes treat ourselves to tickets in the West, and I will inform the powers to be now, that if beer is thrown in my direction and lands on my wife, I will drag the offender over to my wife, by whatever I can get hold of, and he/they will be FORCED to apologise.......In no uncertain terms. I will be ejected, but I will feel much better.

Get a grip, and stop these toss pots spoiling other people’s pleasure.

MESSAGES->author
Prarie Dog (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 16:46
This behaviour is totally unnaceptable. If this was to happen in the North Stand someone WOULD be ejected and articles in the press would be saying that football hooliganism had found it's way to Rugby Union.

A message to the club - DEAL WITH IT NOW!

(Sm20)

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

Pawel Vygot.

StewardSaffin
Little MissChief (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 08:48
Quote:
fisher
I know that we are told we need their cash but do we need it that badly to not control some behaviour. One of the boxes in the main grandstand had guests that were throwing beer and shouting obscenities during the game much to the annoyance of the people around them. When a complaint was made to a steward he said there was only two of them to try and control over 20 p****ds and there was not a lot they can do. Surely someone on the corporate side could at least explain that sort of behavior is not acceptable and only ends up with the large majority of guests who are behaving/enjoying themselves getting the blame.
I know the very box you were referring to. I had major issues with the same box in which i had to refer it up chain of command to senior stewards & back to control. Their behaviour was being recorded on CCTV throughout & security became involved. They were horrid & vile in their behaviour & had blatant disregard to my instruction! 😠😠

OldWing
OldWing (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 11:15
This problem is not limited to Sandy Park or to rugby. Whenever you attend an event at which there is a corporate party, you will get this sort of behaviour. I believe it is because most of those in corporate boxes have no interest in rugby/ cricket/ theatre/ etc, but are only there for free food and drink. I don’t see a solution to it while sports and arts organisations are so reliant upon corporate income. Complaining to the club will have limited impact because, next time, it will be a different group of clients in the box.

HUGHVILLE
HUGHVILLE (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 13:20
Spoilt game by drunken corporate yobs on a
freeby again

chieftain
Chieftain (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 15:20
I didn't see this myself but heard it mentioned. Surely the box owner should be thrown out of the box for the rest of the season(with no refund) for clearly breaching stadium rules? (Or is it laws&#128521winking smiley

fisher
fisher (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 15:52
I have done as asked and passed this on to Chris Bentley(who has an hard enough job anyway)so I am happy to let the matter rest there!

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 18:01
Well done fisher, but it would be nice to have a statement from Chris re the future.

Shy Ann
Shy Ann (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 09:38
All of the above. Note to club - we have Stadium Regulations so please will you enforce them.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 12:59
People sitting behind me and my friends in the West Stand are in corporate seats belonging to a very up market firm of estate agents. They never stop talking at the top of their voices, regaling us with their business dealings, drunken antics, bad language and who did what to whom, and this week involved a 'guest' from a rival firm who was spilling the beans on his own firm to his hosts. Amazing!

I know clubs need sponsorship money, but please Mr Bentley tell the clients' guests to shut up when the game is in play so that true fans can enjoy the play without all sorts of inane, ignorant comments and continuous chatter about everything but what is in front of them.

As for having beer thrown and rude boorish behavior, the stewards should act and if they are incapable of doing so, the police should be called. I am sure that by making an example or two of such occurrences would ensure better behavior elsewhere. I like the correspondent above would take the law into my own hands if my fiance or myself suffered any fall out from any corporate guests if they are unable to behave them selves.

Chief RedWine
Chief Redwine (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 15:47
To be fair the stewards did everything possible in this situation by escalating through senior to the control and consequently security (the people who are paid and are qualified to deal with this sort of stuff) were brought in. I have no idea what happened after that but please, let's not give the stewards a hard time; from the account above they acted correctly and within the bounds of their remit.

StewardSaffin
Little MissChief (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 19:11
Quote:
Chief Redwine
To be fair the stewards did everything possible in this situation by escalating through senior to the control and consequently security (the people who are paid and are qualified to deal with this sort of stuff) were brought in. I have no idea what happened after that but please, let's not give the stewards a hard time; from the account above they acted correctly and within the bounds of their remit.

Thank you CRW. Nice to get some recognition for what was a rather unpleasant afternoon of stewarding.

PINGO
PINGO (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 19:34
Quote:
Little MissChief
Quote:
Chief Redwine

Thank you CRW. Nice to get some recognition for what was a rather unpleasant afternoon of stewarding.

Don't worry LMC, there are a lot of us real supporters on your side. Mrs P and I get on very well with the stewards in the North and are very aware of how much you guys can and indeed can't do to try and sort problems and we appreciate and support you guys all the way.

Surely a simple solution when a box is filled with idiots causing problems would be to herd the animals back in their pen and lock the door? That way any of them who wanted to see the rugby could still watch through the windows but without ruining the match for the rest of us and the job should fall to the hired security and not the stewards who are there for "crowd safety" not drunken fools.

Wampum
Wampum (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 10:32
As has been mentioned earlier, there are legal requirements on the club via the Stadium Regs to ensure spectators enjoy the game without being spoilt by the inappropriate behaviour of others. Its about time this club actually did something with these corporates. They should be informed beforehand them that if they cannot behave in an orderly fashion then they will be asked to leave. We pay good money to watch these games Mr Rowe.

Garnett
Garnett (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 16:33
I wish people would stop talking about 'corperates'. These are just yobs. Branding a whole group of people for the actions of a tiny minority is not acceptable. It is like saying all football supporters are hooligans. We would be lost without the money and 99% have a great time. If you are sure of you facts give the company name. I heard shouting from the East Stand while the kicker was preparing. I am not saying it is the entire east stand. Just one or two idiots.

I have a season ticket but also occasionally get corporate. I don't drink so dont like the insinuation that this is about an entire group. I think it goes against our rugby values that make us different to other games.

Garnett

PINGO
PINGO (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 20:30
Quote:
Garnett
I wish people would stop talking about 'corperates'. These are just yobs. Branding a whole group of people for the actions of a tiny minority is not acceptable. It is like saying all football supporters are hooligans. We would be lost without the money and 99% have a great time. If you are sure of you facts give the company name. I heard shouting from the East Stand while the kicker was preparing. I am not saying it is the entire east stand. Just one or two idiots.
I have a season ticket but also occasionally get corporate. I don't drink so dont like the insinuation that this is about an entire group. I think it goes against our rugby values that make us different to other games.

Garnett

I take your point 100% Garnett and agree with you but I'm sure most of us realise that when we have posted about "corporate" in generalisation. As you say about East, we have occaisional idiots in North too but there's no need to say the whole of North are bad eggs. The overall point though is that SP needs to sort things out and as I've previously posted, the hired security need to take over from the stewards on this. I'm sure none of us think that every box causes trouble so please don't take personal offence thumbs down

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net