rugbyunion
Latest News:

..... Chiefs lose out to Sarries at HQ.... looking forward to next season now. .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
MESSAGES->author
Thomas Waldrom
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 12:55
Congratulations to The Tank on scoring his 50th Premiership try for the Chiefs in only 89 matches. An incredible achievement for a forward. I reckon he would have scored more if refs had let scrums and mauls continue rather than awarding penalty tries!
Great article on Tom in this weeks programme.

fisher
Re: Thomas Waldrom
fisher (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 08:58
I heard that he could be off to Japan at the end of the season!

Chiefs
Chiefs (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 11:00
Quote:
fisher

I sincerelily hope that is not true, but if he does he leaves owing nothing.

MESSAGES->author
Clyst Colt Chief (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:03
Quote:
Chiefs
Quote:
fisher

Chiefs, 100% in agreement ..... We'd miss him and if true .... Toot Toot, Thank You so very much and All the Very Very Best.

And Toots, if you're not going .... The above is a sincerest wish for another Happy year with us here at Exe

"Get on Exe"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/12/2017 15:06 by Clyst Colt Chief.

MESSAGES->author
Kainai (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 15:48
Quote:
Chiefs
Quote:
fisher

thumbs down

Well said. I hope its not true but if it is Chiefs words are spot on.

loadofeathers
loadofeathers (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 23:39
Rugby paper suggests home to NZ

MESSAGES->author
Moorsman (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:15
It wouldn't be a great surprise and let's hope we can give him another Prem championship to end what has been a fantastic time with Chiefs

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 12:01
Quote:
loadofeathers

Same article also says Bath showing interest in Will Chudley. Could be Fissler stirring but after seeming to be 3rd or 4th choice number 9 this season he has fought his way back into contention, first from the bench and with a barnstorming start last week against Saints.

Currychief
Currychief (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 14:57
Chiefs are the what they are because they sum of all parts. However, Thomas has been a very large cog in the machine. (Yes, 2 cliches, I know) Timing is everything (3) and without Thomas I am not sure we would have achieved what we did last season. I hope he stays just a little longer.

MESSAGES->author
31 December, 2017 20:47
I'm hoping Thomas stays but if he is off to pastures new he has left a very large set of footprints at SP. Tank has been absolutely brilliant and fitted in with our club ethos.
Here's hoping he plays in the final for us this year.

Whatever happens - thank you Tank.

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/12/2017 21:05 by Prarie Dog.

Brent1
Brent1 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 22:18
Like Dean Mumm, Geoff Parling, Jason Shoemark, Sireli Naqelevuki and many others he will move on but will always be a chief and has contributed to the great success story of the Exeter Chiefs.

MESSAGES->author
fatheralice (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 22:46
Quote:
Lowerwatha
Quote:
loadofeathers

Same article also says Bath showing interest in Will Chudley. Could be Fissler stirring but after seeming to be 3rd or 4th choice number 9 this season he has fought his way back into contention, first from the bench and with a barnstorming start last week against Saints.

Contract time, so no suprise to see him get game time!
I'm sure we would be keen to keep him, as he has the Prem experience our other 9s lack, but could well understand it if he moved on

Very solid Prem 9, but lacks speed of service to reach the next level imo.

Not sure Bath is the place for him to flourish. Management structure there does not inspire confidence or long termism.

MESSAGES->author
31 December, 2017 23:15
Agreed Fatheralice. Glaws or even Wuss would allow him to shine. And IMO Wuss are going to be mid table or better next season.

Maunder and Townsend will have their opportunities if Chudders does leave and the academy players will be coming on the conveyor.

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

ukms
ukms (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 08:27
Quote:
Prarie Dog
Here's hoping he plays in the final for us this year.

Bit presumptuous? winking smiley

Welsh Chief
Welsh Chief (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 08:28
Happy New Year all!

1) Although he has been a fantastic player for the chiefs for many seasons if I was being brutally honest I think Waldroms (considerable) powers are on the wane, if they don't have anyone else lined up his service loyalty and values probably warrants a 1 year extension but a pension filler season in Japan would probably be the most sensible option for all parties.

2) Chudders has really impressed me when he has played this season, I would say White is top 9 by some way but there not much between the other 3. 4 scrumhalfs who can play 1st team is probably more than we need and in terms of balance it may make sense to let one of the youngsters go rather than Chudders? Very tough call for the coaches but I think one of our 9s will get fed up and make a decision for them soon.

MESSAGES->author
Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 13:57
Very interesting article by Brian Moore in the Telegraph this morning on the reason for Saints demise being their failure to “cull” players as they become less effective!

Currychief
Currychief (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 18:58
Just like Tigers did with Toot?

ukms
ukms (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 20:20
Quote:
Currychief
Just like Tigers did with Toot?

Not sure that he was pushed out by Tigers.

SimonH38
SimonH38 (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 21:39
Waldron is a fine player but I can see his time coming to a conclusion with Exeter and Japan could be the long way back to Lower Hutt?

I'm sure he would leave with alot of friends in Exeter. His opportunities will become more limited I think...

andy15
andy15 (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 16:54
I would offer him another 12m without hesitation,(Sm122) the positive impact he has had on our young pack cannot be overstated. Still playing well IMO in the Exeter system.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net