rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

MESSAGES->author
Teams Up
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 11:36
CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE SARACENS

15 Phil Dollman
14 Lachie Turner
13 Ian Whitten
12 Sam Hill
11 Olly Woodburn
10 Gareth Steenson
9 Nic White
1 Ben Moon
2 Jack Yeandle (capt)
3 Greg Holmes
4 Mitch Lees
5 Jonny Hill
6 Don Armand
7 Matt Kvesic
8 Thomas Waldrom

16 Shaun Malton
17 Alec Hepburn
18 Moray Low
19 Toby Salmon
20 Sam Skinner
21 Will Chudley
22 Joe Simmonds
23 James Short

MESSAGES->author
Re: Teams Up
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 11:40
Sarries:

15 Alex Goode
14 Nathan Earle
13 Marcelo Bosch
12 Brad Barritt (c)
11 Chris Wyles
10 Max Malins
9 Ben Spencer
1 Richard Barrington
2 Schalk Brits
3 Vincent Koch
4 Will Skelton
5 George Kruis
6 Calum Clark
7 Schalk Burger
8 Jackson Wray
Replacements

16 Christopher Tolofua
17 Hayden Thompson-Stringer
18 Juan Figallo
19 Mark Flanagan
20 Ben Earl
21 Richard Wigglesworth
22 Nick Tompkins
23 Mike Ellery

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/11/2017 11:54 by Lowerwatha.

andy15
andy15 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 11:40
Can understand not playing big Dave and LCD on the plastic - is Rimmer injured as absent last week as well ?

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 11:59
Quote:
andy15
Can understand not playing big Dave and LCD on the plastic - is Rimmer injured as absent last week as well ?

My thoughts exactly, it really frustrates me that teams whose pitches are plastic already have the advantage of playing on the surface regularly and then restrict the use of players with recent knee problems!
Good to see Sam Hill back in the starting lineup and Shaun Malton on the bench.

StewardSaffin
Little MissChief (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 12:17
Look out. Barritt & Barrington are playing again. No breaking our locks please!

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 15:40
Rimmer in the Braves team along with Ewers - playing tomorrow on the plastic pitch. That's that theory out the window!

Back to the team. Nice to see Sam Hill back in the starting XV. Strong Sarries team, but I'm hopeful we can do the double over them this weekend.

Sara'sman
Sara'sman (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 16:59
Quote:
fatheralice
Rimmer in the Braves team along with Ewers - playing tomorrow on the plastic pitch. That's that theory out the window!
Back to the team. Nice to see Sam Hill back in the starting XV. Strong Sarries team, but I'm hopeful we can do the double over them this weekend.

First XV players missing (plus Wiggy on the bench):

Maitland, Taylor, Williams, Farrell (and his deputy Lozowski), Vunipola M, George, Itoje (and replacement Isiekwe), Rhodes, Vunipola B

just the 10 current Internationals (6 Lions)! Like you, we do have a strong squad but not many of us feel confident during the International periods. Safe journey to all those making the trip - lets hope for a game as exciting as our last meeting - clearly with one difference from our pov!

Master Chief
Master Chief (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 17:13
No Devoto either?

Im surprised not to see Hepburn starting. Hes been by far and away our form prop of recent weeks.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 18:28
Quote:
Sara'sman
Quote:
fatheralice

Maitland, Taylor, Williams, Farrell (and his deputy Lozowski), Vunipola M, George, Itoje (and replacement Isiekwe), Rhodes, Vunipola B

just the 10 current Internationals (6 Lions)! Like you, we do have a strong squad but not many of us feel confident during the International periods. Safe journey to all those making the trip - lets hope for a game as exciting as our last meeting - clearly with one difference from our pov!

But then you do have the advantage in the other 80% of games in the season, of being able to play all these international standard players, which many sides can't.

Can't have it all ways!

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 21:21
Quote:
Sara'sman
Quote:
fatheralice

Exeter First XV players missing.
Nowell,Slade,Simmonds,Williams (and his deputy Francis) Campagnaro,Devoto,Dennis,Cowan-Dickie,Salvi.
We are not exactly at full strength Sara'sman and have one or two players missing too.....

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 21:30
Let's have a competition to see who's the most short if players! Maybe it could be weighted according to the number of caps they have and then a starting handicap applied to the team assumed to have the advantage.
Just a thought...

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
24 November, 2017 22:06
Quote:
fatheralice
Quote:
Sara'sman
Quote:
fatheralice

But then you do have the advantage in the other 80% of games in the season, of being able to play all these international standard players, which many sides can't.

Can't have it all ways!

and the starting 15 still includes 11 players with full International appearances, and a further two with age group International appearances.

So, yes, as said, a strong Sarries team.

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 11:31
Toughest match of the season so far, let's see what happens

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 13:51
Sarries play like no other Premiership team on the turnover, like a tidal wave that keeps coming, with all players happy to truck it up and quickly offload keep the wave going, as the opposition defence tries to realign whilst going backwards.

I was disappointed with Sarries against Gloucester. Unfortunatley, Sarries don't play poorly for long, so it's going to be a tough game for us.

Come on you Chiefs!

dwhite805
dwhite805 (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 18:51
Thought Olly D was coming back. Whats the news?

dwhite805
dwhite805 (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 18:52

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 21:05
Quote:
dwhite805

Devoto started at 12 for the game at Sandy Park against quins....and he didn't have the best of games to be honest!

That's not necessarily the answer as to why he wasn't picked for the Sarries Game though...Devoto could be on the list of players NOT to risk on an Artificial pitch.

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 21:34
Quote:
PhilW2010
Quote:
dwhite805

Devoto started at 12 for the game at Sandy Park against quins....and he didn't have the best of games to be honest!

That's not necessarily the answer as to why he wasn't picked for the Sarries Game though...Devoto could be on the list of players NOT to risk on an Artificial pitch.

Philw
I thought you were strongly opposed to criticising players performances, or is it only certain players?

Anyway. Ollie injured his ankle v Quins and seemed in quite a bit of pain and struggling to move at the time.
Likely some damage discovered post match.

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 22:15
It did seem he was not playing as well after he got attention to his ankle, doing well before that given not had time to get form back

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 14:14
Quote:
fatheralice
Quote:
PhilW2010
Quote:
dwhite805

Philw
I thought you were strongly opposed to criticising players performances, or is it only certain players?

Anyway. Ollie injured his ankle v Quins and seemed in quite a bit of pain and struggling to move at the time.
Likely some damage discovered post match.

Fatheralice.

What you think is obviously down to your personal interpretation!
So, just to clarify, I am Not strongly apposed to criticising players performances!
BUT - I am strongly opposed to the way in which one or two players are often criticised by certain posters on here... with that criticism, in my opinion of course, very often unjustified and/or misplaced !

Just to clarify what I said about Olly Devoto, I said that he didn't have the best of games! That was my observation as to how he got on in that game!
I did not say that it was soley down to him that something didn't work or that he alone was responsible for things going wrong!

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net