rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs do the double over Montpelier ....next up it's away to Glasgow .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
MESSAGES->author
Chiefs v Tigers on New Years Eve
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 21:11
After today’s loss at home to Sarries what can we expect from Tigers? They have now lost six on the bounce and will be without Jonny May following his red card for two deliberate knock ons.
SP should be rocking, wish I could be there!

mommentum
Re: Chiefs v Tigers on New Years Eve
mommentum (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 23:21
The Tigers scrum was very strong and got a lot of penaltys out of Sarries

sadlerchief
sadlerchief (IP Logged)
25 December, 2017 12:27
I'm not sure May will be suspended as they were technical offences and when Byron McGuigan was recently sent off (one was for a technical offence) it was deemed the red card was punishment enough. Byron McGuigan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/12/2017 12:39 by sadlerchief.

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
25 December, 2017 15:24
I hope May is not suspended, he doesn’t deserve that.

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
25 December, 2017 23:40
Quote:
Chiefs
I hope May is not suspended, he doesn’t deserve that.

Agreed.

The first offence, yes probably stopped a try, definite yellow. The second, just a desperate flailing arm. Deserved a yellow? well in the eyes of the law, yes I suppose. Did those two acts deserve a red? That's tough on Jonny, and certainly doesn't need any further punishment after.

Currychief
Currychief (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 00:12
I guess the alternative view is that rules are rules and if you have a yellow card against you already, don't desperately flail your arms unless you think you are paying a price worth paying.

These could have been match defining moments. Healy reckons he paid a worthy price in the second Leinster game. To remove inconsistency there should be a ban of sorts even if we are looking at professional rather than dangerous play.

Zyder head
Zyder head (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 07:52
Although technical offences rather than foul play I think there is a possibility he could face a one match ban because he has repeated the same offence in the same match.
I personally wouldn't want to see a ban for that as they were not particularly cynical offences but instinctive in my eyes,especially the second one.

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 08:23
Yes, fair point ZH, but justice would dictate that Healey get 6 months with his past record. His actions were purely intent on hurting an opponent with foul play resulting in LCD, being the man he is, not acting in such a way as to make a fuss, had he done so it would have been a red I am sure, and fully deserved too.

Jonny May has not got a “foul” bone in his body, no ban for me. I sure we would all feel the same had it been Jack.

goss8800
Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 09:30
The laws are the laws and a personality should not come into it. May was stupid to put himself in that position.

Are we suggesting you only should have a ban if there is a chance you could hurt someone, you are just opening the door for the cheats to take advantage.

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 11:47
I have the read ALL the posts and nowhere is it fractionally suggested that a ban should only be imposed for foul play. But only three weeks for what Healey did to LCD suggests no ban for May.

Had Healey received 6 weeks, that is the least he deserved, then yes a week for May would be justified.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 12:48
Two seasons ago when we played Tigers at Welford Road with Mr Carley in charge, Freddie Burns committed a blatant deliberate knock on denying Matt Jess a certain try. He didn’t even get a yellow card and we were awarded a penalty! It was the only time I have seen RB criticise the officials and even then it was in his usual gentlemanly fashion. Cost us the game.
The key word here surely is deliberate, in other words cheating. To get a second yellow for the same offence deserves stronger sanction. What if Sarries had lost the game having been denied a try scoring opportunity by anact of foul play!

ukms
ukms (IP Logged)
26 December, 2017 21:25
Quote:
Chief Fire Water
The laws are the laws and a personality should not come into it. May was stupid to put himself in that position.
Are we suggesting you only should have a ban if there is a chance you could hurt someone, you are just opening the door for the cheats to take advantage.

Most (not all) double yellows don’t attract a ban at hearing.

MESSAGES->author
Tribester (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 10:23
Quote:
mommentum

It'll all depend on who the ref is. Some refs will insist the ball is played away from the scrum even after collapse, where as Mr Carley liked his whistle.

tigerburnie
tigerburnie (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 10:43
First card was a yellow for sure, second, he stood there with his arm extended, the pass was thrown at his hand, he didn't move, daft yes, clumsy maybe, yellow, not from my view.

StewardSaffin
Little MissChief (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 10:49
Quote:
Tribester
Quote:
mommentum

It'll all depend on who the ref is. Some refs will insist the ball is played away from the scrum even after collapse, where as Mr Carley liked his whistle.

The Ref for this one is Craig MK

mommentum
mommentum (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 16:58
Does not change the fact that it was the Tigers pack that was going forward at at a rate of knots. Cole was all over Mako until his yellow card

tigerburnie
tigerburnie (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 19:00

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 20:49
My only comment is the "punishment enough" element amounts to 1 minute extra off the field compared to a 10 mins yellow card as he got it in the 69th minute.

I would say holding your arm out like May did 5 m from your try line is fairly stupid, and asking for punishment, all the more so, when you had already been carded for a similar offence.

Pleased he will be at Sandy Park though. Don't want to have yet another thing for tigers to blame when they lose!
We've already had racism and the ref over the past few weeks!

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 08:54
Good result, I am glad May will be playing.........He might do it again! (Sm100)

Blue feather
Blue feather (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 14:59
Quote:
Chiefs
Good result, I am glad May will be playing.........He might do it again! (Sm100)
Or get an intercept try, which is what he is after when attempting these 'intentional' knock ons'

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net