rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
MESSAGES->author
Teams Up
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 11:33
CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE LEINSTER

15 Phil Dollman
14 James Short
13 Henry Slade
12 Ian Whitten
11 Olly Woodburn
10 Gareth Steenson (capt)
9 Nic White
1 Alec Hepburn
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
3 Harry Williams
4 Mitch Lees
5 Jonny Hill
6 Don Armand
7 Matt Kvesic
8 Thomas Waldrom

16 Jack Yeandle
17 Ben Moon
18 Tomas Francis
19 Sam Skinner
20 Sam Simmonds
21 Will Chudley
22 Sam Hill
23 Jack Nowell

MESSAGES->author
Re: Teams Up
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 11:39
Leinster Rugby

15. Rob Kearney
14. Fergus McFadden
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Robbie Henshaw
11. Isa Nacewa CAPTAIN
10. Johnny Sexton
9. Luke McGrath
1. Cian Healy
2. Seán Cronin
3. Tadhg Furlong
4. Devin Toner
5. Scott Fardy
6. Rhys Ruddock
7. Seán O’Brien
8. Jack Conan
16. James Tracy
17. Jack McGrath
18. Michael Bent
19. James Ryan
20. Josh van der Flier
21. Jamison Gibson-Park
22. Ross Byrne

dwhite805
dwhite805 (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 12:17
Not only a powerful starting 15 but some bench to bring on. The carrying potential coming on at 50 - 60 minutes is frightening.
The battle between Kvesic & O'Brian will be interesting. This will show if Eddy has been right to ignore him or not?? Think the Don @ 6 will edge Ruddock but again interesting. Will be some battle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2017 12:18 by dwhite805.

MESSAGES->author
Mabolza (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 12:28
There are potentially some very mouth watering individual battles in those two line ups.

MESSAGES->author
clalan (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 12:53
Well the Leinster supporters sound very confident they'll turn us over on their board. Not sure how many have seen us play but with the 13 Irish internationals on the pitch they think we will be out classed.

They have bags of experience, but we've faced this sort of thing before and come out on top.
Very mobile pack, with strength to burn may take them by surprise, but the Irish pride themselves on the scrum and forward pods so this could be hard.
Our wings given space will run them ragged if we get past their superb centre paring, I think that's why Slade is back, his distribution speed will be crucial, with Witts doing the bulldoze option.

Gonna be tight, lets just hope its another match that promotes union as a sport, with a bit of luck we should win.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 13:04
Love the look of our front row, so dynamic around the park and pretty good at scrummaging!
As said the bench looks strong but they must make an impact and not switch off as we did against Bath in the final quarter!
Leinster have a fair few internationals but they have been absent for a while on international duties and all were rested last week, as we know this can be disruptive!

Exeforever
Exeforever (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 14:04
Quote:
clalan
Well the Leinster supporters sound very confident they'll turn us over on their board. Not sure how many have seen us play but with the 13 Irish internationals on the pitch they think we will be out classed.
They have bags of experience, but we've faced this sort of thing before and come out on top.
Very mobile pack, with strength to burn may take them by surprise, but the Irish pride themselves on the scrum and forward pods so this could be hard.
Our wings given space will run them ragged if we get past their superb centre paring, I think that's why Slade is back, his distribution speed will be crucial, with Witts doing the bulldoze option.

Gonna be tight, lets just hope its another match that promotes union as a sport, with a bit of luck we should win.

I hope that their team are as overconfident as their supporters. Somehow I doubt it.

antietam1
antietam1 (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 15:55
Leinster very rusty indeed, I don't know why or if my fellow supporters are that confident.
Back 3 is very slow.

MESSAGES->author
minuteman (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 17:26
the Leinster team from 1 - 22 ..yes 22 ...are probably the strongest we've faced this season.
it's definitely the test our guys will want - and it's going to be one hell of a game making for a great return fixture the next weekend.
i really hope the ref lets them get on with it as this has the potential to be fantastic for all sorts of reasons...
seeing our bench with so much talent on it week on week is testament to what a great job the Chiefs management have done .
i think the bench are as strong as those that start - and we are probably the only Prem side that can say that presently ....
can't wait .....C'mon you Chiefs...

MESSAGES->author
Prarie Dog (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 18:53
Pretty sure this one will be tight against a very good side but a very impressive squad for Chiefs. No predictions from me but plenty of hopes. If we play as we did for sixty minutes against Bath last week we will be doing a victorious Tomahawk Chop at the final whistle.
Go on Chiefs!!!
Wish there were sofa's at the front of the North Stand!

(Sm159)

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

Da' nzho!
Pawel Vygot.

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 18:53
The breakdown is going to be much more of a dog fight than against bath, and the weather at 5.30 is going to make playing with pace much harder

MESSAGES->author
Prarie Dog (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 19:06
Agree about the breakdown but the weather at 5.30? Whats it going to be?

We know who we be!

Da' nzho!
Pawel Vygot.

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 19:21
Artic I fear, also at 5.30 there will be dew making the ball wet and a kicking game more affective than baths, like the Glasgow game

StewardSaffin
Little MissChief (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 19:25
All set to be a tasty mouth watering encounter! 2 very strong teams! Not going to call this one!

MESSAGES->author
Prarie Dog (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 19:44
Ah, thanks mommentum. Yep, what you say makes sense. Agree with Little Misschief as well.

drinking smiley

We know who we be!

Da' nzho!
Pawel Vygot.

taffychief
taffychief (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 07:25
I'll be in an Irish bar with Maureen,George and Alice in Tenerife for both Leinster games.Shirts are packed and Chop's been practiced.So come on you Chiefs please make our holiday and give us the bragging rights for the full fortnight Must go now for our flight from Bristol.

Come on you Chiefs!

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 08:15
If the forecast is correct the weather will make it much more difficult to play our natural game and may give a slight advantage to Leinster BUT there are a few things in our favour starting with the fact we are at home and as others have mentioned we have a squad that have been playing together for a while.
Really looking forward to it as we gave a really good account of ourselves last time we played them and we have moved on at pace since then.
The other thing I really like about playing an Irish side is the fact that neither Mr Lacey or Mr Clancy can be involved :-)

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 16:18
Will be back at Sandy Park for the first time since I did my ankle last month...quite a match to come back for. Bring on anyone at Sandy Park, we know this but that is possibly the toughest team we have faced this season.

Here goes.

Peter Ord
Who was it we played last week?
OAP (Over a pint) (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 16:53
Well done Bath because I didn’t expect that.

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 17:08
How do French refs referee the breakdown compared to premier?

The Irish internationals will know the ref better than we do, but our form could not be better

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net