rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs do the double over Montpelier ....next up it's away to Glasgow .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
singsoutloud
Thanks and best wishes Bentos
singsoutloud (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 13:34
So sad to hear that Chris (Bentos) Bentley will no longer be involved at Sandy park from the 31st. Match days just won't be the same without his wit, banter and irrepressible good humour. From his playing days to becoming the public face of the Chiefs his commitment and pride in all that the club achieved was there for all to see. Thanks Chris you will be much missed.

Chiefs
Re: Thanks and best wishes Bentos
Chiefs (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 19:47
Why?

paulg_chief
paulg_chief (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 20:00
Quote:
Chiefs
Why?

Bentos column last few paragraphs give a clue as to why...

Whatever the reason it's always a shame when someone moves on.

All the best for the future Chris and thanks for the memories.

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 20:18
Thanks Paulg.

Good luck with whatever you do Chris.

fisher
fisher (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 08:17
Sad to see him leave as he certainly gives his all both as a player and in his later role of corporate hospitality host. He certainly gives a hint as to the reasoning of his decision and he is not the first to come up against the management style of our club and found it unpalatable.

Blackwater Tribe
Blackwater Tribe (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 10:51
Quote:
fisher
Sad to see him leave as he certainly gives his all both as a player and in his later role of corporate hospitality host. He certainly gives a hint as to the reasoning of his decision and he is not the first to come up against the management style of our club and found it unpalatable.

Think that is rather unfair. We don't know all of the facts and certainly what demands were made by Bentos. Everyone ha to move on at some time, don't just blame the management.The big ego's are not just in the boardroom!

MESSAGES->author
Geronimo Jim (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 18:39
Without prejudice. The biggest ego is in the boardroom!

Garnett
Garnett (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 23:20
I think it is a real shame. My greatest concern at the club is succession management. Mr Rowe wont go on forever. The club needs to be careful that it doesn't depend on one person. We need some young blood ready to take over. CB would have been great for this.

goss8800
Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 09:34
I think it is a real shame. My greatest concern at the club is succession management. Mr Rowe wont go on forever. The club needs to be careful that it doesn't depend on one person. We need some young blood ready to take over. CB would have been great for this

Really someone who runs hospitality to run a business like Exeter Chiefs. Tony Rowe has run it as a very successful business and we would need another business man to take over.

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 10:55
Quote:
Chief Fire Water
I think it is a real shame. My greatest concern at the club is succession management. Mr Rowe wont go on forever. The club needs to be careful that it doesn't depend on one person. We need some young blood ready to take over. CB would have been great for this
Really someone who runs hospitality to run a business like Exeter Chiefs. Tony Rowe has run it as a very successful business and we would need another business man to take over.

CFW is absolutely correct, the successor to Tony must be at the summit of business and have a well proven track record.

But honestly, don’t you think that is already in place.......Look at the board guys.

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 01:33
Chris has been a great ambassador for the Club & the Game!

And whilst I accept that, with premiership clubs, the men at the top need to be the hard & driven business types (I call this a necessary evil of the modern game). I happen to believe that Clubs also need friendly face's & people that are supporter & people friendly! Chris Bentley was certainly one of those people, he would always find time to stop & say hello...be it as a player or a member of the hospitality staff.
I know that Chris took a bit of stick when he "went over to the other side", but we think he proved that he could still be a friendly and approachable guy!
Very Sad to see that he is unable to continue being the go to man & friendly face at the club.

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 08:46
See Kai will be taking on the role vacated by Bentos.

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:12
And I don't think there could be a better replacement.

myra briard
exeter supporter (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:33
Totally agree Moorsman - excellent replacement.

fisher
fisher (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:37
Great replacement and well deserved.

paulg_chief
paulg_chief (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:39
It's great that Kai will continue to be involved after the end of his playing career. Good luck to him, I hope he enjoys it.

PINGO
PINGO (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 19:10
Most memorable off-field moment I'll always have of Chris is at Fleet Services on a trip to HQ. There we all were in the foyer and there was Bentos with a bottle (well half bottle) of wine in his hand as he looked around and started a Chop whilst shouting "come on, they can't throw us out. Exeter Chiefs are here". I think the entire services on both sides of the motorway knew we were there as we all joined in.
Good luck in the future (Sm128)

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 10:55
Yes Pingo, Chris never backward in coming forward, a little shy for my liking. (Sm100)

MESSAGES->author
PhilW2010 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 00:58
Quote:
fatheralice

Poisoned Chalice?

Be sure to treat every day on this earth as if it were your last...one day you will be right. (Jethro)

Blackwater Tribe
Blackwater Tribe (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 17:09
Quote:
PhilW2010
Quote:
fatheralice

Poisoned Chalice?

Daft thing to say. Kai has shown this season that he is a great communicator, host and all round nice guy. Maybe not as vocal as Bentley, but a great choice. Good luck Kai.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net