rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs win away at Sale.. ....next up it's Saints in AW Cup at Sandy Park ........ ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
TEAMS UP
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 11:48
CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE SCARLETS

15 Phil Dollman
14 Tom O’Flaherty
13 Ollie Devoto
12 Sam Hill
11 James Short
10 Joe Simmonds
9 Stuart Townsend
1 Alec Hepburn
2 Shaun Malton
3 Moray Low
4 Toby Salmon
5 Sam Skinner
6 James Freeman
7 Matt Kvesic
8 Kai Horstmann (capt)

16 Luke Cowan-Dickie
17 Carl Rimmer
18 Greg Holmes
19 Ed Holmes
20 Dave Ewers
21 Jack Maunder
22 Sam Morley
23 Tom Hendrickson

MESSAGES->author
Re: TEAMS UP
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 11:52
15 Morgan Williams,
14 Morgan Griffiths (Carmarthen Quins),
13 Ioan Nicholas,
12 Rhodri Jones, (Llandovery),
11 Tom Rogers (Scarlets Academy),
10 Jack Maynard,
9 Declan Smith,
1 Rhys Fawcett,
2 Dafydd Hughes,
3 Simon Gardiner,
4 Josh Helps,
5 Tom Price,
6 Jack Jones, (Llandovery),
7 Shaun Evans,
8 Jack Condy

Replacements;

16 Torin Myhill (Carmarthen Quins),
17 Steffan Thomas (Scarlets Academy),
18 Javan Sebastian,
19 Shaun Jones (Carmarthen Quins),
20 Dan Davis (Scarlets Academy),
21 Gareth George (Llanelli),
22 Lewis Williams (Llanelli),
23 Scott Lloyd (Scarlets Academy

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 11:58
A very strong Chiefs side, great to see Big Dave and LCD in the mix again from the bench. Should be an entertaining game, box watcher again this weekend!

Axe Chief
Axe Chief (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 13:57
What did Scarlets do to deserve that sort of opposition?............,

well I guess Quins up next game. Could be interesting what the BT 'experts' take on it will be!

MESSAGES->author
Boldeagle (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 14:08
Why is Phil Dolman playing.Does he need game time or development?(Sm100)

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 14:11
Wow - for an LV Cup match that's one hell of a team.

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 15:51
A few on the Scarlets board saying the same thing. Its supposed to be a development competition.
But we need to get our boys fit, its a long old season. Glad the boys are back.

dwhite805
dwhite805 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 18:28
So glad to see all the boys coming back. Chiefs getting stronger & stronger.
This team could almost start in the prem.

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 18:58
It's not supposed to be a development competition. Some may treat it that way, as do we to a degree.

MESSAGES->author
Kainai (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 20:03
We have an embarrassment of riches. With players returning from long term injury, academy players coming through and shrewd signings over a number of seasons our squad is really something to be proud of. In a way it's no surprise that this weekends team sheet looks the way it does. I wouldn't want to be picking the team in the next block of games. What a fantastic position to be in.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 20:49
Quote:
Boldeagle

Development actually - not sure Dolly has been at his best so far this season.

OldWing
OldWing (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 21:56
I know we have the debate every year about the purpose of the AW, and some other clubs choose to treat it lightly. But I can’t find anything that says it is anything other than a proper competition. We happen to have a strong squad and use the AW to give squad members not regularly featuring in the Prem game time alongside younger players. That seems to me a very sensible combination. Throwing a load of youngsters in to it with every likelihood of them being soundly beaten doesn’t seem to me sensible; rather it may dent their confidence and set back their development. Our approach has seen a number of young players emerge, some bloke called Nowell for one, who’ve gone on to great things. I count that as a major success.

chief in exile
chief in exile (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 09:43
Shows the difference in squad depth and money involved in English/Welsh rugby. The players coming from the welsh premiership will be no better than bottom championship/ national 1 players. Exeter doing nothing wrong as they are resting 20 players plus.

MESSAGES->author
Prarie Dog (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 18:13
Quote:
Geronimo Jim
It's not supposed to be a development competition. Some may treat it that way, as do we to a degree.

+1 thumbs down

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

Da' nzho!
Pawel Vygot.

MESSAGES->author
Prarie Dog (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 18:38
I've said it before in a previous post that its up to DOR's to put out what team they see fit.
We (Chiefs) at present seem to use the competition to develop academy players, to provide game time for newish signings and also players returning from injury. I can't see anything wrong in playing any of them. Yes, we could field that side in the prem but that is just an indication of our squads strength in depth.
If other clubs cannot produce the same strength in their squads thats their problem IMO.

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

Da' nzho!
Pawel Vygot.

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 19:46
I thought last weeks team was strong, is this weeks team the strongest AW side we have ever put out?

oldbean
4everchief (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 20:41
Quote:
fatheralice
Quote:
Boldeagle

Development actually - not sure Dolly has been at his best so far this season.

Also Welsh speaking which will be useful.

Scuff
Scuff (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 21:25
33% development, 33% game time for squad players, 33% game time from players coming back from injury. It seems fair enough and balanced approach to the 3rd competition. (I haven't done the adding up to be honest)

Seem to remember there were a few complaining about the side Tigers put out in the final last year, with Exe picking a few more young players.

Anyway, professional performance.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net