rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs beat Bath and stay at the top.. ....next up it's Leinster at Sandy Park..... ..... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
MESSAGES->author
Exe vs Bath
Kainai (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 14:11
(Sm60)21-3 after 30 mins

MESSAGES->author
Re: Exe vs Bath
Kainai (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 14:16
The Don with the try for the BP 28-3 on 36 mins (Sm146)

MESSAGES->author
Kainai (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:20
FT 42 - 29 shame about the last 20 but what a performance on the whole.

Dave Berko
Dave Berko (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:57
Tongue in cheek - why didn't you stop playing the last 15 min last week!!!!

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 16:06
Took the foot off the gas in the last 20 but I don’t think many teams would have lived with the Chiefs during the first hour! Bath looked really lethargic first half but 6 converted tries from us and it was game over. Defence coach will be annoyed we coughed up 4 tries but top of the table with 40 points will soften the blow!

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 16:33
Really can't be bothered about gifting Bath the point. I actually think it may do us a favour going into the Euro doubleheader against Leinster, where bonus points are going to be so important.
Coaches will be able to use this as a reminder of how important it is to keep the intensity up throughout in that competition.

The contest was over by 50 mins. Very hard to keep intensity and focus for 30 minutes, whereas the opposition are in a no lose situation where they can chuck it around in the hope of a bit of magic. Totally unrepresentative of a proper rugby contest.
That said, I'd like to see the TBP rules changed to 3 clear tries like they have in France, as it would keep teams focused throughout.

Back to the proper game - what an outstanding performance. Whole pack was outstanding, but I would have given the motm to LCD who was exceptional in that opening 50 mins.

Nice to see Short having a stormer too. I'm sure the plan was Nowell for Short after 55 mins, but he was playing so well they had to come up with plan B!

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 18:03
Everyone was brilliant and as usual Whitten, lees and Armand demonstrate why they should all be seasoned internationals .... But

LCD and Audrey are like 2 extra back rows.....ferocious in attack and defence ... Superb

MESSAGES->author
Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 18:46
A few things to address, Nick Whites Box Kicking for one and taking the foot off the gas at the end of the game. But apart from that a solid shift from everyone.

Big Shout out to Mr Skinner.. Was everywhere today and well deserved MOM

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 19:21
That first 50 minutes was incredible.
Our intensity was unbelievable,no wonder Bath couldn't live with it and more importantly did anybody seriously expect us to keep that up for 80 minutes?!
Bath are a decent side they were going to respond at some point in the game but the game was long gone.
I thought there were some really tired bodies on our side toward the end so although disappointed with Bath picking up that bonus point I cannot fault the players after what had gone before.
I did think the officials were struggling toward the end with the pace. I personally thought that the chip over our defence from Priestland was collected by someone clearly offside but haven't seen a replay so will hold my hands up if I am wrong.
Although we ended up conceding a TBP with a couple of different bounces of the ball we could have scored a couple of trys rather than conceded them so no complaints from me.

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 21:41
Brilliant performance 1st Half from all players.

Sam Skinner thoroughly deserved his M.O.M. Steeno must have pushed him hard for it with a 17 point haul & running the game exceptionally well!

Agree with the point about White's kicking....but his distribution is fast & he tackles anything & everything in front of him!

Thought there was a definite shuv in the back on Woodburn when he was trying to gather a ball following a chip through...that lead to one of their tries.
And it looked like a forward pass in the build up to Matt Banahan's try?

ps - Richard (Oggy) have you still got a crook neck from looking up at that Bearded Giant? (Sm151)

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

andy15
andy15 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 22:50
Probably the best front row performance over 60 mins totally outcalassed The Bath front row. One of Lees best performance in an Exeter shirt and totally agree with MOM Skinner looks another quality academey gem.

massive game next week let’s hope for a full House again - great atmosphere today,

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 04:08
Brilliant play by our boys, but gifting Bath a very undeserved losing bonus point has left a poor taste in the mouth. We just seemed to stop playing, I know when your that far on top why risk injury but they are third in the league. History will say a LB is a good result when to be honest is was nothing to do with then more than with us.
Just shows you have to grow a team, and not buy one, at least unlike Wasps they haven’t trotted out the “but we have a small squad” exscuse. That’s not our problem you have money to burn.

MESSAGES->author
Clyst Colt Chief (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 06:45
Clalan ... You were up early buhy or you didn't go to bed.

I couldn't agree more .... I had to slap myself for being a bit sad about the tbp for Bath..... Who would not have grabbed that score if it had been offered before the game.

As to this sham, that every team Exe are playing is depleted ... it's ridiculous and I wish certain pundits would stop feeding this misconception and put some fact behind the claim. Rant over.... Actually that's got rid of my feelings about the tbp.... Thanks Clalan

"Get on Exe"

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 09:14
“If they keep playing like that I don’t think anyone will get close to them. They were all over us. I doubt you could see a better first half than that today.” “There back row trio were absolutely unbelievable.”

Quotes from Todd Blackadder in TRP!

Need I say more?

manrow
manrow (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 16:42
Hope Chiefs don't get into the habit of going to sleep for the last 15 minutes!

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 16:45
Quins beat Sarries which means that we are 8 points clear. Not a bad place to be after the second Prem block. Good place to drive on from after European games

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 17:08
Probley the best pack that has started for us and very much lived up to the billing, even stronger if Francis is on the bench next week. Love watching Simmonds but it is Waldroms high number of carrying that makes are game plan work. He may not make that same metres per carry as two years ago but does not spend the same amount of time in the back field running back kick in open field.

The three south west teams in the top four of the table

Exeforever
Exeforever (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 21:45
Having watched the game on TV today I am unconcerned about the last 15 minutes. After Steeno's score it was obvious that preserving health and energy for the Leinster game was more important than stopping Bath. We have suffered from being over cautious before bigger games in the past. FWIW I thought that JP let far too many high tackles go unpunished all afternoon and that the officials were remarkably relaxed about the offside line (for both sides).

Blue feather
Blue feather (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 13:27
Sam Skinner's MOM was even more impressive for edging out Tank and Stenno who both had superb games amongst a superb team effort.

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 18:31
Some in the media have said that bath were poor, but their game stats are no lineouts lost, no scrums lost, no sin bins and only 7 penalties conceded. That's not the stats of a team that fell to bits, I think they just met us when we were very good.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net