rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Venjur
Re: We go again...
Venjur (IP Logged)
16 December, 2017 21:25
Hi Lads, Leinster supporter here. Just created an account because I wanted to say I think you've a brilliant team and brilliant supporters.

This could have been a two test tour between two top international sides such was the quality, intensity and ferocity of both games. I've been to many Leinster double headers but this is the finest pool stage rugby I've ever seen.

I sat beside a group of Exeter fans this evening in the Aviva and they were a massive credit to the team. Incredibly gracious in defeat and great fun throughout the game. I've even passed contact information along in case were in the same pool next season to meet up with the group in the away fixture for us.

I won't drag on, but I really admire your team and I think you have a golden coaching ticket. I'm happy as a Leinster fan with the wins but I also feel that we've had to be the best we've been since 2011 to get those results.

Best of luck in the premiership and if we meet again in Europe for whatever reason you can bet we won't be underestimating you.

Peace and love from Dublin!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/12/2017 21:31 by Venjur.

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
16 December, 2017 22:45
Quote:
Venjur
Hi Lads, Leinster supporter here. Just created an account because I wanted to say I think you've a brilliant team and brilliant supporters.
This could have been a two test tour between two top international sides such was the quality, intensity and ferocity of both games. I've been to many Leinster double headers but this is the finest pool stage rugby I've ever seen.

I sat beside a group of Exeter fans this evening in the Aviva and they were a massive credit to the team. Incredibly gracious in defeat and great fun throughout the game. I've even passed contact information along in case were in the same pool next season to meet up with the group in the away fixture for us.

I won't drag on, but I really admire your team and I think you have a golden coaching ticket. I'm happy as a Leinster fan with the wins but I also feel that we've had to be the best we've been since 2011 to get those results.

Best of luck in the premiership and if we meet again in Europe for whatever reason you can bet we won't be underestimating you.

Peace and love from Dublin!

I am sure our boys, and the supporters will appreciate those kind words venjur.

As you say, over the two games that has to have been some of the best club Rugby ever played.

Not a mouses whisker between the two sides really, both games played with intensity, vigor & passion.

The Exeter Chiefs Players & Coaching Staff must hold their heads high & be mighty proud of the performances...and the travelling tribe take a bow, you came across loud & clear.

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

antietam1
antietam1 (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 10:00
Agree with the other Dub, Exeter were the Better team in Lansdowne/aviva.
Just not pragmatic enough.
It should have been red for Healy, Baxter a real gent.

Tiverton Brave
Tiverton Brave (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 13:51
Well its not over til.....

I thought both the matches between us and Leinster have been really first class and bordering on, what both Venjur and RB have said - international standard with full bloodied combat and no quarter asked/given.

Lack of 'street wise' players? the rub of the green? Missed forward passes by the ref/TMO? All would have changed dramatically the feelings for us all.

Still two games to go and we could do it yet! Always 'half full' (Sm128)

BUT,
I think, both the performances on the pitch - ignore the results - of the team show that there are not many sides in the current Prem that will live with us when the Prem gets back into action next week!
My son reckons that if we play like that we will 'smash anyone in the Premiership'! I'm inclined to agree.

We may have lost two games but the confidence of playing at that 'almost international' level will not harm any of the team.
I don't fancy Saints chances next week!
Lastly, a HUGE well done to the team for fantastic efforts over the last two weeks. Roll on next ECC comp, when we will be wiser and stronger and may get an Italian side for once (Sm44)
Upwards and Onwards,
COYC

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 16:28
I wouldn't count your chickens with Saints. With have had two very hard games, losing the last in a disappointing way after being 17 to 3 up, plus the office party. Maybe hard to refocus.

MESSAGES->author
Clyst Colt Chief (IP Logged)
17 December, 2017 18:19
[quote mommentum]I wouldn't count your chickens with Saints. With have had two very hard games, losing the last in a disappointing way after being 17 to 3 up, plus the office party. Maybe hard to refocus.[/quote

And what a way to show that things are changing, then to beat the Premiership Champions.... I couldn't agree more Momentum.

I'll be there with my lads to cheer our Mighty Exe on.

"Get on Exe"

Poking With Sticks
Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
18 December, 2017 10:58
Quote:
Brent1
Our side both Lees and Hill need not to go off their feet....both did in the oppo 22...really unhelpful giving pens away
But
For the rest....no fat ladies yet

Really infuriating! Hill's turned a good Exe attacking position into a Leinster try.

Shy Ann
Shy Ann (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 10:19
Just wonder if those substitutions made any difference. We just seemed to lose a bit of concentration and accuracy when they came on - maybe they couldnt adjust to the pace or physicality quick enough and just another 10 mins with the same players would have made a difference. Still we'll never know the answer to that one.

ExTeddChief
ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
19 December, 2017 11:59
Impressed that we got an LBP out of Dublin and we're certainly not done yet with Europe though it makes Montpelier at home a must win. Congrats to Leinster, doing the double over us takes some doing nowadays.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net