rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs win away at Sale.. ....next up it's Saints in AW Cup at Sandy Park ........ ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
Sladeys in
Pinhoe_Chief (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 10:17
Exeter's Henry Slade will start at inside centre for England against Argentina on Saturday, with Owen Farrell and Maro Itoje rested.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Sladeys in
Pinhoe_Chief (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 10:19
and Harry on the bench

England XV: Mike Brown; Anthony Watson, Jonathan Joseph, Henry Slade, Elliot Daly; George Ford, Ben Youngs; Mako Vunipola, Dylan Hartley (capt), Dan Cole; Courtney Lawes, George Kruis; Chris Robshaw, Sam Underhill, Nathan Hughes

Replacements: Jamie George, Ellis Genge, Harry Williams, Joe Launchbury, Tom Curry, Danny Care, Alex Lozowski, Semesa Rokoduguni

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 11:20
Wow - nice one!

StewardSaffin
Little MissChief (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 11:20
Smash it up boys! Let's not give them shirts up! Lol

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 12:04
Well done Henry, would have preferred him at 13 where he has been outstanding this season but any start for England is great. Looks like a fantastic impact replacement front row (Genge, George and our Harry!).

Chickamauga
Chickamauga (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 16:29
Sam Simmonds is called up to replace the injured Tom Curry on the bench
[www.independent.co.uk]

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 18:48
What a backline ! Just hope JJ s defence is ok ...
Also think Sladey for the RWC is a possible direct replacement for an injured Farrell ... So no need to change the game plan ..
Good luck to Harry and Simmo as well

Normanarrow
Normanarrow (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 19:56
Great testament to the academy system coming through. Good luck to all 3 Chiefs lads

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 07:49
Quote:
Normanarrow
Great testament to the academy system coming through. Good luck to all 3 Chiefs lads

Agree, our academy has produced some gems but Harry is yet another player plucked from the Championship by our superb coaching set up and honed into the player that he is by our fitness regime and high class coaching.

dwhite805
dwhite805 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 18:31
Now for LCD & big Dave to make the team (Sm138)

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 10:50
Sam's on the bench as well...wow!

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 10:50
Good luck to all the Chiefs in todays 23.

It seems funny that Eddie Jones has sort of forced RB to play Henry regularly at 13, that when Henry makes the starting team, Eddie puts him at 12!

Ive always thought that when Eddie watched a Premiership game with Henry playing, Henry seems to make more mistakes than usual.

Today, hopefully Henry will show the form hes been showing us recently.

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 20:09
Has Slade ever had a good game at 12?

I thought Harry had a good game, but don't understand why he kept Cole on so long, a player with 70 odd caps shouldn't need the extra experience in a friendly against a team who lost their last 16 games.

Like Baxter said to ugo money, It does not matter what number Simmonds has on his back, if he has the ball in his hands he is a good player, if he is just rucking he is no better than anyone else. We did not see him ball in hand

Chiefs
Re: Sladeys inas a p
Chiefs (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 20:22
Nothing to do with our lads, but I thought it was an appalling advert for the game of rugby.

As a man of nearly 60 now, started playing when I was 12, wore the Green and a White of my county, captained my club, became a coach and Chairman......I am falling out of love with the game that has been my life.

What are they, the law makers, doing to Rugby Union, watching 15 men spread across the field is boring in the extreme.

Sorry to be so negative.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net